+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refused reason submission after 90 days !! Need Help Urgent !!

makpatel.22

Feb 25, 2017
Hello guys,

I did 2 year of full time course after completion of the course i flew back to my country as i already bought tickets. when i came back i immediately applied for the work permit. But after a month i got mail from CIC your pgwp is refused because of submission after 90 days.

And more over that i have no idea about this 90 days of period after completion i was just waiting for my college diploma to come.

I still have 1 month of study permit.

Please give me some advice what i can do next...

Thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello guys,

I did 2 year of full time course after completion of the course i flew back to my country as i already bought tickets. when i came back i immediately applied for the work permit. But after a month i got mail from CIC your pgwp is refused because of submission after 90 days.

And more over that i have no idea about this 90 days of period after completion i was just waiting for my college diploma to come.

I still have 1 month of study permit.

Please give me some advice what i can do next...

Thank you.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/apply.html

Note: You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation that you have met the requirements of your academic program (such as a degree, diploma, transcript or official letter from the institution where you were studying).

Did you receive ANY form of written confirmation? It doesn't have to be a diploma.
If so, that's when the clock starts ticking.

makpatel.22

Feb 25, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/apply.html

Note: You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation that you have met the requirements of your academic program (such as a degree, diploma, transcript or official letter from the institution where you were studying).

Did you receive ANY form of written confirmation? It doesn't have to be a diploma.

Yes i got letter stating that you applied after 90 days so you are not eligible. And i agree about they mentioned on website but i really don't have any idea about this.

Thanks for reply.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
The question I asked was about notification from your educational institution, not IRCC...

I don't believe that there is any way to appeal if you exceeded the 90 days.

Reactions: scylla

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!

What does it mean that "it doesn't have to be a diploma"? does it mean that students who do 2-year diploma courses are not eligible for pgwp?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
What does it mean that "it doesn't have to be a diploma"? does it mean that students who do 2-year diploma courses are not eligible for pgwp?
It means as per the PGWP instructions on the CIC website did you get or even ask for a letter from the college within the 90 days of completing your course that you had in fact completed your 2 year course. It is students responsibility to follow the guidelines and requirements for a PGWP as stated here

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!
It means as per the PGWP instructions on the CIC website did you get or even ask for a letter from the college within the 90 days of completing your course that you had in fact completed your 2 year course. It is students responsibility to follow the guidelines and requirements for a PGWP as stated here

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html
ohkay. now i undertsand. thank you so much. so it doesn't matter that we did diploma or masters unless we are applying in time and following rules right?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
ohkay. now i undertsand. thank you so much. so it doesn't matter that we did diploma or masters unless we are applying in time and following rules right?
Unfortunately that’s correct all anyone needed really is a letter from the college or university dated within 90 days of course completion stating someone completed their course successfully, the course length and of course a study permit still valid.

makpatel.22

Feb 25, 2017
The question I asked was about notification from your educational institution, not IRCC...

I don't believe that there is any way to appeal if you exceeded the 90 days.
Yes i got letter of completion from college on 24 oct as per that i was 5 days late.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Well now i know that but what should do next?
I suppose you could take another course and apply at the end of that one instead? There are rules related to sequential courses that *might* benefit you.

makpatel.22

Feb 25, 2017
I suppose you could take another course and apply at the end of that one instead? There are rules related to sequential courses that *might* benefit you.
can you please give more detail about this type of course and if i take 1 more year of study would i get 3 year of pgwp?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
can you please give more detail about this type of course and if i take 1 more year of study would i get 3 year of pgwp?
Assume you would get a 1 year PGWP.

Mhdotca

Mar 27, 2021
Hi! I received my transcripts and confirmation of graduation by e-mail on January 18th 2021.
Although, the transcripts are dated December 18th 2020, my last day of class. By then I did not have even have my grades yet!

When should I consider the 90 days? On the date of first notification? Or the date printed?
Thanks