+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plan to deliver baby in canada

Biyarajaz

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
I am pregnant and I have applied TRV on August 1st my husband and two kids are Canadian citizens and currently residing in Canada. Will I be able to get visa?My child will become a Canadian citizen where ever born.my sponsorship application is also in process.but I want to give birth to my child in Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am pregnant and I have applied TRV on August 1st my husband and two kids are Canadian citizens and currently residing in Canada. Will I be able to get visa?My child will become a Canadian citizen where ever born.my sponsorship application is also in process.but I want to give birth to my child in Canada
It's hard to say - the chances of approval are probably 50/50. It's not unusual to see TRVs refused in these situations since IRCC knows you have plans to remain in Canada long term and that you aren't really a genuine visitor.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's hard to say - the chances of approval are probably 50/50. It's not unusual to see TRVs refused in these situations since IRCC knows you have plans to remain in Canada long term and that you aren't really a genuine visitor.
Also depending on the province you will have to pay for the birth and doctors appointments. A normal delivery wold be around 10K and a c-section 20K. This is without any complications of course.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I remember reading an article recently by which was said by the conservative party that babies who are born in Canada with foreign parents that have no PR and Canadian citizenship should not be considered as Canadian. Mostly likely this is one of the main topic to discuss as well during the upcoming elections next year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I remember reading an article recently by which was said by the conservative party that babies who are born in Canada with foreign parents that have no PR and Canadian citizenship should not be considered as Canadian. Mostly likely this is one of the main topic to discuss as well during the upcoming elections next year.
It was one of the platform suggestions from the recent conservative convention last week. Think that it is about time because the system is being abused. Also families applying for PR and spending no time in Canada and having their children apply for H&C so they can pay domestic school fees should be the next to go.

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Dude, even if you have a Canadian child today who are able to sponsor you, it's not guaranteed. There's a lottery and only 10% of the applicants who are financially ready to sponsor their parents are accepted. And this is today! Wait until the trump-like racists (e.g. Bernier) get to government. It'll be worse than the US because at least Trump is blunt. Canadians will keep telling themselves they're open and welcoming etc but it'll only get worse and more closed.

You're better off investing that money & time elsewhere, and have your kid go study. Being highly-skilled with a good education will always be sought after and all countries will want your kid. Or immigrate yourself. Anchor babies is just a waste of money. And for tourism, there's nothign to see in Canada. This is from someone who lived there for 7 years and moved away to greener pastures. You'd be much better served visiting Europe as it is much more fun & richer, more diverse culture (and closer = cheaper tickets).

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Hopefully it won’t happen, already Canada population is too low.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dude, even if you have a Canadian child today who are able to sponsor you, it's not guaranteed. There's a lottery and only 10% of the applicants who are financially ready to sponsor their parents are accepted. And this is today! Wait until the trump-like racists (e.g. Bernier) get to government. It'll be worse than the US because at least Trump is blunt. Canadians will keep telling themselves they're open and welcoming etc but it'll only get worse and more closed.

You're better off investing that money & time elsewhere, and have your kid go study. Being highly-skilled with a good education will always be sought after and all countries will want your kid. Or immigrate yourself. Anchor babies is just a waste of money. And for tourism, there's nothign to see in Canada. This is from someone who lived there for 7 years and moved away to greener pastures. You'd be much better served visiting Europe as it is much more fun & richer, more diverse culture (and closer = cheaper tickets).
This OP's husband and two older children are already Canadian citizens. Her new child will get Canadian citizenship even if s/he is born in any country.

She does not need her new child to sponsor her for PR several years later. Her husband can sponsor her for PR even if they are living outside Canada. BTW her spousal PR application is currently being processed

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Anchor baby from various countries is a good investment. You end up paying 1/4 for post-secondary education. Maybe you send your kid to live with someone and attend a top ranked public school while not contributing to the tax base. For as little as 10K you can flash your passport if you want to get out of a war zone, travel to a country without needing a visa, get a work permit easier, have a place to fall back on if you get sick and don't have or want to pay for medical care and then a nice place to retire with fresh air. Clearly also a large number of people getting Canadian citizenship hoping it will eventually allow them to work and immigrate to the US much easier than with their current passport.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hopefully it won’t happen, already Canada population is too low.
Well I for one hopes that they will include a clause where babies with parents who are PR or Citizens are eligible for citizenship. Its kinda unfair for these people who had their babies and leave Canada after having their babies and then send their kids back to Canada for school and take advantage of the medical health when they did not pay any taxes to help contribute to funding of the public services at all.

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Well I for one hopes that they will include a clause where babies with parents who are PR or Citizens are eligible for citizenship. Its kinda unfair for these people who had their babies and leave Canada after having their babies and then send their kids back to Canada for school and take advantage of the medical health when they did not pay any taxes to help contribute to funding of the public services at all.
FYI people do not get public services unless they live in the province for a while. A Canadian living in the US must stay for like 3 months before getting healthcare. Though, in all honesty, the system invites Canadians to leave, not pay taxes and come back to retire for free stuff. But that's subsidized by accepting immigrants. As they decrease immigration levels going forward the squeeze on Canadians will start. Maybe a Canadian FATCA will be legislated - then we'll start hearing about Canadians dumping their citizenship...

With so much automation coming down the pipeline there won't be a need for as many people.
Economy is about demand & consumers, not labor. This is also why things are cheaper in the US, because the same company has 10x the market, so economies of scale kick in. If you want exponential growth in your economy, then you need exponential growth in your consumers, esp with trade wars raging on. THink of cars for example. If the population is the same, how will you grow car sales year on year?