+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Validity

akhilesh2209

Mar 3, 2016
Hi Guys,

I currently have a score of 452. I used to work in UAE and have now relocated back to India. I was told that it would take 2-3 months to get the UAE PCC which would exceed the 60 window period we get to submit documents once the ITA is received. I therefore applied for the PCC and got it immediately. This happened 3 months ago and my UAE PCC mentions a validity of 3 months. This means it has expired.

If I get an ITA, do I have to reapply for a PCC of this should suffice. The CIC website clearly mentions: for the country where you are currently residing (India in my case), the PCC should be issued not more than 6 months before the date of your application; and for the country you have previously lived (UAE in my case), the PCC should have been issued after you have lived in that county (the validity is not mentioned here likely because the criminal record cannot change if you have not visited that country again). In my case, the UAE PCC was issued after I permanently moved out of UAE. Given the circumstances, can anyone please advise whether I would need to reapply for the UAE PCC if I get an ITA?

Please don’t be extra cautious and advise to reapply if it’s not necessary. It took me USD 400 (I know I could've got a better deal) for the PCC and I would like to avoid spending the same amount again if it is indeed not necessary. At the same time, I also don't what this to be a reason for my application to get rejected. Need to be absolutely sure on this.

Many thanks in advance folks!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akhilesh2209 said:
Hi Guys,

I currently have a score of 452. I used to work in UAE and have now relocated back to India. I was told that it would take 2-3 months to get the UAE PCC which would exceed the 60 window period we get to submit documents once the ITA is received. I therefore applied for the PCC and got it immediately. This happened 3 months ago and my UAE PCC mentions a validity of 3 months. This means it has expired.

If I get an ITA, do I have to reapply for a PCC of this should suffice. The CIC website clearly mentions: for the country where you are currently residing (India in my case), the PCC should be issued not more than 6 months before the date of your application; and for the country you have previously lived (UAE in my case), the PCC should have been issued after you have lived in that county (the validity is not mentioned here likely because the criminal record cannot change if you have not visited that country again). In my case, the UAE PCC was issued after I permanently moved out of UAE. Given the circumstances, can anyone please advise whether I would need to reapply for the UAE PCC if I get an ITA?

Please don’t be extra cautious and advise to reapply if it’s not necessary. It took me USD 400 (I know I could've got a better deal) for the PCC and I would like to avoid spending the same amount again if it is indeed not necessary. At the same time, I also don't what this to be a reason for my application to get rejected. Need to be absolutely sure on this.

Many thanks in advance folks!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

akhilesh2209

Mar 3, 2016
Thanks jairichi - I read that in the cic site as well. My only contention is that Y axis, my consultant (which has charged a lot and therefore supposed to be an expert) has very confidently told me on email that I will have to go for a new PCC as my earlier PCC from the country I've left has expired, hence the confusion. I asked them to reconfirm with their seniors and they came back with the same answer on record. I guess I should stop taking them seriously. I'll go with what you say.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akhilesh2209 said:
Thanks jairichi - I read that in the cic site as well. My only contention is that Y axis, my consultant (which has charged a lot and therefore supposed to be an expert) has very confidently told me on email that I will have to go for a new PCC as my earlier PCC from the country I've left has expired, hence the confusion. I asked them to reconfirm with their seniors and they came back with the same answer on record. I guess I should stop taking them seriously. I'll go with what you say.
Look at other posts in EE and Skilled Worker section. This will confirm everything for you.