+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photos

yre37768

Jan 21, 2009
when they comment that the photos aren't the same as passport photos, Im just curious to know why we cant use passport photos, my passport photos come on a white background and I took the measurements of my passport photo to the requirement of the photo needed and it was spot on perfect, so why must we go out and spend a fortune on getting a photographer to take our picture?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I believe in Canada passport photos are a different size. If I remember my husband's correctly, they're bigger.

If it just so happens that your country's passport photos have exactly the same measurements and everything, then yes, those passport photos are fine. The passport photos as they are in Canada are not fine.

Though... the photographer that took my photo charged me as much for these as they would for the passport ones. So I don't know if it's really that much more expensive, is it?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have pictures that meet the exact requirements specified and it's no older than whatever they specify, you can use it but make sure it's exactly what it's supposed to be. They can be really picky. They once denied a photo of mine because of half a millimeter that my face was too small or too big on it. I went to the mall and that was in Canada to get some taken again and the guy could not get it right. He took some pictures but the size of the face was not within the limits or very close to outside of so I asked him to take them again. He did and they came out the same. Then I made him give me my money back and went to another place that could do it. It's up to you to make sure your photos are right. If the photographer can't get it right, don't accept them because if CIC sends them back, you will have to re-do it anyway.

Miche

Apr 1, 2009
I had my photos taken at Sears, it was $19.99 and they have the template for Canadian Immigration.

yre37768

Jan 21, 2009
can anyone clear up my confussion, My application will be done inland from canada so how many photos must I have done for my application, and my 2 dependant children who are not coming to canada but still need medicals done in Australia, how many photos do they need done, one minute I read 5 and then somewhere else I read 2, very confused

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
I used to work in a photo studio and we'd get to do these all the time.

The passeport photos, residency and the ones for immigration are all different sizes. Any professional photographer in Canada should know what this is about and the differences. If not, you should have detailed spec sheets available.

The studio I used to work at is Magenta Studio Photo. They are in Quebec and Ontario. They have all the needed template. You can walk in there and tell them what you want without bringing the spec and they will know what to do.

Who ever suggested Sears, it is an other option. You can also check out Blacks( i worked there to...Astral for those in Quebec). They will also do it and they are supposed to know what you need.

And as someone pointed out, CIC is very picky about the photos, so if you feel like the requirements are not respected as it is indicated on the specs, please have them redo the photo right away.

Also please fallow all the instruction that are indicated. I can not remember form the top of my head the specific requirements for the immigration ones but for example for the ones for the passeport, it says"do not smile", then do not smile, because if you do and then they get refused (and they will get refused definitely !!), the photographer will not redo them for free, where as if it's his mistake, then he will have to redo them for free.

good luck !

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
sorry, I understood you were in Canada....

I'd say find the specs and take it to a photographer and see if he can do it. I can assume some won't because it's not a standard thing for them over there and it's just more of a hassle to them. They might charge you more also, but as I pointed out, please for you own sake make sure they do respect the requirements if not they will for sure have you re-do them. They are a really pain about those.

Sara

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MARLENA said:
I thought we need 8 photos for someone who is applying outland.
Not necessary, you have to read the region specific instructions for the office where you are applying. For example Manila requires 9.

PMM

yre37768

Jan 21, 2009
PMM

it is 5 photos for australia so that is how many i need to supply with my childrens medical forms, but my application is inland from canada how many photos do i supply is it 2?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi[

quote author=yre37768 link=topic=17015.msg77094#msg77094 date=1238787888]
PMM

it is 5 photos for australia so that is how many i need to supply with my childrens medical forms, but my application is inland from canada how many photos do i supply is it 2?
[/quote]

PMM