Date of biometrics: 2023-12-08
Date of medical exam: 2023-12 -08
Application response:
Passport(s) request date:
Passport(s) received date

Reactions: LA2023

Sador90

Oct 13, 2023
Just curious if any one submitted on behalf of a Haitian citizen WITHOUT the official police background check completed from Haiti. The police check has been in process since prior to the opening of this pathway but still not done yet. It has been weeks. Our application is complete otherwise but we felt even with a Letter of Explanation it would be returned as incomplete as it’s one of the must have documents. I can’t see the government giving out AOR’s to all these applicants without completed background checks? They don’t have time to wait around for background checks to be competed and uploaded after submitting an application! What if they background check came back “bad” or never completed, then they have given an AOR and started processing an application that is in fact incomplete/ineligible? Thoughts??
I Hope Canada follow the rules like other permanent resident applications. Because according to the Canada immigration website a Haitian national applying for PR does need to provide a police certificate until they request for one. They will send a letter requesting one. That the rules for all pr applications under other programs. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/haiti.html

Sador90

Oct 13, 2023
Just curious if any one submitted on behalf of a Haitian citizen WITHOUT the official police background check completed from Haiti. The police check has been in process since prior to the opening of this pathway but still not done yet. It has been weeks. Our application is complete otherwise but we felt even with a Letter of Explanation it would be returned as incomplete as it’s one of the must have documents. I can’t see the government giving out AOR’s to all these applicants without completed background checks? They don’t have time to wait around for background checks to be competed and uploaded after submitting an application! What if they background check came back “bad” or never completed, then they have given an AOR and started processing an application that is in fact incomplete/ineligible? Thoughts??
Also when you get AOR it doesn’t mean you are Eligible or approved. It’s just mean that your application package is complete. Not all complete application will be approved. Canada always do their own background check as a result if someone has a bad record, you can always get denied

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
I Hope Canada follow the rules like other permanent resident applications. Because according to the Canada immigration website a Haitian national applying for PR does need to provide a police certificate until they request for one. They will send a letter requesting one. That the rules for all pr applications under other programs. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/haiti.html
Yes they are doing it. I sent a LOA for the police certificate and after AOR I got a additional documents request letter that included background check.

Reactions: Sador90

frange

May 25, 2018
Yes they are doing it. I sent a LOA for the police certificate and after AOR I got a additional documents request letter that included background check.
Are you from Haiti and what kind of documents they request?
Thank you.

Kesc

Nov 14, 2018
Colombia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
17-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Sent App: 2023/11/20
Date AOR received: 2023/11/29
Date of biometrics: 2023/12/01
Date of medical exam: 2023/12/01
Application response:
Passport(s) request date:
Passport(s) received date

LA2023

Dec 4, 2023
Bogota
Mine was returned today 9-12-2023
What needed attention/to be fixed : Proof of (anchor) status. (Just this document)
I uploaded the anchor's citizenship card here. So don't really know... What else is supposed to be uploaded to complement?

Kesc

Nov 14, 2018
Colombia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
17-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
My parents received a request for medical examinations, and despite the lack of clear instructions from IRCC, we proceeded to cover the associated costs. We contacted IRCC for guidance, and they directed us to an insurance agency responsible for refugee coverage. However, after discussing our situation with the agency, they informed us that it's not part of a refugee program and that IRCC needs to designate the applicants. We contacted IRCC again, and they instructed us to fill out a form. Unfortunately, the provided link requires supports refuge IRCC documents. Despite seeking clarification through multiple calls, the process remained unclear. In the absence of clear instructions, they advised us to cover the costs ourselves and subsequently file a claim for reimbursement, which we have done.

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
My parents received a request for medical examinations, and despite the lack of clear instructions from IRCC, we proceeded to cover the associated costs. We contacted IRCC for guidance, and they directed us to an insurance agency responsible for refugee coverage. However, after discussing our situation with the agency, they informed us that it's not part of a refugee program and that IRCC needs to designate the applicants. We contacted IRCC again, and they instructed us to fill out a form. Unfortunately, the provided link requires supports refuge IRCC documents. Despite seeking clarification through multiple calls, the process remained unclear. In the absence of clear instructions, they advised us to cover the costs ourselves and subsequently file a claim for reimbursement, which we have done.
What needed to be done was you guys wait for the interim insurance certificate which would be emailed to you, it takes some time but it will arrive.

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Mine was returned today 9-12-2023
What needed attention/to be fixed : Proof of (anchor) status. (Just this document)
I uploaded the anchor's citizenship card here. So don't really know... What else is supposed to be uploaded to complement?
Proof of status needs to be Canadian passport and to be sure also the provincial id together with it.

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Are you from Haiti and what kind of documents they request?
Thank you.
No, I am from Colombia but it should be the same process. They requested proof of my police background check and they give you 30 days to provide it from the time you receive the email request.

Smithmikeuwo

Nov 28, 2023
Need help. Received AOR only for my brother. His wife and son were included on the application but they are not included on AOR. The application was sent without Marriage certificate and without birth certificate of Son as supporting documents.
Should he send a new separate application including the supporting documents? Any other idea?

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Need help. Received AOR only for my brother. His wife and son were included on the application but they are not included on AOR. The application was sent without Marriage certificate and without birth certificate of Son as supporting documents.
Should he send a new separate application including the supporting documents? Any other idea?
That is why they don’t appear on the AOR no proof of them being related. There is no way to submit another application because the anchor is not related to them directly. You can try and contact an immigration lawyer to see your options, but most likely the AOR recipient will have to wait until he arrives to Canada and sponsor his family.