+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photo specification ,or requirement can cause application return?

gta-local

Star Member
Aug 10, 2013
I did not write photographer information on the back. My application is in process since August 8th. Does this mean that they accepted my photos? Or there is still chance of return of the entire application?

If CIC returns application because of photo, at what stage of process they do that?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
free said:
i do not think that we know the thing better than CIC staff.are u a CIC officer?the only thing i knew before sending my application was that link ,and the only true info that we can rely on"name and address are not specification" "they are requirements" as the link shows.i did not know any of these info that you put here before sending forms.my application has not reached there yet.i could send another photos.but when it reaches there ,then it gets time that they join it with my application . they may made their decision before they get new photos.it seems CIC does not like overload of works,so when they have an excuse to return back application then sending new photos and make their work double will make them more determine to send my application back .even if they send my application back ,i can prove them that it is not mentioned in the website as cause of application return.
The old 'do you work for CIC query' when you get an answer you don't like...surely you can do better than that. Yeah I work for CIC but only on days ending with y. If its semantics here then hey its a requirement that the photo be to specification. I said clearly that CIC would be within their right to send it back...plenty of examples here where they send forms back for even flimsier reasons. Its a 'requirement' that the photographers details be stamped on the photo...nothing about these details being on an envelope that bears the photos. Presumably because you could have 'dated' photos in a envelope from a 'recent' different set of photos. However the CIC agent that opens it at Sidney could be one that isn't bothered with the finer details and loads it up on ecas...time will tell.

gta-local

Star Member
Aug 10, 2013
Msafiri said:
The old 'do you work for CIC query' when you get an answer you don't like...surely you can do better than that. Yeah I work for CIC but only on days ending with y. If its semantics here then hey its a requirement that the photo be to specification. I said clearly that CIC would be within their right to send it back...plenty of examples here where they send forms back for even flimsier reasons. Its a 'requirement' that the photographers details be stamped on the photo...nothing about these details being on an envelope that bears the photos. Presumably because you could have 'dated' photos in a envelope from a 'recent' different set of photos. However the CIC agent that opens it at Sidney could be one that isn't bothered with the finer details and loads it up on ecas...time will tell.
Hi Msafiri, when you say "time will tell", at what stage of application processing will you know for sure that CIC officer accepted the photos and none of the application or photo will be returned?

Thanks a lot.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gta-local said:
Hi Msafiri, when you say "time will tell", at what stage of application processing will you know for sure that CIC officer accepted the photos and none of the application or photo will be returned?

Thanks a lot.
If your application gets placed on ecas and Discover Canada test booklet sent with AOR you are on safe ground. Seems this is anywhere from 6-10 weeks from application received at Sidney.

BCyoungPNPer

Oct 13, 2016
Hey guys just curious as to what happened. For 2016 provincial nominee application, its say "MUST" have DOB, name, data taken and photographer details on back of photos. I missed my name and DOB but have the date and photographer info. Just curious what you guys think will happen. I am nervous since my nomination certificate will expire by the time I receive their response. What to do, can I send my photos in a letter courier as my application package just reached them last month?

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
And those bureaucrats expect that all the requested information would legibly fit within the 35 by 45 mm?

Someone should start using its brains.

BCyoungPNPer

Oct 13, 2016
The max photo size is 50 mm X 70 mm, so its reasonable to fit that info actually. When photographer stamped the date and their address on my photos, there was plenty of space left to write my name and DOB. I really want to know what happened to people in similar situation as me. What is the typical time for them to get back to me after application reached them.
Thanks

Bhullar94

Dec 28, 2020
Hey guys just curious as to what happened. For 2016 provincial nominee application, its say "MUST" have DOB, name, data taken and photographer details on back of photos. I missed my name and DOB but have the date and photographer info. Just curious what you guys think will happen. I am nervous since my nomination certificate will expire by the time I receive their response. What to do, can I send my photos in a letter courier as my application package just reached them last month?
hi friend I just want to know did your application returned due to missing name on back of photograph? It happened to me same please suggest