+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports Sent to Ottawa in February -2015

Panucci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Thanks a lot guys, I think ill send everything on monday again just in case. Then, I'll call them as well to try to confirm if they got sth the first time.

Panucci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
So I was talking last night to a friend from my country of origin. She got the PR a few months ago and she told me that when she sent her photocopy of passport and 2 pictures it took her as well around a month to get the COPR when there was also some people who got it in around 10 days. The conclusion that we agreed yesterday is that cic might reply before people who had to sent the passport and then people who sent the photocopy.

So, if this is true, I might be safe and I should be getting the COPR soon!!! Hopefully....!!!

Could you guys, please, tell me if all of you that got already your COPR had to sent the passport or the photocopy to confirm my theory??

Thanks a lot for your answers as usual!!! :D

VSSP000

Aug 27, 2014
Panucci said:
So I was talking last night to a friend from my country of origin. She got the PR a few months ago and she told me that when she sent her photocopy of passport and 2 pictures it took her as well around a month to get the COPR when there was also some people who got it in around 10 days. The conclusion that we agreed yesterday is that cic might reply before people who had to sent the passport and then people who sent the photocopy.

So, if this is true, I might be safe and I should be getting the COPR soon!!! Hopefully....!!!

Could you guys, please, tell me if all of you that got already your COPR had to sent the passport or the photocopy to confirm my theory??

Thanks a lot for your answers as usual!!! :D
I sent the passport and received the COPR in 3 weeks approximately. I did call the CIC after week 2 to know the status.
You can call them and ask if they have received your documents. If they have received it would be updated in their database and the call center guy will check and let you know. The call center guy would ask you your UCI number and tell you the present status of your application.

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
There is one thing i forgot to mention about when we got our COPR - As it turns out, someone screwed up. They received our passport on the 19th, there is a COPR for Feb 23rd in there, then another one for march 3rd - it appears that whoever was taking care of it accidentally processed it twice or forgot we had a second passport they needed to do, which is why ours seems to have taken forever. If you're still waiting - maybe that is why... hope not though!

bala1

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Nomination.....
25-12-2013
AOR Received.
18-02-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
18-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Thank god done
LANDED..........
God is great done
VSSP000 said:
I sent the passport and received the COPR in 3 weeks approximately. I did call the CIC after week 2 to know the status.
You can call them and ask if they have received your documents. If they have received it would be updated in their database and the call center guy will check and let you know. The call center guy would ask you your UCI number and tell you the present status of your application.
Hi if u don't mind can you tell how you got the above information how u know it
Thanks

Jdd55555

Mar 12, 2015
Just curious with this whole process. Once approved, does everyone have to send in copies of their passport to the CIC before getting COPR, or will some people get the COPR without having to send in passport?

If any one can shed some light on this, that would be great.

vwewa

Jan 13, 2015
Jdd55555 said:
Just curious with this whole process. Once approved, does everyone have to send in copies of their passport to the CIC before getting COPR, or will some people get the COPR without having to send in passport?

If any one can shed some light on this, that would be great.
Two of my friends got COPR directly without sending copy of their passports ( visa exempt country) to CIC.
I'm from the same country and had to send copy of passport with bio data and photos.

Jdd55555

Mar 12, 2015
vwewa said:
Two of my friends got COPR directly without sending copy of their passports ( visa exempt country) to CIC.
I'm from the same country and had to send copy of passport with bio data and photos.
That's weird. Did you not send photos with your original application maybe? Did you get your COPR yet and if so how long did it take after sending in your passport copies?

Just like everything I have encountered with immigration, it seems that different answers/ situations seem to occur all the time.

Panucci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
So finally my tracking number has been activated!!!!! Been waiting since March 19th so guys be patient, this is coming to an end for all of us!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Panucci said:
So finally my tracking number has been activated!!!!! Been waiting since March 19th so guys be patient, this is coming to an end for all of us!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!
Great, Congratulations. I know it was a long wait for you.

vwewa

Jan 13, 2015
Jdd55555 said:
That's weird. Did you not send photos with your original application maybe? Did you get your COPR yet and if so how long did it take after sending in your passport copies?

Just like everything I have encountered with immigration, it seems that different answers/ situations seem to occur all the time.
I did send photos with my original application,
I'm still waiting for CORP.
Copies of passports, bio data and photos where send to Ottawa 4th March.

pinoybrat

Oct 31, 2013
vwewa said:
I did send photos with my original application,
I'm still waiting for CORP.
Copies of passports, bio data and photos where send to Ottawa 4th March.
Copies of passport? U mean the original passport?

Mehul-06022014

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2014