+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photos

Ben11212

Apr 22, 2016
PHOTOS - each member of the family?

Hi everyone, I'm in need of some assistance..

I'm also currently living in Australia. I am a dual Canadian/Australian Citizen looking to sponsor my common-law partner. We have practically finished our application although when I looked into the area specific criteria (Australia) it is saying "supply five (5) photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instructions in appendix B, photo specification"

What I want to know is, is this just regarding myself (the sponsor) and my partner (common-law) as we are the only ones on the application or do they want EVERYONES photo from our family including brothers, sisters and parents...? I'm dreading that if that's the path we need to take because her family is very, very large....

Please help!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Re: PHOTOS - each member of the family?

Ben11212 said:
Hi everyone, I'm in need of some assistance..

I'm also currently living in Australia. I am a dual Canadian/Australian Citizen looking to sponsor my common-law partner. We have practically finished our application although when I looked into the area specific criteria (Australia) it is saying "supply five (5) photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instructions in appendix B, photo specification"

What I want to know is, is this just regarding myself (the sponsor) and my partner (common-law) as we are the only ones on the application or do they want EVERYONES photo from our family including brothers, sisters and parents...? I'm dreading that if that's the path we need to take because her family is very, very large....

Please help!
1. No. You (the sponsor) does not provide any photos. The region specific guide is addressing the immigrant (principal applicant) when it mentions "and yourself". You are already Canadian and are not included in the application for PR.

2. No. Only your common law partner and any dependents included in the application (if any) need to submit photos.

richardlin

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 16, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sep 28, 2016 (Passed)
Interview........
No (Jan 11, 2017 Decision Made on ECAS)
Passport Req..
Jan 24, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 5, 2017
I had the same question then came across this thread. They should have said "for each member of your family if they are coming to Canada too."

Thank you!