+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photo ID for minor

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please advise what I should include as photo ID for a minor child? I am attaching passport bio data page and PR card. However the instruction says it still needs 2 IDs and one of those should have a photo of child. Example given as (1) school record, (2) health card. I can include them but neither health card nor school record has a photo on it.
Thanks.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dodan said:
Can you please advise what I should include as photo ID for a minor child? I am attaching passport bio data page and PR card. However the instruction says it still needs 2 IDs and one of those should have a photo of child. Example given as (1) school record, (2) health card. I can include them but neither health card nor school record has a photo on it.
Thanks.
What's the age of your child?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dodan said:
I agree to what you have said about what is mentioned in the instruction guide for minors:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0003ETOC.asp#CIT0003E4

As your child is in his school age,you need to provide school records and health card. If either of them does not have photos then could be something else you may have to provide. As he is not under school age, i am not sure if passport copy or pr copy will suffice the need or not. I hope someone in this forum who has similar experience can provide more details.

In the meanwhile you may contact CIC call centre to confirm what else can be included.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
dodan said:
Thanks.
Passport bio page + health card for sure

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanking both of you.

One other question... What does "passport and/or travel document" mean? I have some visitor Visa which I used couple times to enter USA. Now do I need to incIude visa copies as visa is also part of "travel document"?

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dodan said:
Thanking both of you.

One other question... What does "passport and/or travel document" mean? I have some visitor Visa which I used couple times to enter USA. Now do I need to inclIude visa copies as visa is also part of "travel document"?

Thanks

If you are referring to "Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)" for the Adult application

This is what it states on the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

[/color]

If you are referring to "Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)" for the Minor Child application:

This is what it states on the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0003ETOC.asp

Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Documents of the child

The biographical page means the page where it has your child's name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents of your child (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application. If the child was included in the passport(s) of one of the parents, provide copies of that passport(s)

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel documents.
[/color]

In both the cases you don't need to provide copies of any visas or any stamps.