+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PFL came from Edmonton IRCC but PFL response received at Winnipeg IRCC..Experts please help!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
no, I might go for mandamus if I don't hear anything after 1 month
Mandamus may be a waste of money in this case. There is no fixed timeline for responding after PFLs have been received and it's not at all unusual to wait a number of months for an answer. This is because a PFL makes your application non standard and requires additional reviews. Of course it is totally your choice but wanted to mention that it feels quite early to be requesting mandamus. Good luck regardless of what you decide to do!

Reactions: gagan.196

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mandamus may be a waste of money in this case. There is no fixed timeline for responding after PFLs have been received and it's not at all unusual to wait a number of months for an answer. This is because a PFL makes your application non standard and requires additional reviews. Of course it is totally your choice but wanted to mention that it feels quite early to be requesting mandamus. Good luck regardless of what you decide to do!
Thanks for your response. Yes, I agree but it is quite frustrating waiting for more than 16 months now especially as another co-worker from the same company got his PR within six months with no issues. What is the minimum amount of time that makes us eligible for mandamus?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response. Yes, I agree but it is quite frustrating waiting for more than 16 months now especially as another co-worker from the same company got his PR within six months with no issues. What is the minimum amount of time that makes us eligible for mandamus?
There's no minimum amount of time. However if you go to early, you risk being told you don't have a case and just have to wait.

You want to have exceeded normal processing times. For you, unfortunately, you can't compare against regular processing times since your application is non standard due to the PFL. So my two cents is that it would only make sense to spend money on mandamus once your wait time for a response on the PFL has been way too long. I can't comment on what that would be. My personal opinion is that the PFLs that exceed 1 year are in the space where mandamus is totally merited. But a lawyer may be in a better position to advise. Good luck.

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no minimum amount of time. However if you go to early, you risk being told you don't have a case and just have to wait.

You want to have exceeded normal processing times. For you, unfortunately, you can't compare against regular processing times since your application is non standard due to the PFL. So my two cents is that it would only make sense to spend money on mandamus once your wait time for a response on the PFL has been way too long. I can't comment on what that would be. My personal opinion is that the PFLs that exceed 1 year are in the space where mandamus is totally merited. But a lawyer may be in a better position to advise. Good luck.
Thank you for your advice!

india2can2024

Feb 8, 2024
Thank you for your advice!
Hi Gagan,

It's really frustrating to go through this PFL process, however, all we can do is wait. I also believe so. My representative said that PFL decisions are generally given within 6 months from PFL response date, which I have also observed in this forum. I see that you are about to finish 4 months in about 10 days, so lets hope you will hear something positive soon.

Did you try calling them for an update? Any change whatsoever?

On the other hand, how long does GCMS take these days as I also ordered one last Friday?

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Gagan,

It's really frustrating to go through this PFL process, however, all we can do is wait. I also believe so. My representative said that PFL decisions are generally given within 6 months from PFL response date, which I have also observed in this forum. I see that you are about to finish 4 months in about 10 days, so lets hope you will hear something positive soon.

Did you try calling them for an update? Any change whatsoever?

On the other hand, how long does GCMS take these days as I also ordered one last Friday?
No point in calling them, all they have to say is your eligibility, security, blah blah is in progress which you can already see in your tracker. NO Change in my tracker. GCMs are taking 30 days. Thanks for the wishes and I wish you the same!

Reactions: india2can2024

india2can2024

Feb 8, 2024
No point in calling them, all they have to say is your eligibility, security, blah blah is in progress which you can already see in your tracker. NO Change in my tracker. GCMs are taking 30 days. Thanks for the wishes and I wish you the same!
Thanks Gagan,

I really wish we both hear positive news soon.