+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLANNING TO SETTLE IN CANADA

Raj_resh

Oct 20, 2014
HI ALL,

MY NAME IS RAj & I AM A NEW USER TO THIS FORUM.

ME & MY WIFE HAVE PLANNED TO SETTLE DOWN IN CANADA, CAN ANYBODY HELP US ON INFORMATIONS LIKE SAFETY & SECURITY FOR FAMILIES .JOB OPENING FOR IT PROFESSIONAL IN NETWORKING DOMAIN.

MY WIFE IS AN GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE (BANK) HERE , IS IT RIGHT THAT SHE RESIGNS IT & MIGRATES.

IM CONFUSED , WHAT TO WRITE , PLEASE ADVICE ME ON THE MIGRATION

THANKS
RAj

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very nice place to settle, but if you don't have the skills and experience, you can work in McDonalds making hamburgers all your life and you will still be able to make a living. Welcome !

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Raj_resh said:
HI ALL,

ME & MY WIFE HAVE PLANNED TO SETTLE DOWN IN CANADA, CAN ANYBODY HELP US ON INFORMATIONS LIKE SAFETY & SECURITY FOR FAMILIES .JOB OPENING FOR IT PROFESSIONAL IN NETWORKING DOMAIN.

MY WIFE IS AN GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE (BANK) HERE , IS IT RIGHT THAT SHE RESIGNS IT & MIGRATES.

THANKS
RAj
Do you qualify for any programs to immigrate to Canada? If you don't qualify for anything, you can't immigrate here. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if you do qualify, immigrate at your own risk. Some ppl get lucky with good jobs and some have to work in odd jobs. Upto you. But the key is that if you are well settled in India and make good money , then don't bother to come to Canada.

Taj123

Oct 20, 2014
Hi all ,

Thanks for the reply's...

I qualify the Initial assessment, have applied for IELTS exam in December & EWS assessment...

Please advice for any job portals where i can start applying.

Thanks

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Taj123 said:
Hi all ,

Thanks for the reply's...

I qualify the Initial assessment, have applied for IELTS exam in December & EWS assessment...

Please advice for any job portals where i can start applying.

Thanks

You Can Search for jobs at indeed.ca, this Forum is fantastic place to understand cons & pros of Canada. Go through the stories of the people and understand how important for you to immigrate to Canada. Overall Canada is good place to immigrate but sometime is real disaster for some people who were living a comfortable life in their homeland.

Taj123

Oct 20, 2014
Thanks for all replies & support...

please advice on the best place in canada to live with family & to start a business.
How easy is to start a Restaurant business there... can i enter on FSW Visa & do business & required budget.

Thanks

kakkar.pawan

Oct 21, 2014
Hi I am planning to do 1 year Post diploma in IT from Canada community college, I have done MCA in India and working as IT Analyst with total of 7.8 years experience in Bank of America ( In India).
Please let me know how feasible to get settle in Canada after doing any 1 year PG course like MBA or MS. Same case for my wife she will do 1 year PG course and she is also having 6 years of experience with customer support . I will also think for PR but still I want to get study to enhance my skills and to get more mix with Canada culture. Thanks.

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
kakkar.pawan said:
Hi I am planning to do 1 year Post diploma in IT from Canada community college, I have done MCA in India and working as IT Analyst with total of 7.8 years experience in Bank of America ( In India).
Please let me know how feasible to get settle in Canada after doing any 1 year PG course like MBA or MS. Same case for my wife she will do 1 year PG course and she is also having 6 years of experience with customer support . I will also think for PR but still I want to get study to enhance my skills and to get more mix with Canada culture. Thanks.
Buddy,
If your intention is to purely settle in Canada. Then why not apply for FSW or Provincial nominee, its better that way.
Also why bring your wife with you to Canada, wouldnt that be risk(both of you quitting job at same time)??

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj_resh said:
HI ALL,

THANKS
RAj
If your wife is a government employee, then I suggest that you move to Canada without her initially. When you have found a suitable job then call your wife. If things don't go as planned then you can return, atleast your wife has a safe job back home. You must be aware how difficult it is to get a PSU job in this country.

kakkar.pawan

Oct 21, 2014
Thanks Rahul and IT_guy, Actually my wife is working in Private call center..She is not earning too much(only 25000 INR per month). First I will apply for my PR and now a days points system will be strong but still i will do, but on the other hand i also want to study and upgrade myself with new technologies (Like Data Analyst) and I can survive for 1 year with my wife. and also will think to move Alberta as jobs are there as i listened. so if we both study in a good stream then it will good for our future and can also settle in Canada too. Please correct me where i m wrong. Thanks.

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
kakkar.pawan said:
Thanks Rahul and IT_guy, Actually my wife is working in Private call center..She is not earning too much(only 25000 INR per month). First I will apply for my PR and now a days points system will be strong but still i will do, but on the other hand i also want to study and upgrade myself with new technologies (Like Data Analyst) and I can survive for 1 year with my wife. and also will think to move Alberta as jobs are there as i listened. so if we both study in a good stream then it will good for our future and can also settle in Canada too. Please correct me where i m wrong. Thanks.
If you have enough funds for education and stay by all means do...
And Locationwise, Ontario has better prospects for IT jobs than Alberta But its your call

kakkar.pawan

Oct 21, 2014
Thanks IT_guy, so which city you will prefer to go 1 year study in IT and get IT jobs in Ontario, as i heard Toronto is costly to survive. as I think you are from IT background so you can suggest me how should i proceed, I am having around 8 years of IT experience in Software configuration management and production support, so should i choose 1 year MBA or MS in IT. Thanks.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakkar.pawan said:
Thanks IT_guy, so which city you will prefer to go 1 year study in IT and get IT jobs in Ontario, as i heard Toronto is costly to survive. as I think you are from IT background so you can suggest me how should i proceed, I am having around 8 years of IT experience in Software configuration management and production support, so should i choose 1 year MBA or MS in IT. Thanks.
There are many universities in Canada where you can apply. University of Toronto is good. You can take the "Continuing Studies" courses which are short and flexible.