+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Expired 2 days ago but can get ITA within next 30 days

Zenmind5

Jan 8, 2021
Hello All,

Please suggest what to do next to get PCC and PR:

1. Currently in Canada but PGWP expired on 01/01/2023 (ineligible for 18 month PGWP extension)

2. Received ITA ( score of 540 because of 1 year experience in Canada, MBA from Canada) but don't have PCC yet.

3. Other documents like Work experience letter can be obtained easily

4. Ielts scheduled for 15th Jan 2023. Earlier score on which I got ITA is expired.

How can I not leave the country and still apply for PR? Can my mom get PCC from India on my behalf while I get my ILETS score? I expect to complete all documentation and get an ITA before end of Jan 2023.

Please help.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello All,

Please suggest what to do next to get PCC and PR:

1. Currently in Canada but PGWP expired on 01/01/2023 (ineligible for 18 month PGWP extension)

2. Received ITA ( score of 540 because of 1 year experience in Canada, MBA from Canada) but don't have PCC yet.

3. Other documents like Work experience letter can be obtained easily

4. Ielts scheduled for 15th Jan 2023. Earlier score on which I got ITA is expired.

How can I not leave the country and still apply for PR? Can my mom get PCC from India on my behalf while I get my ILETS score? I expect to complete all documentation and get an ITA before end of Jan 2023.

Please help.
BLS helps you to get PCC for India. You need to make an account,pay fees and follow the instructions. IRCC has mentioned process to get every country's PCC being inland. Research the website

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi….what does PCC mean? And were you able to find a solution to remain here in Canada after PGWP expiration?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi….what does PCC mean? And were you able to find a solution to remain here in Canada after PGWP expiration?
PCC = police certificate

Zenmind5

Jan 8, 2021
BLS helps you to get PCC for India. You need to make an account,pay fees and follow the instructions. IRCC has mentioned process to get every country's PCC being inland. Research the website
I cannot since i don't have a valid status right now. Without a valid status, the process is tricky.

kush2020

Aug 26, 2021
You can stay in the country by converting yourself to visitor status. this will allow you to stay for six additional months.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
You can stay in the country by converting yourself to visitor status. this will allow you to stay for six additional months.
He can apply yes, but he needs to stop working right away as he will be deem at fault. It is easy to confirm if someone is still working through employer, CRA, retirement contributions, etc. The visitor's visa could be seen by the agent as a way to try to avoid the conditions on his work permit.
He needs to be franc with immigration in an explanation letter on why he decided to wait until now that the work permit is expired to try to apply for a new visa, but the visitor's visa seem like the best option.

Reactions: Taran D

Zenmind5

Jan 8, 2021
He can apply yes, but he needs to stop working right away as he will be deem at fault. It is easy to confirm if someone is still working through employer, CRA, retirement contributions, etc. The visitor's visa could be seen by the agent as a way to try to avoid the conditions on his work permit.
He needs to be franc with immigration in an explanation letter on why he decided to wait until now that the work permit is expired to try to apply for a new visa, but the visitor's visa seem like the best option.
I stopped working yesterday and notified my employer. I am now applying for restoring my status as a visitor. Few questions:
1) What should I select in the below question? (My actual reason is to take IELTS and file for PR under CEC from within Canada. I am also living with my GF).

Details of visit to Canada
Question 1
  1. From the list, indicate the reason why you want to extend your stay:
    • Business
    • Tourism
    • Short-Term Studies
    • Returning Student
    • Returning Worker
    • Super Visa: For Parents or Grandparents (applies only to those who entered Canada with a Super Visa)
    • Family Visit
    • Other (medical visits, transit, etc.)
  2. If you choose “Other”, provide details
Question 2:

How long are you "planning" to stay in Canada?

Last edited:

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
I was in this situation. My score was great. Everything was in process. But my WP expired and I haven't left the country on time. So they rejected my application, right before the pandemic.

So if you are unable to secure a visitors visa on time, I highly suggest you leave the country in order to protect your chances of ITA to PR roadway.

I had a lawyer at that time, and I was also "suggested" to leave...but wasn't informed thoroughly that staying in Canada after expiry of WP even though my ITA and everything was in good standing, could jeopordize my standing. I have been suffering since trying to remedy the situation...

Zenmind5

Jan 8, 2021
Hi, sorry to hear about your situation and thanks for your suggestions. I am flying back on 27th Jan ( 27 days after my PGWP expiry) and will be filing restoration of status as a visitor today/tomorrow. Do you think this is also too late? How long did you overstay?

Should I even Start my new express Entry profile while I am in India? Or getting ITA while I am in Canada without status but applying for PR when I am back is okay? Just need to know what the best move is given that I have booked tickets for 27th and am currently undergoing dental treatment. Thanks

Reactions: Jazkh

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi, sorry to hear about your situation and thanks for your suggestions. I am flying back on 27th Jan ( 27 days after my PGWP expiry) and will be filing restoration of status as a visitor today/tomorrow. Do you think this is also too late? How long did you overstay?

Should I even Start my new express Entry profile while I am in India? Or getting ITA while I am in Canada without status but applying for PR when I am back is okay? Just need to know what the best move is given that I have booked tickets for 27th and am currently undergoing dental treatment. Thanks
Ideally you should leave before expiry of WP.... But you have 90 days to apply for extension or visitors permit...AND you must leave as soon as you can. You cannot apply and wait for a decision hoping that they will be accepting, because they will not be accepting (as with my case)

if you WP expires, or if you do not have any "permit" whatsoever, you must leave asap. You must not overstay. (max 90 days)

This does not change your profile. Lets say you have education, ielts, canadian experience etc. You can use all that and apply from home. Or, if you have applied already, you can wait for the result from home.