+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate.

dreamerchant

Mar 23, 2015
Hello experts:

Need your kind advice.

For PR Card renewal, CIC asked me to provide, "Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled."

How can I get such such certificate? Who is the issuing authority of such certificate? My home country's embassy? FYI, earlier I used to do a job that required frequent traveling to 15 countries.

So, please advice.

Thanks and regards.

anakinhay

Feb 14, 2012
I got this today as well.

Now I am trying to figure out how to obtain such information.
Unless we provide them with additional documents like employment letters and bank statements

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Do you have any idea for this clause, it's very confusing

" CIC requested : Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled."

Please advise

Thanks

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamerchant said:
Hello experts:

Need your kind advice.

For PR Card renewal, CIC asked me to provide, "Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled."

How can I get such such certificate? Who is the issuing authority of such certificate? My home country's embassy? FYI, earlier I used to do a job that required frequent traveling to 15 countries.

So, please advice.

Thanks and regards.
You need to contact the embassy of each of those countries as those procedures could be different from one to another.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your passport is one such document, but not enough on its own.

Because the letter asks for documentation from "the countries where you have traveled" a record of movement from your home country is not enough either.

It seems like a bit much to me to have to get a document from every country, especially because many countries do not even offer this documentation (you can't provide a document that does not exist). But you would be wise to provide a record of movement from any country where you traveled often or had a work visa. You can get an 1-94 from the US easily enough (google it). For Gulf States, it's bit harder. Check here for info on Records of Movement: https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/records-of-movement/.

If a record of movement is not available from "the countries where you have traveled" you should show that you've done your due diligence to try to find one (i.e. write a cover letter noting the names of who you communicated with, their position, which office they work for, when you spoke with them, and their declaration that no such document exists from said country).

You would also need to provide alternate documentation showing your presence in Canada.

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Do you have any idea for this clause, it's very confusing

" CIC requested : Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled."

Please advise

Thanks
Hi AJK_9 and all,

The request below is noteworthy:
''Personal immigration entry/exit record OR movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled''.

This statement asks for either ''Personal immigration entry/exit record'' which are the stampings of entry and exit of a country border OR
where available ''movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled''. Certainly any one will suffice.

Entry/exit stamping is available on one's passport and I believe copy of passport pages will suffice.

Others can share their experience.

Hope this helps!

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi RKS0101

Thanks a lot, from the sentence itself it looks vey confusing and complicated too, let's see, will send details as per mail

Have a nice time

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fasiddiqui said:
hi i hot the same letter can i simply send them my permenant job letter in canada and medical record??
Um. No.

If you want to send them something completely different from what they asked for, you need to first try to get what they requested. If it doesn't exist, you need to show that you tried.

Make an effort.
If the effort fails, demonstrate the effort and provide an alternative.

Don't just say "You ordered for a cucumber salad. Here's the hamburger I made instead."

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
Hi Guys

I received a similar notification from CIC asking for "Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled".I have travelled to India and US during my stay in Canada.I have applied to US using FOIA and i dont have any clue on how to get this info from India.I called indian embassy,but they said that they dont issue any such thing.Please advise if you know guys

MK2016

Mar 8, 2016
Hello there,
my mother hold Indian passport , applied for renewal (PR card Canada) , cic asked for same certificate , I dont know how to get it from India,
she traveled India couple of times, could you please advise how to get it as you have already dealt with same matter .

your reply and help would be very much appreciated. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

dreamerchant said:
Hello experts:

Need your kind advice.

So, please advice.

Thanks and regards.

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Mates:All those who got the request for movement certificate, please clarify:

Were you in Canada or out when you applied?
Did you apply as URGENT or STANDARD?
Have you been physically present in Canada for 5 years back from date of application or not?
Why you think CIC made such request?

tarun1384

Nov 22, 2016
HI
I also got a a letter from the CIC fro providing record of entry and exit Record from the countries traveled.Anyone can guide , from where to get this Record . I only travelled to India multiple times .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
tarun1384 said:
HI
I also got a a letter from the CIC fro providing record of entry and exit Record from the countries traveled.Anyone can guide , from where to get this Record . I only travelled to India multiple times .
Have you been to any other country other than India like USA etc?

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
i AM IN SIMILAR SITUATION. cAN ANYBODY LET ME KNOW HOW TO GET IT FROM
1-EU
2-India
3-Iraq
4-UAE
5-Qatar
6-Chad.
Any Reply wil be helpfull.