Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
I asked IRCC on Twitter and they told me that it is the one at the back top corner and have me this link to verify.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=id_num

That is why I am asking for help here.

check IRCC tweet here
check these links

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

your passport or proof of status in Canada document number
  • Find out where to find that number.
  • You should enter the number of the same document you’ll submit with your application if you’re invited to apply. If the document number doesn’t match, we’ll return your application.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1446&top=14#pr-card

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
check these links

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

your passport or proof of status in Canada document number
  • Find out where to find that number.
  • You should enter the number of the same document you’ll submit with your application if you’re invited to apply. If the document number doesn’t match, we’ll return your application.

yes I read that and that is why I am confused. When I submitting the interest to sponsor form last year (which I wasn’t able submit to in time), CIC asked for number that is at the back of the PR card number, on the top corner.

This year I was entering the same but then when I checked the references link, it mentioned the number in the front. That number is the UCI number. UCI number is the unique client ID, not the status in Canada document number. This is obviously wrong, maybe CIC made a mistake. Now when I asked them on Twitter, they advising use the number at the back on the top corner (left right defends on from where you are facing the card so I’m not getting into that technicality)

Can any senior comment or anyone who has researched on this ?

thanks

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
yes I read that and that is why I am confused. When I submitting the interest to sponsor form last year (which I wasn’t able submit to in time), CIC asked for number that is at the back of the PR card number, on the top corner.

This year I was entering the same but then when I checked the references link, it mentioned the number in the front. That number is the UCI number. UCI number is the unique client ID, not the status in Canada document number. This is obviously wrong, maybe CIC made a mistake. Now when I asked them on Twitter, they advising use the number at the back on the top corner (left right defends on from where you are facing the card so I’m not getting into that technicality)

Can any senior comment or anyone who has researched on this ?

thanks
I am no senior here in this forum but here is my 2-cent
Not all IRCC employees advised you correctly or appropriately. They also made mistakes often too. This is known facts
The Unique Client ID is something that is attached to you and you only on all Canada government-issued paperworks. It appears on your Visitor visa, your PR card and later, your Citizenship certificate.
I would go with the UCI number, instead of the one on the back.

By the way, after checking the info on the IRCC website about PGP again, this is the number on the PR that IRCC wants:

Not sure why they told you about the back-top of the card!?

Last edited:

vsamin65

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Thanks for your reply I agreed that, but last year he got promoted with base sal of 75K + incentives and extra whatsoever. I checked his salary in 2014 he has 45K and today he is in same organization with increasing of pay stub. We hope this time we got confirmed to be there with them. He got coofiirmation no. this year after filling EOI.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Thanks for your reply I agreed that, but last year he got promoted with base sal of 75K + incentives and extra whatsoever. I checked his salary in 2014 he has 45K and today he is in same organization with increasing of pay stub. We hope this time we got confirmed to be there with them. He got coofiirmation no. this year after filling EOI.
You said he already submitted the EOI. I hope he really meet the LICO this time

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
I am no senior here in this forum but here is my 2-cent
Not all IRCC employees advised you correctly or appropriately. They also made mistakes often too. This is known facts
The Unique Client ID is something that is attached to you and you only on all Canada government-issued paperworks. It appears on your Visitor visa, your PR card and later, your Citizenship certificate.
I would go with the UCI number, instead of the one on the back.

By the way, after checking the info on the IRCC website about PGP again, this is the number on the PR that IRCC wants:

Not sure why they told you about the back-top of the card!?
Yeah I don’t know myself. So I should be fine if I enter UCI (the number in front of my PR card) when submitting the interest to sponsor form ?

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Curious anyone here know someone from the lot that filed the lawsuit last yr? Why is it that Govt is secretly accepting these applications to keep them quiet past the quota. That means there is plenty of room for more applications.
Who do I need to talk to find out more information and no I don't want to talk to CIC.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Curious anyone here know someone from the lot that filed the lawsuit last yr? Why is it that Govt is secretly accepting these applications to keep them quiet past the quota. That means there is plenty of room for more applications.
Who do I need to talk to find out more information and no I don't want to talk to CIC.
I guess you should find an immigration lawyer and discuss about the possibility of the lawsuit
From what I heard, the ground was those who have difficulty with computers or physical challenges so they could not use the keyboard to type in the information fast enough... And they are all eligible otherwise...

Reactions: canuck78

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Yeah I don’t know myself. So I should be fine if I enter UCI (the number in front of my PR card) when submitting the interest to sponsor form ?
You should be perfectly find using the UCI. At later stage if you are selected, you also need to use your UCI to link the account to monitor the process

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're not going to be able to find or get any details. Those involved had to sign an NDA. This means the are forbidden by law from sharing the details.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does anyone know when we will know the results of lucky draw?
If it's like before, IRCC will take some time to weed out the duplicates and then run the draw. My guess is December or January. They don't exactly operate at the speed of light.

Reactions: dalsy2