+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Thank you so much for clarifying @jadeja.
I had submitted my parents marriage certificate along with the application. Now I am submitting Voter ID, Aadhar card for both parents plus an affidavit for same name for my father as his middle name is missing on both my father and mother's Aadhar and Voter ID. Hope this type of affidavit is acceptable.
For myself, I have only submitted Aadhar and 10th class certificate. I do not have Voter ID. hope that will work.
Hope this works. Did you provide the other names for the parents in the application package. There is an option to provide other names in the application package.

Reactions: YVR123

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hope this works. Did you provide the other names for the parents in the application package. There is an option to provide other names in the application package.
That's a valid point and I have not provided other names then. I never realized at that time. I am not sure what could be done in this case, any suggestions?

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hotsalsa, did you complete the medicals?? You suggested uploading the e document online and hence checking it with you.
Hey! No, I have not received a medical request for my parents yet. I am not expecting to receive it because from what I have heard, if the medicals have been given recently in the last 2-3 years for Super Visa etc., they may not request them again from my parents. Will update everyone here with what happens eventually.

I suggested uploading the e-medical document as that is what I have always done (and it is a requirement) while applying for my student permit, my work permit and my own PR. I assume it would be the same for PGP too, no?

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
That's a valid point and I have not provided other names then. I never realized at that time. I am not sure what could be done in this case, any suggestions?
I just read this somewhere on this link in guide 5772
Uploading additional documents to your online application
To submit supporting documentation with your online application [e.g. your Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, a copy of the exact status in Canada document you submitted with your 2020 interest to sponsor form, etc.] select “Other” from the drop-down menu (Document type) and upload your documents or other additional information which can be in any of the following formats: JPG, JPEG or PDF.

Enter names into forms exactly as they appear on the person’s passport. If there are any differences in how a name is displayed on other identification, provide documents to support the difference (for example, a legal proof of name change, if you changed your name) or a letter of explanation (if it’s a discrepancy between legal documents, like a different name on your birth certificate).

Fingers crossed they don't refuse application for such things.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
I just read this somewhere on this link in guide 5772
Uploading additional documents to your online application
To submit supporting documentation with your online application [e.g. your Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, a copy of the exact status in Canada document you submitted with your 2020 interest to sponsor form, etc.] select “Other” from the drop-down menu (Document type) and upload your documents or other additional information which can be in any of the following formats: JPG, JPEG or PDF.

Enter names into forms exactly as they appear on the person’s passport. If there are any differences in how a name is displayed on other identification, provide documents to support the difference (for example, a legal proof of name change, if you changed your name) or a letter of explanation (if it’s a discrepancy between legal documents, like a different name on your birth certificate).

Fingers crossed they don't refuse application for such things.
I don’t think your application would be refused. They might need additional documents for verification purpose like voter card and Adhaar card but these have already been requested. Don’t worry. Go through 2018 and 2019 PGP forum, I hope you can find someone who has a situation similar to you.

Reactions: swsood1686

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hey! No, I have not received a medical request for my parents yet. I am not expecting to receive it because from what I have heard, if the medicals have been given recently in the last 2-3 years for Super Visa etc., they may not request them again from my parents. Will update everyone here with what happens eventually.

I suggested uploading the e-medical document as that is what I have always done (and it is a requirement) while applying for my student permit, my work permit and my own PR. I assume it would be the same for PGP too, no?
For PGP, panel physician upload documents electronically. My parents went through this Step in Canada. You can do a follow up with the physician to know when he/she has electronically submitted your medicals.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotsalsa

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Hi Guys,

My parents got Boimetrics request yesterday. Their passport which was used at the time of application is going to expire in next 10 days i.e Nov 20th. It has still validity of 10 more days. They applied to get new passport few days back and already got new passport delivered in hand yesterday . Now should we complete the biometrics with the old passport ? Or they should update the passport information in CIC and then go for biometrics with the new passports ? Any thoughts ?
same situation here. i’ll have my parent bring her old and new passport during biometrics and medical.

Reactions: milansaha

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
For PGP, panel physician upload documents electronically. My parents went through this Step in Canada. You can do a follow up with the physician to know when he/she has electronically submitted your medicals.
Ok. I will look into it if and when I receive medical requests. Thank you!

jnaik

Oct 29, 2021
Thank you so much for clarifying @jadeja.
I had submitted my parents marriage certificate along with the application. Now I am submitting Voter ID, Aadhar card for both parents plus an affidavit for same name for my father as his middle name is missing on both my father and mother's Aadhar and Voter ID. Hope this type of affidavit is acceptable.
For myself, I have only submitted Aadhar and 10th class certificate. I do not have Voter ID. hope that will work.
@swsood1686 , @jadeja I was requested the same documents you was requested plus my father's government service details form.

For me i submitted both my parents Voters and Aadhar Card
My Voter's card and 10th Certificate
and Details of Govt. Service form.

Hopefully should be fine even i have submitted School Leaving and re sent Marriage certificate of parents and mine birth certificates even though i submitted before.

I have only issue is my father is having diff. names in diff documents like bhai, Kumar, etc. which i wrote clarification too to consider as one person. Hopefully should be okay

I can see documents are uploaded in GC key where it was documents requested.

Reactions: swsood1686

harpu_1986

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
Nomination.....
13-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with package
File Transfer...
15-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-07-2015
Hi Everyone
I won't be able to link my mother application kindly help me understand may be I am missing something. At the very end it asking enter the family members including the principal applicant. I am sponsoring my Mother. Do I need to add 1 in the field or do I need to add all my family members including my mom??

jnaik

Oct 29, 2021
Hi Everyone
I won't be able to link my mother application kindly help me understand may be I am missing something. At the very end it asking enter the family members including the principal applicant. I am sponsoring my Mother. Do I need to add 1 in the field or do I need to add all my family members including my mom??
Hello

Your mother + you + if you have spouse as co signer then total 3.

mean how many people you are sponsoring +
sponsors you + Your spouse if co signing.

harpu_1986

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
Nomination.....
13-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with package
File Transfer...
15-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-07-2015
Hello

Your mother + you + if you have spouse as co signer then total 3.

mean how many people you are sponsoring +
sponsors you + Your spouse if co signing.
I still can't link :(
I wanted to share screenshot here....any idea how can i share

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
  1. Make sure your Ecas Status is available before linking to myCIC. ( you cannot link to myCIC if Ecas not available).
  2. After you login to MyCIC, you click on Link App to this Account button.
      • Choose Permanent Residence in category &
      • Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
  3. Application Details: use suitable option . if you don't have File# use UCI # and Family name of Principal Applicant OR family name , Given name and DOB option and enter Principal Applicant details.
  4. Application Personal Information: Passport or Place of birth . In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. you can use passport # and date or place.
  5. Other Application Information: Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada? Match the city and province name you entered in the original application. and PA maritial status.
  6. count # of Family member = [ Sponsor + if Cosigner ] do not count kids + [PA + if Dep]
  7. open Link to see more details.
The system will only link an application if the information you enter matches the application exactly. Make sure you don’t have any extra spaces before or after what you type into each field.

Also check
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23
Thank you so much, after trying for 2 months, today I was able to link the file. Thanks alot. The family size is the main issue with those having kids. Kids need not to be counted.,thanks once again.

Reactions: gen_z

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Got an update yesterday that says Medicals passed. So I guess it is true that medicals from the last few years (almost 3 years in my case) hold valid and no need to give a new exam. Nice.

Reactions: dalsy2