+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help Police Clearance Expired!!!!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
RabinJi said:
My question is if in case they didn't receive PCC from Afghanistan in CIC deadline which is on September 19.So when shall i submit the proof?

On or before September 19.

Consulate is gonna a provide me letter that my PCC is being processed.So how do i submit this proof?

I am not certain if you can upload it through myCIC or if you have to send it via Case-Specific Inquiry. Follow the instructions in the request from CIC. (that is, submit your update the same way you would the actual PCC).

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Thanks Jes,for your valuable suggestions and helped,you helped me a lots in pvt message also.
+1 for you.

sheoran87

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hello group

i have a query.

i have applied for PCC(police clearance certificate) and got it.In the last line it says that "this certificate issued for the stay period from 1.1.2014 to 23.07.2016".
i have been living on this address,from where PCC done,for the above mention period to till date.
Do i need to get PCC from previous address also?though they are in the same city just locality changed.
Do i need to get PCC done from my home town also which is different from present address and in different city but country is same ?

please suggest.

Thank you.

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
I'm confused... you already have one, why are you not using it? I have tried to explain to you that it is still valid for CIC purposes.
The one I had expired (it was only valid for 3 months).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
7fifty said:
The one I had expired (it was only valid for 3 months).
You are free to spend your time and money however you like, but this could be misleading for others, so I will re-state what I (and many others) have already explained: as far as CIC/IRCC is concerned, your PCC has not expired. PCCs are valid for 6 months if you currently live in that country, and are valid indefinitely if you no longer live there.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sheoran87 said:
i have applied for PCC(police clearance certificate) and got it.In the last line it says that "this certificate issued for the stay period from 1.1.2014 to 23.07.2016".
i have been living on this address,from where PCC done,for the above mention period to till date.
Do i need to get PCC from previous address also?though they are in the same city just locality changed.
Do i need to get PCC done from my home town also which is different from present address and in different city but country is same ?
I assume you're referring to a PCC from India. You should get a PCC that covers your entire stay (since you turned 18) in each country you have lived in.

So no, this PCC is not adequate. You can search this forum, there are many many posts on how to get a PCC in India that covers all times/residences.

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
You are free to spend your time and money however you like, but this could be misleading for others, so I will re-state what I (and many others) have already explained: as far as CIC/IRCC is concerned, your PCC has not expired. PCCs are valid for 6 months if you currently live in that country, and are valid indefinitely if you no longer live there.
Do you know if this is still the case? I cannot find anywhere on the IRCC website any reference to this (I know it was like this before: "...the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory", but now this is missing).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Do you know if this is still the case? I cannot find anywhere on the IRCC website any reference to this (I know it was like this before: "...the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory", but now this is missing).
The language keeps changing, maddening, isn't it? I would say with the current language, my above statement is no longer correct.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

For any country other than your current country of residence, "the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row."

Reactions: vsoftco

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
The language keeps changing, maddening, isn't it? I would say with the current language, my above statement is no longer correct.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

For any country other than your current country of residence, "the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row."
Indeed! Thanks for the finding!

The most maddening is that is listed under Express Entry. Do you know about the other classes of applications, e.g. spousal sponsorship? Or we should assume that this applies by transitivity :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Indeed! Thanks for the finding!

The most maddening is that is listed under Express Entry. Do you know about the other classes of applications, e.g. spousal sponsorship? Or we should assume that this applies by transitivity :)
That link comes from another page, which does indeed imply that the rules are different for different programs -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html#other

For Family Class ("Other"), you need to see the program-specific rules in the application guide -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html