+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photo specification ,or requirement can cause application return?

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
I sent my application ,I just forgot to write down my name and address of the photographer on the back of photo but I put my fotos inside of a paper pocket which has the stamp of photographer where there is his name and phone .i did not see anywhere that this will cause application return,but foto specification does.any similar case or idea?

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not trying to be rude or trying to scare you here,

But your application WILL be returned to you.

They have returned every application in the past which beard no photographers Stamp and the applicants name.

They have even returned those applications which had the stamp but no applicants name.

Having the stamp and the name on the envelope means nothing at all. Bottom line to do this was to make sure the photo was taken while in Canada, within 6 months and that the photographers testifies that there are no modifications to the picture.

Sorry :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
dear_pnp said:
Not trying to be rude or trying to scare you here,

But your application WILL be returned to you.

They have returned every application in the past which beard no photographers Stamp and the applicants name.

They have even returned those applications which had the stamp but no applicants name.

Having the stamp and the name on the envelope means nothing at all. Bottom line to do this was to make sure the photo was taken while in Canada, within 6 months and that the photographers testifies that there are no modifications to the picture.

Sorry :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
it is not mentioned that this will cause application return.my photo size has not any problem.who do you know that had the same case?it is said that photo specification is a cause for application return ,not a photo requirement

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol I wish they had a check list of telling you what all are the scenarios where your application will be returned.

Not having the name and the stamp is not meeting the photo requirements. Telling you from my personal experience.

That being said, I may be and can be wrong. It just depends.

So lets hope that your application is not returned. Good luck

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
dear_pnp said:
Lol I wish they had a check list of telling you what all are the scenarios where your application will be returned.

Not having the name and the stamp is not meeting the photo requirements. Telling you from my personal experience.

That being said, I may be and can be wrong. It just depends.

So lets hope that your application is not returned. Good luck
this is the link.in the last sentence you can check that "specification" is mentioned not requirement.there are tens of things that shows this photo is me.my other photos on other docs that i sent and so on so forth...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
I called CIC and they told me that I should wait to see what will happen.I told them is it better to send another photos with names ?and he said that may not be a good idea because there are thousands of documents getting there

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
free said:
I called CIC and they told me that I should wait to see what will happen.I told them is it better to send another photos with names ?and he said that may not be a good idea because there are thousands of documents getting there

Hmm yes as the CIC agent said and even I previously said, wait and see what happens. They might not return your application and even likely it is they wont return your application if you are a single applicant. Usually the problem happens when there are multiple applications, like family, in one envelope.

And yes it is a very bad idea and you wont be able to send the photos now. it will end up no where. You can do it when they start processing your application and if they asked you.

So as I say to everyone, eat, pray and checking your ecas regularly. :p :p :p :p

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
free said:
I sent my application ,I just forgot to write down my name and address of the photographer on the back of photo but I put my fotos inside of a paper pocket which has the stamp of photographer where there is his name and phone .i did not see anywhere that this will cause application return,but foto specification does.any similar case or idea?
I remember replying to an OP whose application was returned due the photo not meeting the specifications of having a dated stamp and photographer details/ signature on the back. It may have been a PR application can't remember but its on this forum. The law says the application to include the photo must be to spec. CIC will be within their right to return the application. The issue here is if a re-submitted application is (as it should) deemed a new one with a fresh residency count - if you had a margin of days on the 1095 mark and are in Canada not an issue. If you applied at the 1095 mark then left then its a whole different ball game. As a side note I would not follow what a CIC contact center rep says.

for ref:

Citizenship Regs

• 3. (1) An application made under subsection 5(1) of the Act shall be
o (a) made in prescribed form; and
o (b) filed, together with the materials described in subsection (4), with the Registrar.
• (2) and (3) [Repealed, SOR/2009-108, s. 4]
• (4) For the purposes of subsection (1), the materials required by this section are
o (a) a birth certificate or other evidence that establishes the date and place of birth of the applicant;
o (b) any document that has been or may be created by the Canadian immigration authorities, or other evidence, that establishes the date on which the applicant was lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence;
o (c) two photographs of the applicant of the size and type shown on a form prescribed under section 28 of the Act;
o (d) evidence that establishes that the applicant has, within the four years immediately preceding the date of his or her application, accumulated at least three years of residence in Canada; and
o (e) evidence that demonstrates that the applicant has an adequate knowledge of one of the official languages of Canada, including language test results or other evidence that demonstrates that the applicant meets the criteria set out in section 14.
• (5) The Registrar shall without delay forward each application and materials filed with the Registrar to a citizenship officer of the citizenship office that the Registrar considers appropriate in the circumstances.
• (6) to (12) [Repealed, SOR/94-442, s. 1]

Marginal note:Applications
13. When an application is made or a notice is given under this Act
• (a) it shall be made or given in such form and manner and at such place, and
• (b) such evidence shall be provided and such fees shall be paid with respect thereto,
as are prescribed by the Minister pursuant to this Act or by the regulations.
• R.S., 1985, c. C-29, s. 13;
• 2008, c. 14, s. 9.

Citizenship Act:

Powers of Minister
28. The Minister may prescribe the forms of applications, certificates and other documents required for the purposes of this Act.
• 1974-75-76, c. 108, s. 27.

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
Msafiri said:
I remember replying to an OP whose application was returned due the photo not meeting the specifications of having a dated stamp and photographer details/ signature on the back. It may have been a PR application can't remember but its on this forum. The law says the application to include the photo must be to spec. CIC will be within their right to return the application. The issue here is if a re-submitted application is (as it should) deemed a new one with a fresh residency count - if you had a margin of days on the 1095 mark and are in Canada not an issue. If you applied at the 1095 mark then left then its a whole different ball game. As a side note I would not follow what a CIC contact center rep says.

for ref:

Citizenship Regs

• 3. (1) An application made under subsection 5(1) of the Act shall be
o (a) made in prescribed form; and
o (b) filed, together with the materials described in subsection (4), with the Registrar.
• (2) and (3) [Repealed, SOR/2009-108, s. 4]
• (4) For the purposes of subsection (1), the materials required by this section are
o (a) a birth certificate or other evidence that establishes the date and place of birth of the applicant;
o (b) any document that has been or may be created by the Canadian immigration authorities, or other evidence, that establishes the date on which the applicant was lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence;
o (c) two photographs of the applicant of the size and type shown on a form prescribed under section 28 of the Act;
o (d) evidence that establishes that the applicant has, within the four years immediately preceding the date of his or her application, accumulated at least three years of residence in Canada; and
o (e) evidence that demonstrates that the applicant has an adequate knowledge of one of the official languages of Canada, including language test results or other evidence that demonstrates that the applicant meets the criteria set out in section 14.
• (5) The Registrar shall without delay forward each application and materials filed with the Registrar to a citizenship officer of the citizenship office that the Registrar considers appropriate in the circumstances.
• (6) to (12) [Repealed, SOR/94-442, s. 1]

Marginal note:Applications
13. When an application is made or a notice is given under this Act
• (a) it shall be made or given in such form and manner and at such place, and
• (b) such evidence shall be provided and such fees shall be paid with respect thereto,
as are prescribed by the Minister pursuant to this Act or by the regulations.
• R.S., 1985, c. C-29, s. 13;
• 2008, c. 14, s. 9.

Citizenship Act:

Powers of Minister
28. The Minister may prescribe the forms of applications, certificates and other documents required for the purposes of this Act.
• 1974-75-76, c. 108, s. 27.
i do not think that we know the thing better than CIC staff.are u a CIC officer?the only thing i knew before sending my application was that link ,and the only true info that we can rely on"name and address are not specification" "they are requirements" as the link shows.i did not know any of these info that you put here before sending forms.my application has not reached there yet.i could send another photos.but when it reaches there ,then it gets time that they join it with my application . they may made their decision before they get new photos.it seems CIC does not like overload of works,so when they have an excuse to return back application then sending new photos and make their work double will make them more determine to send my application back .even if they send my application back ,i can prove them that it is not mentioned in the website as cause of application return.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
free said:
i do not think that we know the thing better than CIC staff.are u a CIC officer?the only thing i knew before sending my application was that link ,and the only true info that we can rely on"name and address are not specification" "they are requirements" as the link shows.i did not know any of these info that you put here before sending forms.my application has not reached there yet.i could send another photos.but when it reaches there ,then it gets time that they join it with my application . they may made their decision before they get new photos.it seems CIC does not like overload of works,so when they have an excuse to return back application then sending new photos and make their work double will make them more determine to send my application back .even if they send my application back ,i can prove them that it is not mentioned in the website as cause of application return.

Ya man, you are totally right. Requirements and Specifications are different things.

I don't think they will return your application. So chill

joe_fun

Oct 6, 2009
i get the part that the date and studio name/address is printed on back of photos, but the studio cant print the applicant's name themselves, correct? i am assuming the applicant's name is printed by the applicant themselves on the back using a PEN,correct?

gta-local

Star Member
Aug 10, 2013
free said:
When did you send your application? Have you got the acknowledgement letter?