+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP ! STAMPED VISA EXPIRE BEFORE COLLEGE

Yorki

Feb 22, 2023
Hello to everyone. I have an urgent problem please. Today I received the visa stamped in my passport, and I see that the visa's expiration date is 1 year before the end of college. Is it something normal or is it a mistake from the embassy? Please help me

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello to everyone. I have an urgent problem please. Today I received the visa stamped in my passport, and I see that the visa's expiration date is 1 year before the end of college. Is it something normal or is it a mistake from the embassy? Please help me
Normal. Apply for extension two months before expiry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Normal. Apply for extension two months before expiry.
Would actually suggest applying at least 4 months before expiry given current wait times.

Assume there is a good chance you may have delayed you start date from the original LOA or you are planning on taking a second degree. Normally you get a few months after scheduled end of your program stated in the LOA. Is that the case?