+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacist Registration- Is a good standing certificate required even if I have never practiced

mehtaworld

Aug 12, 2017
Hi all,

I did Diploma Pharmacy and Bachelors of Pharmacy from India. After 2 years of Diploma Pharmacy, I got myself registered in Gujarat State Pharmacy council in the year 2007. The registration was for one year during which I never practiced as a pharmacist. I never got my registration renewed as I did not intend to work as a pharmacist. Now I am moving to Canada and planning to register myself through pharmacy getaway. I have few questions.
1) Is it necessary to show my one-time registration for a year in pharmacy getaway which I never used as such? Because in that case, the process is that I need to renew my certificate and then get my good standing certificate for something which I never practiced.
2) Does a previous registration help in any way in my Canada registration and employment?

HayatP

Feb 9, 2022
Hi all,

I did Diploma Pharmacy and Bachelors of Pharmacy from India. After 2 years of Diploma Pharmacy, I got myself registered in Gujarat State Pharmacy council in the year 2007. The registration was for one year during which I never practiced as a pharmacist. I never got my registration renewed as I did not intend to work as a pharmacist. Now I am moving to Canada and planning to register myself through pharmacy getaway. I have few questions.
1) Is it necessary to show my one-time registration for a year in pharmacy getaway which I never used as such? Because in that case, the process is that I need to renew my certificate and then get my good standing certificate for something which I never practiced.
2) Does a previous registration help in any way in my Canada registration and employment?
Hi there, did you get the answer of your question? Currently i am in the same dillemma, i had registered myself with GSPC in 2017 and received provisional certificate which was valid only for a year then after never applied for license as planned to come to canada. Now i am not sure whether i need licensing statement from my authority or not because never practiced in gujarat as a pharmacist and never got licensed too. Let me know if you can help me with this.

Chinmay_010

Apr 30, 2023
Hi there, did you get the answer of your question? Currently i am in the same dillemma, i had registered myself with GSPC in 2017 and received provisional certificate which was valid only for a year then after never applied for license as planned to come to canada. Now i am not sure whether i need licensing statement from my authority or not because never practiced in gujarat as a pharmacist and never got licensed too. Let me know if you can help me with this.
Hi,

Did you get your answer? I'm in the same boat.

Sep 20, 2023
Afghanistan
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
P03498330
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......