+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Card Renew issue

Naseh

Jul 24, 2011
In my case my card is still not expired but it is expiring in few days please help me what should I do now My case is being transferred to the local visa office for investigation and i need to travel urgently.Please help me i will be thankfull to you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nobody will stop you from leaving but you might have problems coming back. Other than that, see my previous reply.

Naseh

Jul 24, 2011
can you please help me what should i do because i have to travel urgently in aug and i no if i am out of canada cannot return and i also donot want to loose my PR

Please help me with this issue

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naseh, this is very simple. Either you travel in August and take your chances on being able to get back or you stay in Canada. It is your choice and nobody else can make that for you.

Naseh

Jul 24, 2011
i no i can leave canada but is there any way if i can know when exactly i am getting pr or any other way to come back to canada please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - there is no way of knowing exactly when you will be getting your PR card. And no - there is no way to guarantee that you will be able to return to Canada. As Leon has said, what you do is your choice and no one here can help with that decision.

zamsid

Apr 16, 2011
robfis said:
I have a question Zamsid:
When you returned to Canada in 2009, how did you enter the country: by car or air?
Did you use the US passport? Haven't they identify you as a (former) Canada PR?
Thanks,
Robert
I entered in canada by Bus, with US Passport. At the border, I said I am visiting my family. Actually I visited U.S. few times for long weekend. It was risky to travel. They never questioned me that where is my PR Card... But Last visit which December 2010, Canadian border asking me lot of questions, I decided that I should not travel until I have PR Card.

My question is, Can I legally travel to US. and returned to Canada with US Passport and without PR Card. Is there other document to prove the residency. I am working for almost 2 years as residence in canada.

Naseh

Jul 24, 2011
can you please help me when I am meeting my residency obligations.I came on
7th july,2006 and left on 9 sep 2006
entered canada on 7june,2008 left 18 sep 2009
entered 1 june 2010 left 20 nov,2010
entered 7june till present but have to travel on 26 aug can you tell me when i meet the requirements and when to travel is safe so that i can get the travel document

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Naseh said:
can you please help me when I am meeting my residency obligations.I came on
7th july,2006 and left on 9 sep 2006
entered canada on 7june,2008 left 18 sep 2009
entered 1 june 2010 left 20 nov,2010
entered 7june till present but have to travel on 26 aug can you tell me when i meet the requirements and when to travel is safe so that i can get the travel document
Use the CIC residency calculator for physical presence. Enter all the dates you mentioned and it will calculate the number of days in Canada.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

Naseh

Jul 24, 2011
I calculated and it almost missing of 40 days and i already applied for the renewal please help me with this .I really need your help.Please help me.Can you please tell me when my residency obligation will be good so that i can travel and in return to canada i m not questioned of the obligation.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calculating your presence, on Aug 26, you will have 738 days in Canada in the previous 5 years, that is from August 26 2006 until Aug 26 this year. As soon as you leave Canada, your days you stayed in August 2006 start moving outside this 5 year window. You can only leave for 8 days. If you apply for a travel document so that the embassy receives your application on Sept. 3rd, you would have exactly 730 days in Canada in the previous 5 years but if you don't get the travel document and go back to Canada the same day (Sept. 3rd), you have already failed to meet the requirements by the next day.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AllisonVSC said:
Use the CIC residency calculator for physical presence. Enter all the dates you mentioned and it will calculate the number of days in Canada.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do
Just a note: This calculator is for citizenship obligation and not for PR obligation. The two are calculated slightly differently. If you use the Citizenship calculator for PR you will short-change your self by a couple of days.

I dont think there is a calculator for PR unless you build one yourself (e.g. an excel spreadsheet).

Naseh

Jul 24, 2011
And once the residency obligation is clear then I can leave the country like by the end of oct would that be safe at that or not

robfis

Star Member
Jan 4, 2009
Zamsid, why did you think it was risky to travel? You are a US citizen and have a legal travel document.
Please respond to my email address, robfis@yahoo.com, if you want. This thread was taken over by people discussing other issues and it gets confusing.
Robert