+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP>>PLEASE> flagpole for Work Permit

rlyn

Jun 1, 2013
hello there.. anyone please help me..

I came here in Canada as a Visitor, I came from the Philippines which is not a visa exempt country. I have a visitor document valid until next year. my LMO has been approved, I have my valid job contract, and I'm also done with my medicals.
Can I cross the border in Montana/Coutts to get a work permit? Can I still enter Canada even without a reentry visa?

Please help me, I really need some infos now please. thank you so much..

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
You need a re-entry visa.
There is no way they will let you in without a visa.

You should just apply online. It will only take a month.

rlyn

Jun 1, 2013
marsiangal said:
You need a re-entry visa. (Worker)
There is no way they will let you in without a visa.

You should just apply online. It will only take a month.
oh i see.. but my LMO will expire on Sept 25th. :(
if i apply online, is it always exactly 1 month? i worry that my LMO will expire before they start to process my application.. :(

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
If they receive your application before the LMO expires you have nothing to worry about.
They will know when your application was received and base it from that.

So make sure you do your application properly.

It needs to be Application to extend stay or change conditions in Canada as a worker.

rlyn

Jun 1, 2013
marsiangal said:
If they receive your application before the LMO expires you have nothing to worry about.
They will know when your application was received and base it from that.

So make sure you do your application properly.

It needs to be Application to extend stay or change conditions in Canada as a worker.
ok i got it! thank you so much, you are such a great help!
you know my agent keeps on telling me that it's just ok to exit to Montana,
that as long as I have a valid visitor status here in Canada, I could re-enter,
but it just leaves me so sleepless, seriously!
thanks a lot for your help!

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
A visitor permit alone will not be enough for you to be allowed in. You need the actual visa. That is why the permit say this is not valid for re-entry.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Till when is your stay valid? If you exit to the US only and nowhere else then you can re-enter Canada using the validity of your approved stay. You can not apply for the WP thru Alberta; initial WP must be applied for at a consular office or embassy outside Canada. You can try applying at the border. Just not sure if Montana can issue WPs. Call and ask if they do. Blaine does. Make sure that you have valid visitor status and all your documents are in order.

rlyn said:
ok i got it! thank you so much, you are such a great help!
you know my agent keeps on telling me that it's just ok to exit to Montana,
that as long as I have a valid visitor status here in Canada, I could re-enter,
but it just leaves me so sleepless, seriously!
thanks a lot for your help!

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
job_seeker said:
Till when is your stay valid? If you exit to the US only and nowhere else then you can re-enter Canada using the validity of your approved stay. You can not apply for the WP thru Alberta; initial WP must be applied for at a consular office or embassy outside Canada. You can try applying at the border. Just not sure if Montana can issue WPs. Call and ask if they do. Blaine does. Make sure that you have valid visitor status and all your documents are in order.
Does it mean that if you are currently in Canada on a visitor visa - multiple entry and you have a US visa - multiple enrty, with approved LMO, contract and medical, you can apply for a WP at the border? You mentioned Blaine issue WP? I thought for a first timer - on a visit visa, application for WP should go through a visa office outside Canada, that is NYC as the nearest one (if you are already in Canada). Please confirm/clarify

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
It has been done before. If you have a multiple entry visa to both then it's a worth a try.

cookie27 said:
Does it mean that if you are currently in Canada on a visitor visa - multiple entry and you have a US visa - multiple enrty, with approved LMO, contract and medical, you can apply for a WP at the border? You mentioned Blaine issue WP? I thought for a first timer - on a visit visa, application for WP should go through a visa office outside Canada, that is NYC as the nearest one (if you are already in Canada). Please confirm/clarify

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
job_seeker said:
It has been done before. If you have a multiple entry visa to both then it's a worth a try.
Agreed. It can be done if your status in Canada is valid and you have a multiple entry visa.

Vjreal

Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If we do that..lets say im on a visitor visa then i have positive job offer and LMO what else should i bring with me in the boarder for flagpole aside from my passport, LMO, job offer? Should i bring my resume and other supporting documents like strong ties to home country? Is that correct?

rkati

Jan 21, 2014
rlyn said:
hello there.. anyone please help me..

I came here in Canada as a Visitor, I came from the Philippines which is not a visa exempt country. I have a visitor document valid until next year. my LMO has been approved, I have my valid job contract, and I'm also done with my medicals.
Can I cross the border in Montana/Coutts to get a work permit? Can I still enter Canada even without a reentry visa?

Please help me, I really need some infos now please. thank you so much..
hi rlyn,, what happen on your application for work permit??? are they grant you a visa?? please reply., thanks