+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PHAC - TRV Validity

Saqib240

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
I am applying for TRV using PHAC Letter ( I already have PHAC Letter) .

I came to know that it is valid for very short duration (not like normal TRV). For me Biometric and criminal check was done when I applied last time but it was refused due to lack of funds.

My question is do we have any one who got longer duration TRV (Like Normal) when he applied using PHAC.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A PHAC letter is not a TRV. The PHAC letter gives you a set period of time to come to Canada. If you don’t have a TRV and don’t have a response by the time the PHAC letter expires, you need a new PHAC letter.

Saqib240

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
A PHAC letter is not a TRV. The PHAC letter gives you a set period of time to come to Canada. If you don’t have a TRV and don’t have a response by the time the PHAC letter expires, you need a new PHAC letter.
Thank you for your response.

My question is, do we have any one who got multiple entry TRV and he applied for TRV using PHAC Letter

Saqib240

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Thank you.

I think may be those who had Biometric done and have criminal backgrounds check may get long term.

Not sure, if some one had it, he can give an idea.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response.

My question is, do we have any one who got multiple entry TRV and he applied for TRV using PHAC Letter
In general PHAC is meant for a sudden event where travel as soon as possible is needed like a funeral, a family member having a critical medical event like a big heart attack, a serious car accident, etc. or coming to Canada to be with family while they are close to death. That is why the TRVs tend to require you to travel within a certain time amount of time and usually aren't for the full 6 months.

Saqib240

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
In general PHAC is meant for a sudden event where travel as soon as possible is needed like a funeral, a family member having a critical medical event like a big heart attack, a serious car accident, etc. or coming to Canada to be with family while they are close to death. That is why the TRVs tend to require you to travel within a certain time amount of time and usually aren't for the full 6 months.
You are right. Thank you.

Have in opinion that it should be long as normal TRV as the person don't have to apply again and again if in case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are right. Thank you.

Have in opinion that it should be long as normal TRV as the person don't have to apply again and again if in case.
It is impossible for me to know how long a TRV you will be granted and whether it will be multiple entry. If your parents were already denied a TRV that will also factor into TRV approval and length of visa.

Reactions: Saqib240