+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP REFUSAL-RESTORATION STATUS UNCHANGED-HELP

mapatel

Mar 27, 2023
I got refusal for PGWP because I did not submit Leave Of absence letter for the fall 2020 which I was not provided from the college. After the refusal I asked my college for the letter and with the help of my immigration consultant I applied for restoration and reapplied for the PGWP as well.
Today I received a message saying that the decision is unchanged.

Please advice.

"This letter is in response to your reconsideration request received February 5, 2023, pertaining to your application for a Work Permit that was received on 2022/07/29.
Your application was considered on its substantive merits and has been refused. You were provided with the reasons for refusal by letter dated December 12, 2022, thereby fully concluding your application. After considering the additional submissions, the initial decision to refuse your application remains unchanged.
Should you have different or additional information, it must be submitted with a new application and applicable fees.
NOTE: Passports must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passports."

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got refusal for PGWP because I did not submit Leave Of absence letter for the fall 2020 which I was not provided from the college. After the refusal I asked my college for the letter and with the help of my immigration consultant I applied for restoration and reapplied for the PGWP as well.

Please advice.

"This letter is in response to your reconsideration request received February 5, 2023, pertaining to your application for a Work Permit that was received on 2022/07/29.
Your application was considered on its substantive merits and has been refused. You were provided with the reasons for refusal by letter dated December 12, 2022, thereby fully concluding your application. After considering the additional submissions, the initial decision to refuse your application remains unchanged.
Should you have different or additional information, it must be submitted with a new application and applicable fees.
NOTE: Passports must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passports."
Difficult to comment without knowing your profile. So the LOA was issued in the fall of 2020, and you forgot to submit it? Or you asked college for letter of absence 2.5 years later? . Why would college issue letter of absence years later? What was reason for absence?

Get an immigration lawyer as PGWP is refused to ask about judicial review or leave Canada or apply for another study permit.

Are you in Canada? If so assume you have not been working since 07/29.

Last edited:

mapatel

Mar 27, 2023
Yes, it was issued in fall of 2020 and they did not provide me a letter but just confirmed through email. I gave an explanation and provided with all the details to IRCC when I first applied for PGWP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Please advice.

Can you clarify your question?

IRCC has refused to reconsider your application.

So now you have to wait to see if restoration and a new PGWP application will work. That's the next steps.

khalsa.pradeepsingh

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hi Everyone,
one of my friend applied for Restoration with PGWP, its been 6 months did not get any response. the worst thing is that he lost access to his account and not able to recover the pasword as he lost the passcode also. now he is not able to recover the password and not able to link his account.

he raised couple of web forms and everytime he gets that all the requirement documents were submitted and nothing to do anything from his side. now applied for GCMS notes and waiting for the response.
just wondering is there anyone else in the same situation. and what to do ?

Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,
one of my friend applied for Restoration with PGWP, its been 6 months did not get any response. the worst thing is that he lost access to his account and not able to recover the pasword as he lost the passcode also. now he is not able to recover the password and not able to link his account.

he raised couple of web forms and everytime he gets that all the requirement documents were submitted and nothing to do anything from his side. now applied for GCMS notes and waiting for the response.
just wondering is there anyone else in the same situation. and what to do ?

Thanks in advance
Is he also in the process of extending his study permit as well?