+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residence card

canada King

Jul 30, 2009
I just completed my landing formalities in Toronto for AINP.

The officer completed a PR card application wrote my name, wife and daughter and said that the PR card will be ready in 8 weeks maximum. You have to provide the address in 30 days.

Can I give the relatives address in Canada and get the PR card sent to USA after they recieve it.

canada king

maykap

Dec 5, 2008
So its possible then to almost return immediately after completing landing formalities, is their a minimum period you need to stay in Canada to ensure that they send across your permanent resident card to the canadian address?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - there isn't a minimum period. You can return immediately.

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
scylla said:
No - there isn't a minimum period. You can return immediately.
Dear Scylla,

Can you please let me know how many days it took for you to get the PR card after landing???

Navya

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
canada King said:
I just completed my landing formalities in Toronto for AINP.

The officer completed a PR card application wrote my name, wife and daughter and said that the PR card will be ready in 8 weeks maximum. You have to provide the address in 30 days.

Can I give the relatives address in Canada and get the PR card sent to USA after they recieve it.

canada king
Dear Canada King

I'm also in similar situation like yours. Can you please how you handled the situation??? I mean after finishing landing formalities did you come to USA or stayed back there until you got PR Card in your hands????

Please I really appreciate if could share your PR Card experience, it will really help me to take decisions respectively because I do not want to quit the present USA job until I get a new one in Canada but staying for PR Card (until I get it in my hands) in Canada will affect my present job so I'm planning give my friend's address who can get my PR Card.

Navaya