+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and SOWP at the same time

BennyE

May 14, 2024
Hi guys,

I found this platform useful. I recently just finished my Grad diploma in the university here in Canada. I’m about applying for a PGWP, and I realized I could apply for SOWP using the same application for my spouse.
My question is this, would I still be given implied status so I can work, because I’m not working right now until I have submitted the application?

Is it advisable to apply for the Pgwp and SoWP together in one application?

I seek your counsel.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can apply together but you need a job with paystubs for spouse to be eligible for SOWP. So no point in applying for SOWP if you don’t have job letter and paystubs.

BennyE

May 14, 2024
You can apply together but you need a job with paystubs for spouse to be eligible for SOWP. So no point in applying for SOWP if you don’t have job letter and paystubs.
Oh. have both employment letter and paystubs. Although the employment was while I was still a student and I still work there.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh. have both employment letter and paystubs. Although the employment was while I was still a student and I still work there.
As long as you are still an employee and the letter and paystubs are recent then apply at same time. You said in your post that you are not working right now.

BennyE

May 14, 2024
As long as you are still an employee and the letter and paystubs are recent then apply at same time. You said in your post that you are not working right now.
oh, it was a mistake. I’m still an employee, but stopped working so as to apply for my pgwp as I already got my letter of study completion.
Thank you, I got the point now.

BennyE

May 14, 2024
must the job be full time? Cos, I got the job while still under study permit.

BennyE

May 14, 2024
this means my spouse doesn’t even need to attach her bank statement then. My paystub would cover for that, right?