+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension based on employment

Simmi grewal

Aug 28, 2019
Hi,

I have a question, I am currently on one year of PGWP which expires in Jan 2024. Unfortunately I am not eligible in public policy WP extension because it is for people who's WP expires by Dec 2023. So I am in a situation where I have to chose something to extend my WP or Stay in Canada more until I get decision on my Express Entry file with CRS score 486. I was thinking to apply for a study permit in a normal college to stay more in Canada and be in valid status around Dec so I hope to get my decision in that 8 months of study time. But I was told by someone that I might be eligible for LMIA exempt work permit based on I am working for the same employer from more than one year now. I do not know what does this program called and could not find right information as well on google. Hopefully anyone on this forum can help me with this information that I was given. So that i can chose one correct route without wasting my time.

Is that true?? I am working on 21102 NOC for last 2 years with the same employer. Firstly when I was student as part-time then I became full time with the same company till now I am working at a same position with the same employer. I was told there might be a way that I can get a WP ext based on one plus year of work with same employer.

Any help or guidance would be great here.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have a question, I am currently on one year of PGWP which expires in Jan 2024. Unfortunately I am not eligible in public policy WP extension because it is for people who's WP expires by Dec 2023. So I am in a situation where I have to chose something to extend my WP or Stay in Canada more until I get decision on my Express Entry file with CRS score 486. I was thinking to apply for a study permit in a normal college to stay more in Canada and be in valid status around Dec so I hope to get my decision in that 8 months of study time. But I was told by someone that I might be eligible for LMIA exempt work permit based on I am working for the same employer from more than one year now. I do not know what does this program called and could not find right information as well on google. Hopefully anyone on this forum can help me with this information that I was given. So that i can chose one correct route without wasting my time.

Is that true?? I am working on 21102 NOC for last 2 years with the same employer. Firstly when I was student as part-time then I became full time with the same company till now I am working at a same position with the same employer. I was told there might be a way that I can get a WP ext based on one plus year of work with same employer.

Any help or guidance would be great here.
You are not eligible for LMIA exempt work permit. You need a LMIA from your employer and then apply for a closed work permit. To get a study permit, you will have challenges. You need to pay tuition, show $10k minimum in funds and then show ties to home country.

Reactions: iona_s22