+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please any one help to get canadian job offer sitting in India

jp261187

Dec 9, 2010
I am completed my B.tech in 2009 and i have completed SAP ABAP ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATION from SAP LABS India and i have ovear all a year experience..please help me to get jobs in canada..please free to mail me at jp_knpalayam@yahoo.com

Resumeshop

Dec 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First, have you written a good resume for the Canadian market? If you need assistance doing so, I can help. I am a professional resume consultant. Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind when writing your Canadian resume.

* Avoid providing personal details such as marital status, religion, number of children.
* Limit your work history to roughly the last 10 years.
* Include your most significant educational and professional accomplishments.
* Quantify your accomplishments whenever possible.
* Make it perfect! Avoid spelling and grammar mistakes at all costs!
* Have your resume professionally written, or at least proof-read by a native speaker.
* Entice the reader to want to invite you to an interview.
* Make multiple resumes, depending on the types of positions you are applying for.
* Format your resume so that it is easy to read[/list]

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are lots of jobs in Canada, just come and you'll get it

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While some people find work, in their target jobs very quickly, for others it will take many months. There are alot of variables that factor into 'how long' will it take me.

If you've done the basics and understand the Canadian job market (protocols and business ettiquette), have a resume for the Canadian market, this is a huge first step. I work in the Career Management field and the average timeline we've seen when looking at all our clients is approx 3 months to find a job - in your targetted field of work. This is regardless of whether you're a new immigrant or a resident Canadian. The more senior the jobs, the longer it will usually take. If you find a position quicker - fantastic, but 3 months is the normal range - so understand what you need to do and set realistic timeframes!

Why can it take longer at times? Here are a few reasons where people get caught in an excessive long job search.

- Lack of focus. Not having a clear target and understanding how your skills match the posted jobs. Understand how you stand out from your competition.

- Marketplace conditions. Unemployment cycles and the time of year can play a role in determining how successful you are finding employment.

- Conducting a reactive versus a proactive search campaign. Jobs will not come to you, you need to be proactive, take ownership and control of your career search campaign.

- Spending time in all the wrong places. Sometimes your job search efforts can become unbalanced. Make sure you spread your efforts across multiple job search tools including networking, online searching, placement agencies, employment recruiters, industry associations, and attending trade and career fairs, etc.

- Insufficient research. Failing to do enough research on your target company or industry will mean that you are ill prepared for the interview.

- Poor selling skills. Not effectively selling yourself to the buyer or in other words having poor interviewing and presentation skills is a common reason for prolonged job searches. Understand the Canadian model for interviewing and presenatsion skills!!

- Unrealistic goals and targets. Setting unreasonable goals related to your target company, industry, ideal working location, salary expectations, job/level, etc. will negatively affect your career search. Make sure you do your research, develop a strong personal brand, and know the marketplace conditions.

http://careego.com/CareerResources/ImmigrationJobSearch/JobSearchStrategies/tabid/325/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
In Canada, job searching is all in your own hands. Recruiters can help identify positions, but they won't "find and get you a job". If you are the right candidate, and present well, they will introduce you to their client, but there are no guarantees. You have to sell yourself! There are lots of resources to help you, but it's expected that you take personal ownership of driving your own job search. Get advice from others - yes, seek out recruiters - yes, but at the end of the day, you will be the one who drives your career.

May 8, 2012
Greetings All,

I am JAVA/J2EE Developer working in Wells Fargo India. I am looking out for jobs in Canada. I have 5+ years of experience. May i know the approach towards getting a job related to my field? Is it so difficult to get a job in Canada from India?

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance

abhibr

May 23, 2012
Resumeshop said:
First, have you written a good resume for the Canadian market? If you need assistance doing so, I can help. I am a professional resume consultant.

I understand that you are a professional resume consultant, could you please share the charge for resume preparation

harshu2010

Jul 24, 2012
  • ok. can i know your full name and how can i buy ur services of professional resume consulting??

let me know?

Resumeshop said:
    First, have you written a good resume for the Canadian market? If you need assistance doing so, I can help. I am a professional resume consultant. Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind when writing your Canadian resume.

* Avoid providing personal details such as marital status, religion, number of children.
    * Have your resume professionally written, or at least proof-read by a native speaker.
    * Make multiple resumes, depending on the types of positions you are applying for.
    * Format your resume so that it is easy to read

Amelia_Pond

Feb 25, 2015
Hi,

I have some suggestions for you about job searching. My friend tried to find a job and browsed jobs on different websites. There are several ones he likes most of all. There is a plenty of jobs there, an enormous count of different industries with wide range of salaries.

bolfox. com
monster. ca
jobbank. gc. ca
canadajobs. com
jobsincanada. com

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
jp261187 said:
I am completed my B.tech in 2009 and i have completed SAP ABAP ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATION from SAP LABS India and i have ovear all a year experience..please help me to get jobs in canada..please free to mail me at jp_knpalayam @ yahoo.com
Sitting in India waiting for a job in Canada? Chances are ZERO! Why would I want to hire a guy thousands of miles away? We have enough jobless SAP guys here. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Once you made it to Canada, then the chances are better..

vish.777

Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi --> WARSAW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/10/2014
Nomination.....
PER 25/01/2015
AOR Received.
Warsaw on 10/02/2015
File Transfer...
[b][size=12pt]Bought a Frying Pan :p
Med's Request
05/05/2015
Med's Done....
12/05/2015
Interview........
[b][color=goldenrod] DM - 23/05/2015
Passport Req..
[color=coral][b]27/05/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[color=teal][b]20/05/2015 as per COPR, PP received on 12/06/2015
polara69 said:
Sitting in India waiting for a job in Canada? Chances are ZERO! Why would I want to hire a guy thousands of miles away? We have enough jobless SAP guys here. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Once you made it to Canada, then the chances are better..
True that it isn't practical to hire somebody countries apart unless the employer is related to you or knows you very well.
However I am clueless about what people are trying to say here, many have very harsh experiences and few have found jobs well in their desired field related to their past experience.

I guess people who found job and are happy bother least to come here on the forum to share their happy ever after story :p

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
  • Resumeshop said:

* Format your resume so that it is easy to read
I have been looking for a job since the beginning of this year without any luck. My situation is that my wife is working in Canada already and I want to find a job first & then move to Canada. I don't want to quit my current job in India and come to Canada as I don't want a gap in my career & I also have liabilities (loans) that would be very difficult to meet with my wife's salary alone.

I've been updating my resume and cover letter every month and have applied to many many jobs till date but all I keep getting is rejection notices. My morale level is currently so low and I'm getting a feel as if my entire experience is not good enough.

Any help will be appreciated.

voyager12

Jun 7, 2015
Amelia_Pond said:
Hi,

I have some suggestions for you about job searching. My friend tried to find a job and browsed jobs on different websites. There are several ones he likes most of all. There is a plenty of jobs there, an enormous count of different industries with wide range of salaries.

bolfox. com
monster. ca
jobbank. gc. ca
canadajobs. com
jobsincanada. com
And so far, what happned? did he get a job offer? or at least they got in touch with him or her?