+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- June 2017

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Why are you so judgmental? Let us all be a little crazy and anxious, please!

Unless you are a doctor or a psychologist. In this case, advise us!
Little crazy/anxious, fine, but unless you urgently need your passport back in the next couple of days because otherwise you get deported or something equivalently critical, there's no point in getting so insanely worried to the point where you can't do your work.

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Dear Friends,

I am in a wired situation and want some insight from you guys:

-I received PPR email on 15th June but on 19th June, I received a MYCIC message. I checked the massage and there was a "request" letter which seems like a PPR but not exactly same as email. Does anyone else have both email and MYCIC massage like this?

-As I was going through the letter I found out there are few differences in instruction compared to PPR email I received earlier. Few notable differences are:

1) PPR email asked me to submit APPENDIX-B (just some info about me and dependents,asking how I want my passport back) whereas MYCIC letter asked me to submit ANNEX-A (need to give a consent and current mailing address). Now what should I do? which document I should provide?

2) The address for sending passport is also different in the PPR email and MYCIC letter.

In PPR:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

In MYCIC letter:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Also there are difference in how to fillup the return envelop. Once again which ADDRESS we should use? which instruction we should follow?

lagbaja02

Mar 28, 2017
Thank You for being rude. If you can't contribute anything important please mind your own business. ( Not being rude just trying to give you taste of your own medicine)
I think he was just trying to say you should try and get your mind off it as your application will be approved soon. The wait cant be as bad as when we all just submitted.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Dear Friends,

-I received PPR email on 15th June but on 19th June, I received a MYCIC message. I checked the massage and there was a "request" letter which seems like a PPR but not exactly same as email. Does anyone else have both email and MYCIC massage like this?

-As I was going through the letter I found out there are few differences in instruction compared to PPR email I received earlier. Few notable differences are:

1) PPR email asked me to submit APPENDIX-B (just some info about me and dependents,asking how I want my passport back) whereas MYCIC letter asked me to submit ANNEX-A (need to give a consent and current mailing address). Now what should I do? which document I should provide?

2) The address for sending passport is also different in the PPR email and MYCIC letter.

In PPR:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

In MYCIC letter:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Also there are difference in how to fillup the return envelop. Once again which ADDRESS we should use? which instruction we should follow?
Are you currently in Canada?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hello Mthornt,

Try calling the customer service, because sometimes the site doesn't show all the details, I did that with the UPS label when I was shipping out. Also many times the trackers are updated online by these shipping companies only late in the evening after 5.30 pm or so because that is usually the pick up time, this all is what the UPS customer service told me.
Thanks, I'm going to just sit tight, I'm sure it will be here sooner or later, and I'm not really in a hurry. My application says approved, so once I got the approval I was able to relax. Btw, everyone worrying about rejection at this point only need to worry if you committed fraud. Other than that, you're good to go!

Reactions: rnimk

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
My wife is in CANADA and she is going submit passport to CPC ottawa. (still waiting for VO cnage confirmation). I am going to submit to Singapore.
Perhaps this is the reason. In our PPR email, the address was the PO box on your MyCIC letter and the Annex A.

We are in Canada.

I don't know if the directions for those that are here are the same for those that are somewhere else...

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Thanks, I'm going to just sit tight, I'm sure it will be here sooner or later, and I'm not really in a hurry. My application says approved, so once I got the approval I was able to relax. Btw, everyone worrying about rejection at this point only need to worry if you committed fraud. Other than that, you're good to go!
They've already asked for your passport, what fraud are they going to reveal?

happy123_2017

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
I agree. I have the same plan :) I am hoping to land on Thursday late evening. If it doesn't come back till Thursday morning, then I have no choice but to land in July.
It's so hard to plan around such uncertainty. P.S It's still not activated.
Where are you located at?
I'm at Toronto - which is relatively close to Ottawa. And you're in the States?

Gwalia

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Chicago
Category........
Dear Friends,

In PPR:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

In MYCIC letter:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Where do you reside?

There are different instructions depending on your current address.

If you are in the US then passport, annex a and photographs goes to NON po box address.

I would suggest to call or email cic and get clear instructions before sending your passport.

rnimk

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
The date the status changed. The emails they send are usually late...
Cool, Thanks :) I am just trying to get some statistics, I think its usually two full business days after the approval to get the tracker activated. My application was approved on 15th, so if my tracker gets activated tonight, its one more point in the 2 day column :)

rnimk

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Good luck to you :) Keep us posted..

Reactions: Mthornt

rnimk

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Dear Friends,

In PPR:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

In MYCIC letter:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

You may want to contact them, because if you are in Singapore, I remember seeing somewhere else on the forums that people were sending their PPs to Singapore VO or processing center.

I am in US and I have the Laurier Avenue address in the CPC email. I never received a message on CIC profile so can't comment on that. If your wife is in Canada then probably she will have to send it to the PO box. However once again I would advise you to contact CIC and confirm or generate a Case Specific Inquiry.

Reactions: Gwalia