+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent "DECISION MADE" STATUS

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Hi Guys,

It's been a while, since I have posted something on here. I hope you all doing fine and the new year started smoothly for you all.

Anyway here is my concern about my application. A little info about my application.

all information from my ecas.

1. application received on March 11, 2014
2. application processed on March 12, 2014
3. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. (And this status has been for a while and I haven't been contacted either)

AOR received 02 June 2014
no medical exam requested yet

What do you all think I should do? Should I contact cic via email and ask them about the processing status or what is your input on this?

Since this is my second application, I don't want to wait till I almost lose my status here in Canada, receive answers and act accordingly.

Also I heard about the "Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)" program. Would I be able to apply for this program as well? I've been working and living here in Canada for over 4 years now. Is that something to consider and if so can you run two applications at the same time.

I know this is a different topic, but I hope someone could help me how to proceed from here on. I really would like to get my PR this year (like everyone else). This is one of my new years resolutions hehe..

Thank you all for your inputs. Wish you all luck as well :)

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
NO medical exam requested and Decision is been made :eek: , Sorry to say - that doesn't look good to me .
Rest did you checked your GCMS notes ? Did they sent out Medicals ?
Did you checked with authorized doctor if they can see your details in immig system ? Did you checked your email Spam folder ?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Gurindar said:
NO medical exam requested and Decision is been made :eek: , Sorry to say - that doesn't look good to me .
Rest did you checked your GCMS notes ? Did they sent out Medicals ?
Did you checked with authorized doctor if they can see your details in immig system ? Did you checked your email Spam folder ?
Totally agree.
It is not a good sign
Did your ordered GCMS note?

amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
SweetDreams said:
Hi Guys,

It's been a while, since I have posted something on here. I hope you all doing fine and the new year started smoothly for you all.

Anyway here is my concern about my application. A little info about my application.

all information from my ecas.

1. application received on March 11, 2014
2. application processed on March 12, 2014
3. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. (And this status has been for a while and I haven't been contacted either)

AOR received 02 June 2014
no medical exam requested yet

What do you all think I should do? Should I contact cic via email and ask them about the processing status or what is your input on this?

Since this is my second application, I don't want to wait till I almost lose my status here in Canada, receive answers and act accordingly.

Also I heard about the "Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)" program. Would I be able to apply for this program as well? I've been working and living here in Canada for over 4 years now. Is that something to consider and if so can you run two applications at the same time.

I know this is a different topic, but I hope someone could help me how to proceed from here on. I really would like to get my PR this year (like everyone else). This is one of my new years resolutions hehe..

Thank you all for your inputs. Wish you all luck as well :)
Not a good sign......as far as I know.
But order for GCMS notes and see what happened.
BTW, can we know what happened with the first application? Why was it refused?

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
amarecharla said:
Not a good sign......as far as I know.
But order for GCMS notes and see what happened.
BTW, can we know what happened with the first application? Why was it refused?
First application didn't go through because I didn't meet the required english marks. Everything else was fine. So I ordered my GCMS notes. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks for everything

kooltest22

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could it also be a glitch in the ECAS system?
Are you using your Client ID to check ECAS? Did you try using the application number?

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Hi Guys,

So after a few weeks I wrote CIC an email, I received this email:

"Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that your application is currently being processed.

No action or document is needed from you at this present time and while we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion.

Our office will get in contact with you regarding the next steps in your file, in due time.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre- Ottawa | Centre de Traitement des Demande – Ottawa - HF9908

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

Mailing Address: 219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest

7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1, Canada

Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059

E-mail I Courriel : CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Site : www.cic.gc.ca

Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in “@cic.gc.ca” or “@international.gc.ca” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your e-mail program and check the junk mail folder in case important e-mails get filtered.

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case."

I am pretty sure most of you have gotten this email before.

Roughly 4 weeks later, I received this email on the 13th of February 2015

"Dear xxxxx:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Employment Letter: An official, dated document from your current employer printed on company letterhead stating how long you have worked for them in Canada, from start date to end date (if applicable). The letter must list and contain a detailed description of all of your actual positions in Canada including your responsibilities and the duties you actually performed in all of these positions (not a list copied from a third party source), it must detail how many hours per week you worked on average, the physical location(s) of your work, and the name and contact information of the human resources professional or direct supervisor in Canada providing the letter, including their telephone number.

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. When attaching your document(s), please ensure that they are smaller than 5MB and that each document is attached individually.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Case Processing Centre - Ottawa | Centre de traitement des demandes - Ottawa –DC6197

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest

7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

E-mail I Courriel : CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Site : www.cic.gc.ca"

1. Now here is my dilemma. They want an Employment letter of my current employer, but as of 13th February 2015 my work has ended with my current company (the same day I received this email from CIC). I can still provide them an "Employment letter" of all the details of when and what I was doing there in my profession but would that still be valid and considered.

2. Are there any advice regarding the Employment letter?

3. I do have a new Job offer (in my profession NOC A), which I can attach a Job offer letter as well. Would that be any help?

Any inputs from you is very appreciated.

Thank you guys a lot :)

SweetDreams

urzaaa

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
For what I understand the reference letter you sent with your application doesn't satisfy the visa officer, so he is asking for a new one. I understand that he is asking for a reference letter which proves that you have been working in Canada for the year needed to apply to CEC. So you need a letter from your past employer. But just in case send another one from the new employer.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Now here is my dilemma. They want an Employment letter of my current employer, but as of 13th February 2015 my work has ended with my current company (the same day I received this email from CIC). I can still provide them an "Employment letter" of all the details of when and what I was doing there in my profession but would that still be valid and considered.
You need the official employment letter issued by your supervisor/manager with company's letterhead. The content is as described in the email from CIC. For sample letter, you can follow this one: http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/refletter-template.html

Follow the advice above...

3. I do have a new Job offer (in my profession NOC A), which I can attach a Job offer letter as well. Would that be any help?
CIC's mostly concerned about your qualifying experience as declared in your application. Prioritizing in other factors might make it worse for yourself. If you can focus on what CIC asked for: consistent, effective, and concise employment letter, CIC can move forward in the next step.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
retwant said:
You need the official employment letter issued by your supervisor/manager with company's letterhead. The content is as described in the email from CIC. For sample letter, you can follow this one: http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/refletter-template.html

Follow the advice above...

CIC's mostly concerned about your qualifying experience as declared in your application. Prioritizing in other factors might make it worse for yourself. If you can focus on what CIC asked for: consistent, effective, and concise employment letter, CIC can move forward in the next step.
Hi retwant,

Thanks for you help. Now I have another question for you, which I was hoping you could help me with. When I applied back in march 2014 for CEC I applied under NOC 2141 (A) but have also attached my work contract (job which I JUST started at that time) with NOC 2232 (B) and gained another 1 year of work experience during processing time. Now VO is asking for employment letter of NOC 2232 which is already a little confusing to me.

1. Does VO accept more work experience of different NOC SKILLS A and B in my case?

2. And if so, do they also consider valid work experience gained during processing time?

Thank you very much for your help retwant. I know I am a little difficult to deal with, but I am just like everyone else very worried and nervous.

SweetDreams :)

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SweetDreams said:
Hi retwant,

Thanks for you help. Now I have another question for you, which I was hoping you could help me with. When I applied back in march 2014 for CEC I applied under NOC 2141 (A) but have also attached my work contract (job which I JUST started at that time) with NOC 2232 (B) and gained another 1 year of work experience during processing time. Now VO is asking for employment letter of NOC 2232 which is already a little confusing to me.

1. Does VO accept more work experience of different NOC SKILLS A and B in my case?

2. And if so, do they also consider valid work experience gained during processing time?

Thank you very much for your help retwant. I know I am a little difficult to deal with, but I am just like everyone else very worried and nervous.

Most of fellow applicants I know, including myself went panic mode during their application processing period. So I know how it feels, and I am glad to help!

I need to know more what qualifying experience, duration, & NOC you listed under your CEC application. Can you please provide more details?

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
retwant said:
Most of fellow applicants I know, including myself went panic mode during their application processing period. So I know how it feels, and I am glad to help!

I need to know more what qualifying experience, duration, & NOC you listed under your CEC application. Can you please provide more details?
Hi retwant,

Thanks for understanding :)
Ok so, originally as mentioned in the other thread (sorry for reposting) I held 3 positions at the time of applying.

1. 2,5 years NOC A 2141
2. 2 months NOC A 2133
3. 3 months NOC B 2232 then applied march 2014 (but kept the work till 13. February 2015)

Does work experience of NOC 2232 gained during processing time count as well? GCMS notes should be here this week.

Thanks for your help retwant.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
SweetDreams said:
Does work experience of NOC 2232 gained during processing time count as well? GCMS notes should be here this week.
No - it doesn't count. Only your experience up until the time you applied.