+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa - September 2016

tensi

Sep 9, 2016
Congrats to all who received their passport. Those who didn't yet, trust me you will and don't lose your hair over the delay. You can't do much about it, so there is no point in worrying about something you have no control over (Lesson I learnt over and over in my life).

Now, piece of advice to those who are planning to land by crossing the border and back.

Do not drive to the US border without a Visa hoping that they will easily allow you to make a u-turn to go back to the Canadian border so you can officially land.

If you do attempt without a visa, what they will do is flag your profile as "rejected entry into the US" without any further context to it. How this will impact you is:

1. Whenever you apply for a US visa in future, you will have to put a check mark on "Yes" to the following question in the application: Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry? You can't even give a clarification anywhere on the application.

2. If you are somehow successful is getting a Visa, every single time you cross the border, you will need to explain why you were denied an entry into US in the past. They will get you to park your car and go inside the office. The wait times along with this process is just so much freakin inconvenient.

Off course all of this will go away once you get your Canadian passport, but still.....

Hope this helps and gives you a perspective.

Cheers and all the best

PSIL

Jul 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 1st, 2016
Doc's Request.
Add'nl docs August 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 1st, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed March 13
Passport Req..
September 6
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
September 17
M.Mostafa said:
Wow! that was fast, congrats
THanks!

I know, eh? I was not expecting it for another 10 days based on the feedback in the forums!

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
PSIL said:
THanks!

I know, eh? I was not expecting it for another 10 days based on the feedback in the forums!
Did you also need a visa or just COPR? People who don't need visas can get their COPR back sooner.

sabretooth1986

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/3/2016
Doc's Request.
9/3/2016
AOR Received.
10/3/2016
Med's Done....
12/3/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
VISA ISSUED...
24/09/2106
I know this is slightly off topic, but...

Do we require a UK transit visa for a layover in London on the way from India to Canada?

Does the requirement change if the layover is more than 6 hours

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
sabretooth1986 said:

Do we require a UK transit visa for a layover in London on the way from India to Canada?

Only when you need to go out of the Airport.. Otherwise it is fine..

tensi

Sep 9, 2016
sabretooth1986 said:

here's a cut and paste directly from the UK gov website. I cant post the link here..... See the underlined text

You’ll need a visa to pass through the UK in transit (unless you’re exempt)
You should apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa if you arrive in the UK on a flight and leave again without passing through immigration control.

Exemptions
You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002
a uniform format category D visa for entry into a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
an Irish biometric visa (marked ‘BC’ or ‘BC BIVS’ in the ‘Remarks’ section)
a Schengen Approved Destination Scheme (ADS) group tourism visa where the holder is travelling to to the Schengen country that issued the visa
a flight ticket from the Schengen area, if you can prove that you entered the Schengen area in the previous 30 days on the basis of a valid Schengen ADS visa
a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)
All visas and residence permits must be valid.

So to answer your question directly, you DO NOT need a transit visa.

Dec 21, 2015
Passport delivered to Ottawa today. How much is the current turnaround time. I need to validate my COPR before sept 30 to apply for student loan.

tensi

Sep 9, 2016
darthvader2015 said:
Passport delivered to Ottawa today. How much is the current turnaround time. I need to validate my COPR before sept 30 to apply for student loan.
10 business days

jegadhish90

Sep 13, 2016
@all,

A quick question to you, I received my PPR request e-mail (FSW-inland) on September 8th and I have sent in my passport on Sep 12th, it has reached Ottawa office on Sep 14th(by tracking via Canada post).

As of today (Sep 16th), while logging onto my CIC account, there is no update mentioning the Passport request received on September 8th nor my passport reaching the Ottawa office. Is this normal? Is there way to track the updates on my profile.

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
jegadhish90 said:
@all,

A quick question to you, I received my PPR request e-mail (FSW-inland) on September 8th and I have sent in my passport on Sep 12th, it has reached Ottawa office on Sep 14th(by tracking via Canada post).

As of today (Sep 16th), while logging onto my CIC account, there is no update mentioning the Passport request received on September 8th nor my passport reaching the Ottawa office. Is this normal? Is there way to track the updates on my profile.
That is normal. Sometimes you get update saying your application is closed and approved in some cases you don't. Just track your CP tracking number and self addressed envelop should be activated by next week. They are sending passports back in 10 business days (current trend*)...

All the best!

niushad

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Yess! I just logged in to CIC and my application is approved and closed!

FSW Inland
CIC Received my Documents on Friday, September 9th

Canada Post Tracking is not activated yet, but I really really hope to get back my passport Monday or Tuesday. Wish me luck guys :)

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Everybody will get their Passports back with an Immigrant Visa on it..

Good Luck :)

PSIL

Jul 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 1st, 2016
Doc's Request.
Add'nl docs August 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 1st, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed March 13
Passport Req..
September 6
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
September 17
vnexpress said:
Did you also need a visa or just COPR? People who don't need visas can get their COPR back sooner.
Did not need visa :)

It does make sense. One less thing for the officers to worry about.