+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP, a bit rare situation I'd assume.. please help!

rgaccinsky

Jan 5, 2015
This is my current status:

- Graduated from 4 year university program in Canada in 2012

- Since then, I've been applying for PGWP as much as I could, due to limited passport time I had at the time of each application

- I currently have a passport valid until the end of 2015, and the passport is of Visa Exempt country

- Right now, I'm assuming I have about 6-7 months left, and trying to apply for the rest of my time

- I am currently unemployed, since I don't have legal rights to work in Canada right now.

The problem and major questions:

- My previous PGWP visa expired in December of 2014, but I've applied for a new visa online as I did in 2012, and 2013.

- But with the updated website, I've made a mistake and wasted about 3-4 weeks waiting for the CIC's response, saying that my application has been refused (I've picked the wrong program to apply, I've discovered..)

- Now I'm panicking. Am I considered an illegal immigrant currently? I am not making any income to abide the law.. but am I able to apply in Canada?

- I'm trying to apply for PGWP again as soon as possible without making the same mistake.. It says I need to recover my status as a student which costs $200, and the usual application fee of $150. Is this correct?

Please share your insight and provide me some guidance if you could.. thanks a lot!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you're out of status. You have 90 days from the time your status expired in December to submit an application to fix this issue.

Yes - you need to apply to restore your status and at the same time apply for the right work permit.

It's good that you're not working. Unfortunately you won't be able to start working again until you have a new approved work permit.

Rupal Shah

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Friend,

I believe if you apply for postgraduate program shortly you may extend your stay in Canada.

There is Human Resource management post graduate program in Parkland College in Saskatchewan for Feb 2015 intake.

I have graduate friends who have applied for this program.

Soon after getting an Offer Letter of a full time job you can also apply for SINP and settle down if you wish to.

Being in Canada, you would be aware of Saskatchewan province right?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Rupal Shah said:
Hi Friend,

I believe if you apply for postgraduate program shortly you may extend your stay in Canada.

There is Human Resource management post graduate program in Parkland College in Saskatchewan for Feb 2015 intake.

Soon after getting an Offer Letter of a full time job you can also apply for SINP and settle down if you wish to.

Being in Canada, you would be aware of Saskatchewan province right?
please read the question properly before answering..OP has time left on his PGWP just need to apply for the right work permit....ru an agent for parkland college?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rupal Shah said:

No - you're completely and 100% wrong - and don't understand the situation. Please stop spamming about Parkland College. That much spamming about a college tells you one thing - it's a bad school because they need to hire people like you to spam internet forums. Good schools don't need to spam internet forums.

Rupal Shah

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi friends,

I am an agent??? Hehe...

Good one!!!

This is not your fault, you might have seen such cases before. In fact I came across such where they sent me numbers in inbox to contact them for query.
Mead,

I must take your question as a complement.

I have my friends in Ontario, Saskatchewan and couple of them are in Alberta.

And Saskatchewan friends are in Parkland College. And getting their views I have developed interest in same province. I have even researched myself on same little bit.

You can ask this question only if you have seen such people here before or you yourself are an agent. Who are you?

If you think I am an agent? Hehe... Keep thinking...