+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency for convention refugee (Time and Process?)

roopani

Jun 14, 2017
Hi.Please anyone Reply.
I applied asylum in canada and got conventional refugees status after + hearing and applied PR myself my wife and my two dependent who were india and we both got pr in 20 months and they sent me letter that dependents children pr application will be processed from New Dehli .We applied pr in May 2018 and still our children in india. If someone can help me time frame or how long will take time to finalize my dependents application and we all live together in canada.I mean pr application of Conventional refugees application for Pr out side of canada.
Please reply
Thanks

roopani

Jun 14, 2017
It has it under name, "convention refugee and Protected Persons" applying for PR within Canada.

Permanent Resident Card is different.
I got PR under category of Protected person/Conventional refugees.
We got in 20 months after positive decisions
Now may be 24 months due to COVID-19
Please be patience you guys will get soon after medical

roopani

Jun 14, 2017
Hi.Please anyone Reply.
I applied asylum in canada and got conventional refugees status after + hearing and applied PR myself my wife and my two dependent who were india and we both got pr in 20 months and they sent me letter that dependents children pr application will be processed from New Dehli .We applied pr in May 2018 and still our children in india. If someone can help me time frame or how long will take time to finalize my dependents application and we all live together in canada.I mean PR application of Conventional refugees application Dependents living outside of canada.
What’s the processing time of PR of dependents living outside of canada.
Please any one reply who was in same situation.
Thanks

Dec 1, 2021
HI guys need your help
I applied for PR under protected person / convention Refugee and now cic ask for pcc/ good conduct certificate from the countries where I live more than 6 months.
The problem is that I have a unpaid loan in bahrain due to that they file a cheque bounce case on me and because of that I couldn't get my PCC.
Will it effect my application..? Will CIC refuse/ reject my PR because of that..?
Please need help.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
HI guys need your help
I applied for PR under protected person / convention Refugee and now cic ask for pcc/ good conduct certificate from the countries where I live more than 6 months.
The problem is that I have a unpaid loan in bahrain due to that they file a cheque bounce case on me and because of that I couldn't get my PCC.
Will it effect my application..? Will CIC refuse/ reject my PR because of that..?
Please need help.
One post in one thread will be enough. dont post in every thread, same situation. Thank you

roopani

Jun 14, 2017
One post in one thread will be enough. dont post in every thread, same situation. Thank you

as per your post,How come you got exit from county.As you said they filed a case against you.
And You got exit permit from that country that means that they will give you PCC if you apply online I believe so,Just apply and let see what they says pcc.

Dec 1, 2021

as per your post,How come you got exit from county.As you said they filed a case against you.
And You got exit permit from that country that means that they will give you PCC if you apply online I believe so,Just apply and let see what they says pcc.

They file pcc after I left the country

roopani

Jun 14, 2017
As i also had to submit my pcc one of country where I worked one year,So I applied online from canada and they issue me and than I submitted to ircc.But before I left country I applied pcc and they issued me PCC and no objection certificate from that country.If they given you the exit and than they file cases against you,I would suggest you to apply online pcc of baharan and inform IRCC that you applied online and can’t go baharan to get it.As i did and got pcc online from canada for me.
It’s my suggestion.

tydeninioluwa

Oct 2, 2021
It's really not fair for me to Speed Test wait another 2 years after this long wait. This process of wait, frustrations and the limitations that I've had has damaged my health.

Last edited:

R N

Feb 28, 2022
I am a Convention Refugee. I got my Positive hearing in 1997,i have positive pass from court ,still waiting for my PR ,i gave up to keep paying lawyers .any other advise ?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
I am a Convention Refugee. I got my Positive hearing in 1997,i have positive pass from court ,still waiting for my PR ,i gave up to keep paying lawyers .any other advise ?
are you serious since 1997 you don’t have pr?