+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help Police Clearance Expired!!!!!!

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got police clearance from Nigeria, it was only valid for 3 months. Now I want to apply to CIC, can I use this or have to apply for a new one? Please help.

Thank you

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
7fifty said:
I got police clearance from Nigeria, it was only valid for 3 months. Now I want to apply to CIC, can I use this or have to apply for a new one? Please help.

Thank you
If the Validity period is mentioned on the Police Clearance certificate indicating it is valid only for 3 months, then its better you apply for PR without PCC and then wait for CIC to contact you for the PC certificate. You then apply fpr new PCC and send the new one to CIC.
If validity is not mentioned then it depends on the Immigration officer. Usually they consider it one year validity. If you are resident in Canada and have not left Canada during processing then they might not ask for a new certificate.

I had submitted PCC with my PR application ( with 8 months validity remaining). Its been 23 months now and i have COPR, i was not asked for a new certificate. ( I didnt leave canada during processing)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
7fifty said:
CIC provides instructions and information about this -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/intro.asp

CIC determines for itself what the "validity" is.

"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

So - if you are have not been a resident of Nigeria since before you obtained the PCC, then the PCC does not expire. If that is the case, then you can use your current PCC without worry,

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, I will read the instructions on CIC website. Thanks for the link.

I will submit my application now (without PCC) and wait until I hear from CIC

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
7fifty said:
Thank you, I will read the instructions on CIC website. Thanks for the link.

I will submit my application now (without PCC) and wait until I hear from CIC
WOW. STOP!!! Submit your PCC with your application - otherwise, your application WILL be returned as incomplete.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Dear Senoirs,
Today i received one email from cic and when i opened that email,i saw one request letter which is i need to submit my one PCC from foreign country within 60 days .when i submitted my PR application that time i didnt submit my PCC that is from Afghanistan,however i had attached one proof that was given from Afghanistan consulate in Vancouver where i have applied to obtained PCC from Afghanistan. So according to that Afghani consular he said it might takes 3 to 6 months but today he sent email to Afghanistan to follow up my PCC.I have submitted my required documents as well as finger prints and and bank drafts on May 6 to the consulate ,its nearly 3 months now.
My question is if i didn't receive that pcc in CIC dedline which is 60 days,they will give extension or would reject my application.
Rabin

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
RabinJi said:
Dear Senoirs,
Today i received one email from cic and when i opened that email,i saw one request letter which is i need to submit my one PCC from foreign country within 60 days .when i submitted my PR application that time i didnt submit my PCC that is from Afghanistan,however i had attached one proof that was given from Afghanistan consulate in Vancouver where i have applied to obtained PCC from Afghanistan. So according to that Afghani consular he said it might takes 3 to 6 months but today he sent email to Afghanistan to follow up my PCC.I have submitted my required documents as well as finger prints and and bank drafts on May 6 to the consulate ,its nearly 3 months now.
My question is if i didn't receive that pcc in CIC dedline which is 60 days,they will give extension or would reject my application.
Rabin
If CIC hears nothing from you by the deadline, they could refuse your application.

So make sure you communicate with CIC before the deadline, even if you do not yet have the PCC. Document everything about what is happening, and provide proof to CIC of what is happening. They often give extensions if you can prove that you are doing everything you can...

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Thanks Jes,i hope i could get after two weeks because everyday i keep on calling to the consulate and follow up.Today i spoke to consular and he said i could get it before my deadline if in case i didn't receive that they gonna a give me again letter so i am worried if cic could considered that second letter for proof.
Rabin

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RabinJi said:
Thanks Jes,i hope i could get after two weeks because everyday i keep on calling to the consulate and follow up.Today i spoke to consular and he said i could get it before my deadline if in case i didn't receive that they gonna a give me again letter so i am worried if cic could considered that second letter for proof.
Rabin
I am Praying for you bro, hope you will get that PCC before deadline.

All the best

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Thanks Meya!!

marc_86

May 29, 2014
RabinJi said:
Rabin
Get a letter or any other proof from the consulate stating that your PCC is being processed. Provide this proof to CIC before the deadline. Talk to a CIC call center agent if you need to. CIC is reasonable with applicants, given that enough evidence is provided to CIC on time. Also, I suggest having an email thread with your contact at the Consulate. Emails are a better proof than phone calls. You can always print them and send to CIC.

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
WOW. STOP!!! Submit your PCC with your application - otherwise, your application WILL be returned as incomplete.
Yeah, I had to too...was not comfortable sending my application. Now just waiting for PCC to come. Thank you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
7fifty said:
Yeah, I had to too...was not comfortable sending my application. Now just waiting for PCC to come. Thank you.
I'm confused... you already have one, why are you not using it? I have tried to explain to you that it is still valid for CIC purposes.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi Jes,today also i called to the Afghanistan Consulate and spoke with consular regarding my PCC.He said that i will get my PCC within my deadline.My question is if in case they didn't receive PCC from Afghanistan in CIC deadline which is on September 19.So when shall i submit the proof?Consulate is gonna a provide me letter that my PCC is being processed.So how do i submit this proof?
Thanks in advance,
Rabin

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jes_ON said:
I'm confused... you already have one, why are you not using it? I have tried to explain to you that it is still valid for CIC purposes.
Some people just don't want to understand no matter how many times they are told...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-help-nigerian-police-clearance-expired-t439026.0.html;msg5334157#msg5334157.