+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA in June 2016

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Han said:
I received my passport along with the CoPR this afternoon. Thank God Canada Post didn't loose it.
All the best,
I havn't managed to get out of work yet. Does it give instructions and what documents are required for landing in the package?

pillow

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-03-2016
Nomination.....
30-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
24-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
Hi, I just wanna share this with you guys.

I landed on Jun 19, now waiting for PR card. The problem is I need to apply for visa to travel to Europe, which requires a copy of PR card as a proof that I'll be able to return to Canada. Without this proof, I cannot apply for Schengen visa. So I'll have to hang in there and hope to get the PR card in time for me to apply for visa, which requires a minimum of 2-3 weeks to process.

This post might sounds like it fits better under other topic, but the take home message is if you are a citizen of country that requires visa to enter Canada and other countries and will need to travel within a few months after you land, you may have to factor in the time to apply for visa to travel to whatever country you plan to visit.

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-10-2015
Nomination.....
OINP-7-16-2015-Declined it
Helios24 said:
Hey Everyone,

Needed advice on if I should try contacting CIC, here's my timeline.

CPC PP Request - June 3rd
PP Delivered - June 7th
CPC Sent Email for Missing Photo Request - June 9th (I sent 2 passport photos with my passport but I suppose they were denied for not meeting Canadian specifications, I sent an email regarding this for more info on June 9th, but never received a response).
Photos by Canadian sepcifications Delivered : June 14th
CoPR - Waiting

Any advice on how I should proceed as my passport has been with CIC since June 7th and I haven't really heard anything from them besides the missing photo request, nothing since.
Hi,

Am in the same boat as you and we have similar timelines. Got the request for a new passport photos and still waiting to this day. Fingers crossed.

EMNG5

Feb 25, 2014
8023ber said:
hey Han

did you noticed your status changed after you receiving the email or you just randomly logged in and found out?

Mine changed yesterday as well but tracking# is not active :-[
Hey ber, has your tracker activated yet? Mine also got approved on 28th and still the tracker is not activated. Anyone on the same page?

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
411 said:
Hi,

Am in the same boat as you and we have similar timelines. Got the request for a new passport photos and still waiting to this day. Fingers crossed.
Hey 411,

I guess at this point there isn't much we can do, the only worrying part is that our passports are with them since the start of June and there has been no update since.

I sent CPC another email asking them for an update, although apart from their 20 day response time, I think currently some departments may be closed due to July 1st being the national day.

Upon checking today, my Express Entry profile/application says closed and that the application has been approved. Didn't receive any email stating an update has been made and the tracker hasn't activated as well. So I'm not sure what's going on.

Hope we get that CoPR soon *Fingers Crossed.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Update...

AOR: 15 Nov 2015
PPR: 30 May 2016
PP sent: 15 June 2016
PP delivered: 17 June 2016
Application approved and closed: 30 June 2016

But return tracker not activated yet. Guess it'll have to wait until after the strike.

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Got the email a bit later that an update was made to my account, so here's the updated timeline:

CPC PP Request - June 3rd
PP Delivered - June 7th
CPC Sent Email for Missing Photo Request - June 9th (I sent 2 passport photos with my passport but I suppose they were denied for not meeting Canadian specifications, I sent an email regarding this for more info on June 9th, but never received a response).
Photos by Canadian sepcifications Delivered - June 14th
Application Approved & Closed - June 30th
CoPR - Waiting for tracker to be activated

My return carrier isn't Canada Post, so I doubt that the strikes effect me. But the national day holidays may cause further delays.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
8023ber said:
hey Han

did you noticed your status changed after you receiving the email or you just randomly logged in and found out?

Mine changed yesterday as well but tracking# is not active :-[
The status on MyCIC changed before I received the passport and CoPR.

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Another update:

CPC responded to my email saying the passport was sent back today and to allow at least 2 days for tracker to be activated.

The problem is they said this was doing via Canada Post and XpressPost. Whereas I'm located outside Canada, and I had set the return through Fedex, it's a Fedex return label placed in my package so I'm not sure why they said Canada Post. The tracking # they highlighted though was the same Fedex tracking #.

I'm hoping this was just a standard response and not what they actually did.

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-10-2015
Nomination.....
OINP-7-16-2015-Declined it
Helios24 said:
Hey 411,

I guess at this point there isn't much we can do, the only worrying part is that our passports are with them since the start of June and there has been no update since.

I sent CPC another email asking them for an update, although apart from their 20 day response time, I think currently some departments may be closed due to July 1st being the national day.

Upon checking today, my Express Entry profile/application says closed and that the application has been approved. Didn't receive any email stating an update has been made and the tracker hasn't activated as well. So I'm not sure what's going on.

Hope we get that CoPR soon *Fingers Crossed.
Hi helios,

My app was closed today as well but the tracker hasnt been activated yet. Now we have to deal with the Canada post strike. What a journey!

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
411 said:
Hi helios,

My app was closed today as well but the tracker hasnt been activated yet. Now we have to deal with the Canada post strike. What a journey!
Hey 411,

I set up my return with Fedex as I'm located outside Canada but they said they returned it via Canada Post with the Fedex tracking #. I'm really confused as to what's going on lol. Hope yours comes in soon though.

8023ber

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
EMNG5 said:
Hey ber, has your tracker activated yet? Mine also got approved on 28th and still the tracker is not activated. Anyone on the same page?
hey EMNG5

No mine is still not active

:-(

I will keep you updated

Has your active yet so far?

hicanada01

May 16, 2016
Hello all..

Is it required to show address proof at the time of landing for inlanders??
Can you explain what and all they ask us at the time of landing?

EMNG5

Feb 25, 2014
8023ber said:
hey EMNG5

No mine is still not active

:-(

I will keep you updated

Has your active yet so far?
Mine is also not activated yet.. Its seriously annoying.

8023ber

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
EMNG5 said:
Mine is also not activated yet.. Its seriously annoying.
I know.

I called them yesterday, they were telling me my passport has been put into the mail for sending.

but my tracking # is still not active.

I thought it might because Canada Post is striking and also due to the delay of the holiday.

Let wait till next Monday.

But it is really annoying.