+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Georgia / State Police Clearance for Georgia.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Has anyone got state PCC from Georgia?

C

cchabert

Yup Me :) I went to the Kennesaw Police Station and I do both Fingerprints for FBI and the PCC from the State, this one takes one day and cost $41.00 I recommend to go to the police stations near Atlanta, first I went to Acworth and they don't know anything.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Oh that is cool as you live there. I dont live in GA any more so I have to use the postal service to obtain them.

I had called them and they said they do not accept the finger print card that is printed off the internet. It has to be the one from sheriff's office. So I went ahead to the local sheriff's office and they had the finger prints taken on the cards they have.

Also GA was very helpful and offered to post me those finger prints cards if my state sheriff office did not have them.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Elle.Bee

Did you get GA PCC?. How many weeks did it take?. How did you apply for GA PCC from other states? Even i have to apply for GA PCC from chicago so could you please provide me the procedure?

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
vsrao said:
Elle.Bee

Did you get GA PCC?. How many weeks did it take?. How did you apply for GA PCC from other states? Even i have to apply for GA PCC from chicago so could you please provide me the procedure?
Hi,

One thing you must consider is calling the State Police Department before applying for PCC. And I am glad I did that with GA. Police Department in GA does not accept the FBI fingerprinting card which can be downloaded from the FBI website. The reason given to me is that they cannot use them in their FP reading machine. I was told that I will need to go to local Sheriff Office to obtain them. But keep in mind not always the Sheriff Office is willing to give them out. In that case you can request GA Police to post them to you. I got them in 3 days. I have not yet applied for State PPC as I will wait for the nomination to come or they might get invalid.

For more information on PCC for GA, please call Marina at 404-270-8402 or email Marina.Fox@gbi.ga.gov

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Thanks for the information Provided
Ell.Bee said:
vsrao said:
Elle.Bee

Hi,

One thing you must consider is calling the State Police Department before applying for PCC. And I am glad I did that with GA. Police Department in GA does not accept the FBI fingerprinting card which can be downloaded from the FBI website. The reason given to me is that they cannot use them in their FP reading machine. I was told that I will need to go to local Sheriff Office to obtain them. But keep in mind not always the Sheriff Office is willing to give them out. In that case you can request GA Police to post them to you. I got them in 3 days. I have not yet applied for State PPC as I will wait for the nomination to come or they might get invalid.

For more information on PCC for GA, please call Marina at 404-270-8402 or email Marina.Fox@gbi.ga.gov

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

Hi,
can you please tell me how long it took to get the Georgia PCC? Thanks.

C

cchabert

Hey WalkingFunny how are you? How the medicals went? the Dr. is nice? If you are in Georgia you can go to any police station I went to the one on Kennesaw, I notice the closer to dowtown they know the better what to do, I went fisrt to the one in Acworth and they don't know anything.

Good Luck!

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
cchabert said:
Hey WalkingFunny how are you? How the medicals went? the Dr. is nice? If you are in Georgia you can go to any police station I went to the one on Kennesaw, I notice the closer to dowtown they know the better what to do, I went fisrt to the one in Acworth and they don't know anything.

Good Luck!
Hi CC,
I'm doing well, thanks for asking, hope you're well too. The medicals went well, the result have been sent and I confirmed that they were received in Ottawa on the Monday, 11th of May. Yes, the elderly doc. is very nice.

I got a letter from the Canadian embassy in NY requesting for proof that I had done the medical (a receipt or something), and the Georgia PCC. The GA PCC was not a requirement when I was applying so I didn't submit one. Anyway, I have sent in an application for that and I am told it will take 14 business days. I'll mail that in immediately I get it since the letter sent from the embassy said that they must hear from me within 60 days of the date (05/04) of the letter.
Did you receive the response for you GA PCC yet?, if so, how long did it take from the time of mailing in you finger print cards.

The following is some correspondence between me and the GA PCC office, it may help you or anybody else applying for it.
================
(1)
Question: I need to submit an application for myself and my wife, do we need to submit the fingerprint forms in separate envelopes or can we submit them in the same one?
Response: The same envelope is fine.

(2)
Question: Even though I am a resident of Georgia, I am currently on travel in Madison Wisconsin, will you be able to use the finger print form that I obtain locally here in my local Police station for my clearance or do I have to use a form obtained only in a Georgia Police station?
Response: The fingerprint cards can be obtained from any state as long as they are the standard FD-258 cards.

(3)
Question: Do we need to submit a letter stating our reason for requesting the clearance or will the reason stated on the fingerprint form be enough?
Response: The reason can be written on the fingerprint cards.

(4)
Question: Can you please confirm that we need to submit two (2) finger print forms each.
Response: Two cards per applicant is required.

(5)
Question: Can you please confirm that it costs $7.50 for each persons application.
Response: The cost for EACH applicant is 15.00

(6)
Question: Do we need to include a self-addressed and stamped return envelope?
Response: It is not necessary to provide a return envelope, just be sure to provide the address where we are to mail the certificates.

(7)
Question: What is the typical turn-around time for obtaining the clearance?
Response: 14 Business days.
================

C

cchabert

When I went to do my FBI I also do the State PCC at the same time so they took me on the spot 2 fingerprints one for the computer and the other one to mail to FBI, the state report was ready the next day and the FBI came back at the 13 day. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
cchabert said:
When I went to do my FBI I also do the State PCC at the same time so they took me on the spot 2 fingerprints one for the computer and the other one to mail to FBI, the state report was ready the next day and the FBI came back at the 13 day. Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Hi CC,
do you mean you were able to get the state PCC the next day after you did your fingerprints? Where did you do it? Is there an electronic option for submitting this. Didn't you have to send the fingerprint cards to the state GBI office by mail the same way you had to send them to WV for the FBI clearance? I'm a little confused. The lady at the GBI office in charge of the state PCC says it will take 14 business days.

C

cchabert

WalkingFunny said:
cchabert said:

Cheers!
Hi CC,
do you mean you were able to get the state PCC the next day after you did your fingerprints? Where did you do it? Is there an electronic option for submitting this. Didn't you have to send the fingerprint cards to the state GBI office by mail the same way you had to send them to WV for the FBI clearance? I'm a little confused. The lady at the GBI office in charge of the state PCC says it will take 14 business days.
Yes I do mean, I just walk to the city hall in Kennesaw and ask for my state PCC and fingerprints for FBI, I fill forms paid my dues and go to the police station in the basement to take my fingerprints, one in computer the other one to paper I took the paper ones with me to mail to FBi and the next day I just pick up my state PCC.

:)

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
cchabert said:
WalkingFunny said:
cchabert said:

Cheers!
Hi CC,
Yes I do mean, I just walk to the city hall in Kennesaw and ask for my state PCC and fingerprints for FBI, I fill forms paid my dues and go to the police station in the basement to take my fingerprints, one in computer the other one to paper I took the paper ones with me to mail to FBi and the next day I just pick up my state PCC.

:)
Hi CC,
could you please give me some more details on this:
- location/address and other contacts (phone email etc.) of the police station in Kennesaw
- what does it cost
- did you get a fingerprint card that you then sent/will send as part of your application?
- can you confirm that this is the same as what would be issued by the GBI office in Decatur

I'll really like to use this option, but I want to be sure about it before I travel down from Madison where I am currently working.

The letter I got from the Canadian embassy specifically asked to contact the GBI office in Decatur, I wonder why this electronic version is not better publicized if the results are equivalent.

C

cchabert

This is the address of the Police Station:

City of Kennesaw Police Department
2539 J.O. Stephenson Avenue
Kennesaw, GA 30144

And the form that I fiil said:

Georgia Bureau of Investigation
Georgia Crime Information Center
Consent for Criminal History

It cost $15 per person

As I told you I was fingerprint on a special computer and on paper, the one on the computer connects to the GBI database and generate the PCC, this is then signed and said "no record" and this report was attached with the form I fill at the beginning and notarized, so my GA PCC is 2 pages.

The fingerprints on paper I take them and mail to VA FBI.

Maybe because you live in Madison they send you to Decatur, but I can't confirm how they look and CIC haven't complain yet, to soon to know if they are good or not.

If you want send me a private with your email and I can scan them so you can see them. :)