Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
vnexpress said:
did you get your mycic updated?
Yes, But only states that application has been approved and closed.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
gurpreet.gumber said:
Yes, But only states that application has been approved and closed.
Could you please tell me when did you start seeing that status?

We have the same received date but to date mine doesn't show Approved.

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
vnexpress said:
Could you please tell me when did you start seeing that status?

We have the same received date but to date mine doesn't show Approved.
When did you send your passport? I just checked it today..

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
vnexpress said:
Sent Aug 30 received Aug 31. Status shows Open - In Progress.
How's about your dates? :-\
Oh.. Don't worry .. I sent on 28th although it was Saturday but still earlier than you.. Don't worry brother. I have heard some of the cases who got their passports back even without changing the status in MyCIC. I mean BG was still in Progress even after receiving the passports back with PR Visa.

Just take a deep breath and sit tight.. You will get it :)

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
gurpreet.gumber said:
Oh.. Don't worry .. I sent on 28th although it was Saturday but still earlier than you.. Don't worry brother. I have heard some of the cases who got their passports back even without changing the status in MyCIC. I mean BG was still in Progress even after receiving the passports back with PR Visa.

I know I've been annoying lol. But. did you send on 28th or they received on 28th. One day feel like one century for me now. :eek: :eek:

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
vnexpress said:
I know I've been annoying lol. But. did they send on 28th or they received on 28th. One day feel like one century for me now. :eek: :eek:
It showed next day but God Knows. Some other people even called them and call center responded a passport received date after a week from the tracker date :p .. I know its a pain waiting for our passports back and this wait time is more harder than receiving PPR..

Thanks,

vik20

Aug 17, 2016
vnexpress said:
Could you share the date the visa was issued? Just want to see if there is correlation between the "approved" date and the "visa printed" date. Thanks, and congratssss!

So I guess you tracker never got activated?
Visa was printed on the 24th and i forgot to take my return tracking number so couldn't tell if it's activated or not.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
gurpreet.gumber said:

Thanks bro. Well if your pp was received August 29 (Monday) mine was August 31 (Wednesday) and you got tracker activated yesterday, but not sure of the Approved date, and mine till now is not showing Approved and there seems to be a time gap between Approved status and tracker activation date, then, logically in terms of timing I should be worried.

tensi

Sep 9, 2016
I got mine back too. They received my PP on August 24th and I got my PP back on the 12th of September.

Also, I was concerned earlier if half sized return envelope would be sufficient for them to send my passport back along with CoPR. So just confirming, it was not an issue.

Thanks to all and good luck.

tensi

Sep 9, 2016
pujan3103 said:
I spoke to the call centre again as they weren't replying to my cse. The lady told me it might take 1-3 months for passport to come back. I don't know how do I get a proper response from cic. They are not even replying to cse.
Just sit tight i suggest, you will get it back eventually. We all have waited for so long already to get to this point. I am almost certain that it will not take up to 3 months for you to get it back. Good luck!

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
tensi said:
Just sit tight i suggest, you will get it back eventually. We all have waited for so long already to get to this point. I am almost certain that it will not take up to 3 months for you to get it back. Good luck!
Did you see status updated on mycic to Approved before you receive your passport?

Congratss!!

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Finally did my Landing today :) Officially a Permanent Resident of Canada now :D

On my COPR, my date of original entry into Canada was written wrong, but the immigration officer said its no big deal and I can amend my record later if I want to.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their passports. You are almost there :)

Ashot

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Ottawa
subtain said:
Finally did my Landing today :) Officially a Permanent Resident of Canada now :D

On my COPR, my date of original entry into Canada was written wrong, but the immigration officer said its no big deal and I can amend my record later if I want to.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their passports. You are almost there :)
Congrats buddy!!!
Could you please send some details about landing process? Was it a long process or fast and what documents we should have on hands during the landing?
Thank you,