+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photos - how many to sign? (guide seems to contradict itself)

s-m-w

Jan 17, 2010
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I live in Canada and am about to sponsor my Japanese wife who lives in Tokyo. I'm a bit confused about what she has to write on the back of her photos, and on how many of them to write it. Part 2 and Part 3 of the guide seem to say different things.

In Part 2: Immigrant's Guide (3999E) on page 16, it says to write on the back of one (and ONLY one) photo:
- name
- date of birth
- date picture taken

But in part 3, the region specific instructions for Japan (3913E), on page 4, it says photos (plural) submitted must be labeled with:
- name
- date of birth
- signature

It seems part 2 doesn't need a signature, and wants only one photo labeled, while part 3 doesn't need the date the picture was taken, does need a signature, and needs all photos to be labeled. Have I misunderstood?

I'm waiting to hear back from the Visa office in Tokyo, but was just hoping someone could offer their advice.

Thanks in advance! The posts on this forum have been very helpful!

smw

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Follow the instructions for Japan.

Whenever the general application instructions contradict the country specific guidelines, follow the country specific instructions. This is on page 1 of the instructions for Japan: "If there is a conflict between this guide and any other versions or publications, this document and its instructions take precedence and are to be followed."

s-m-w

Jan 17, 2010
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks! i've read everything over and over but must have missed that point!