+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical residence less than 1095 and non routin procedure

SherifEF

Aug 4, 2014
Hi All,

I understood that for the applicants who applied with less than 1095 days , his application will follow non routin procedure. Would you please elaborate what does it mean? Anyone his application followed non routin can share his time line?

Thanks,

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SherifEF said:
Hi All,

I understood that for the applicants who applied with less than 1095 days , his application will follow non routin procedure. Would you please elaborate what does it mean? Anyone his application followed non routin can share his time line?

Thanks,
Yes you will get a residency questionnaire, be delayed for years, see a judge, and then get denied.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Sherifef what canv says is correct. I have seen negligible amount of people passing through non routine procedure.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
I am sorry to say but both comments are NOT CORRECT.

You are entitled to apply within the law and under special circumstances less than 1095 physical days and is permitted by the immigration law. However there are only limited cases and rules that cic will consider.

Most likely you will get a RQ, but not necessarily needs to see CJ and doesn't mean you will get rejected

You can read this link http://immigrationcanada.pro/canada-citizenship/know-can-apply-citizenship-less-1095-days-physical-presence/

And you if you do a research on cic there's links about it too. Only exceptional circumstances

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SherifEF said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
It is absolutely NOT worth applying under 1095 days. In fact, I strongly recommend giving yourself an additional 10 day buffer if you can. The more, the better. It makes a big difference in the complexity of your application and the processing speed.

I applied with 10 days+ buffer and application was processed in 7 months.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Unfortunately, you will not see many who made it here on this threads.
If I remember correctly, so far I read only one case, some where on this forum, where CIC have a positive stand because of some medical conditions. All other cases ended up where first two replies said.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
I am sorry to say but both comments are NOT CORRECT.

You are entitled to apply within the law and under special circumstances less than 1095 physical days and is permitted by the immigration law. However there are only limited cases and rules that cic will consider.

Most likely you will get a RQ, but not necessarily needs to see CJ and doesn't mean you will get rejected

You can read this link http://immigrationcanada.pro/canada-citizenship/know-can-apply-citizenship-less-1095-days-physical-presence/

And you if you do a research on cic there's links about it too. Only exceptional circumstances
I am sorry to say you are wrong. What you telling us is what they wrote, which is garbage. The reality is you go for a long unnecessary battle that you most likely lose. And if you win, you will realize that you wasted so much time that you should have waited to complete the 1095 from the first place.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
CanV said:
I am sorry to say you are wrong. What you telling us is what they wrote, which is garbage. The reality is you go for a long unnecessary battle that you most likely lose. And if you win, you will realize that you wasted so much time that you should have waited to complete the 1095 from the first place.
Firstly, you should give your opinion without being rude . As far as the word 'garbage' concerns, it can be used as an example of how you treat and respect people's opinions. . Politeness and respect is very welcome in any situation. Even in social networking .

I applied with less than 1095 physical days because I was seriously ill and I know what I'm talking about and have consulted a lawyer before applying. CIC accepted my application. I dont need to describe in details about my case because it's not relevant to anybody. But the bottom line is it's OBVIOUS that the smarter way is if you can the best way is to wait and follow what the law requires, but if you can't or couldn't you can apply and justify your reasons' permitted by the law'. In the end, everyone knows what's best for their case. This forum is supposed to provide support for people who are in the process , and not meant to be critical or rude.

The question of the thread was if whoever applied with 1095 of physical days followed NON= ROUTINE and the answer is YES...and wanted to share the timeline , the person didn't ask if it was worth it.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SherifEF said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Some people who have to travel a lot cannot make the Physical residency requirement and have to apply with less than 1095 days.. those have to proof solid residency ties as per the current still active law.. per the new law that will come into force next year, it will not be possible anymore to apply with less than 1095 days.
CIC is becoming more strict on that and unless there is a solid requirment to stay abroad for lengthy time, the CJ will reject the application.. thus you cannot anymore keep your kids and wife or husband and work abroad and fly in from time to time like many used to do.. nor you can have your own business abroad and keep it there.. If you want to live here you move everything this way the new rational is.
Exceptions are people who work for the government and Canadian based companies that do require their employees to travel.. like pilots, international salesmen, truck drivers, etc.. those cannot work without traveling ...
The new law makes it difficult for this chunk except if you work for the Government

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
Firstly, you should give your opinion without being rude . As far as the word 'garbage' concerns, it can be used as an example of how you treat and respect people's opinions. . Politeness and respect is very welcome in any situation. Even in social networking .

I applied with less than 1095 physical days because I was seriously ill and I know what I'm talking about and have consulted a lawyer before applying. CIC accepted my application. I dont need to describe in details about my case because it's not relevant to anybody. But the bottom line is it's OBVIOUS that the smarter way is if you can the best way is to wait and follow what the law requires, but if you can't or couldn't you can apply and justify your reasons' permitted by the law'. In the end, everyone knows what's best for their case. This forum is supposed to provide support for people who are in the process , and not meant to be critical or rude.

The question of the thread was if whoever applied with 1095 of physical days followed NON= ROUTINE and the answer is YES...and wanted to share the timeline , the person didn't ask if it was worth it.
You never mentioned were you approved?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CanV said:
You never mentioned were you approved?
amazing21 hasn't been approved yet.

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What make you apply less than 1095 days why don't wait until complete the days

SherifEF

Aug 4, 2014
The reason for applying early before meeting 1095 days is I am working in Canadian company and the customer in US so I had to fly and visit them at least a week per month. I live here in canada with My wife and kids. I have about 100 days absence for the last four years. i have a letter from the company listing all business trips and confirming that the company was sending me to US since the customer is there. I have all the evidence that my home is here in canada, and my accommodation in US was in a temporary basis and I can attach the hotel bills and car rental bills too. I am planning to apply by next May, where my physical address will be 1060 days, if I wait until 1095 days, the new law will be in force, and I have to wait 2 more years. Hope my case is clear now.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Wouldn't 100 days absence in four years put you well over 1095 days residence?

I'm not an expert on this thread, but I suspect CIC will look at your reported situation -- one week out of the country every month -- and note that this will actually let you accumulate enough time to apply normally, if you're patient. You're not in the situation of an airline pilot, based in Canada, who is out of the country 40% of the time. Anything under 33% will let you apply eventually. And I'm pretty sure that they won't look with favour on the 'I have to apply now before the rules change' reason, there are bound to be thousands of similar applications. I sympathize, though, it must be horribly frustrating. Are your 1060 days at the beginning or end of May? If the beginning, you might get in before the new rules take effect.