+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP is going to expire . Lets join here

OHiluvCANADA

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
My PGWP is also expiring and I am stuck in India due to covid-19. Though I have COPR but can not land. If you find any solution then please let me know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My PGWP is also expiring and I am stuck in India due to covid-19. Though I have COPR but can not land. If you find any solution then please let me know.
If you have a COPR and have been approved for PR, then you just need to message the visa office to request that your COPR expiry date be extended.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PGWP about to expire in 2 months, no invitation yet for FSW. whhat can i do?

i am inland
If you manage to get ITA and submit your application before your PGWP expires, then you can submit a BOWP to extend your ability to work. How many points do you have under Express Entry? Do you have at least one year of Canadian work experience to qualify under CEC?

If your employer is willing and able to obtain an approved LMIA, then you can convert your PGWP to a closed work permit.

If none of the above work, another option would be to convert your status to visitor before your PGWP expires. You'll need to stop working however you'll be able to remain in Canada.

Jimi01

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Nobody is alone.
Mine expiring on 31 Oct. Need an IELTS of 8777 to get drawn. But test kept cancelling since March. My employer won't do lmia as specified during the hiring.
Does it worth or even possible to fly to BC to take the test from ON?
Thanks and cheers~

jones-010

Jun 21, 2020
Nobody is alone.
PGWP going to expire 2021 July 31. work has been stopped since the 2020 march. I have only obtained 2 months of work experience. the employer said back to work in September. seems I need to change my status before PGWP get expire.

cheramz

Apr 3, 2017
Same here, my pgwp will expire Sep this year, although I am still working but I have not submitted any express entry yet due to missing ielts test for me and hubby and hubby's eca. My company will not support for any lmia, now i am in limbo and do not know what to do because of this pandemic. I hope anyone can let us know what they'd do other than converting to visitor visa to stay in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Same here, my pgwp will expire Sep this year, although I am still working but I have not submitted any express entry yet due to missing ielts test for me and hubby and hubby's eca. My company will not support for any lmia, now i am in limbo and do not know what to do because of this pandemic. I hope anyone can let us know what they'd do other than converting to visitor visa to stay in Canada.
If your current employer isn't willing to go through the LMIA process and you can't find any other employer willing to offer you a job and go through the LMIA process, then you will need to convert your status to visitor before your PGWP expires if you want to remain in Canada. Alternatively if you want to be able to work, then you should consider returning to your home country and they applying for PR from there.

The only other option I can think of would be for you or your husband to convert your status to study permit. You would need to do this for the September term and are short on time to get this done. The person who converts their status to a study permit will of course have to study full time and will be eligible to work up to 20 hours per week. The spouse can then apply for a SOWP.

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
If your current employer isn't willing to go through the LMIA process and you can't find any other employer willing to offer you a job and go through the LMIA process, then you will need to convert your status to visitor before your PGWP expires if you want to remain in Canada. Alternatively if you want to be able to work, then you should consider returning to your home country and they applying for PR from there.

The only other option I can think of would be for you or your husband to convert your status to study permit. You would need to do this for the September term and are short on time to get this done. The person who converts their status to a study permit will of course have to study full time and will be eligible to work up to 20 hours per week. The spouse can then apply for a SOWP.
Hi Scylla,

Is it mandatory for a spouse to take course that's is offering PGWP.?
If my spouse take a course that does not offer PGWP. Do I get SOWP..?

Just struck here and my PGWP expires in 10 days

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,

Is it mandatory for a spouse to take course that's is offering PGWP.?
If my spouse take a course that does not offer PGWP. Do I get SOWP..?

Just struck here and my PGWP expires in 10 days

Thanks
Yes - you need your spouse to take a course that results in a PGWP. If not, then you will have issues getting the SOWP approved.

If your PGWP expires in 10 days, I think your only real option right now is to apply to change your status to visitor and stop working as soon as the PGWP expires. You can then submit a subsequent application to change your status to SOWP once your spouse's study permit has been submitted.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hi guys my PGWP will expire this month 31st and apploed for BOWP no update yet after receiving BIL and my PR is at 32% after receiving BIL and MED update..i know i will be on implied status but having a thought of getting the PR rejected for NOC wrong code is making me worry as i have own car with finance and bills to pay if i wanted to stay here under visitor visa no way to work..but if i try to go back i cant clear the car loan...Hopefully one my friend has same NOC code as mine and got approved as he applied back in jan,2020..But im bit worried about employee reference letter if the officer who reviews my file is so particular about the letter..As it shouldnt be same but has to match with duties...Anyone who applied for BOWP please update...thank you

abir92

Aug 27, 2019
Hi there everyone, a tricky and challenging situation here from my side. My PGWP will be expired on 27th Nov,20.
I worked full time 4 months as a Retail Merchandiser[NOC B 6222] and right now I am working as an Instructor [NOC A 4021] from January,20.
The college employer doesn't willing to give LMIA and I don't have any PNP.
Didn't apply for PR due to missing documents [IELTS] but will have an ECA report shortly.
what should I do now? planned to apply PR but the expiry worries driving me insane. Help me out with your knowledge.