+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports Sent to Ottawa in February -2015

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
Me. The process is pretty much the same. Instead of refusal papers (they can't deny you entry), they will admit you to the US and you can just turn back (the lady was nice and said I could go through the door to the US and then just turn back to return to Canada or go have a bite to eat in the states. I just checked out the falls from the US side then walked back to Canada. On the Canadian side, the lady was very confused and almost sent me back because I had no refusal papers from the US (she later apologized after checking with her superiors, apparently she had nver seen someone land without refusal papers. She didn't believe me at first but oh well it was too glorious a day for me to even care).
So my experience is that there's virtually no difference except the option to actually go to the states for as long/little a your heart desires (you can literally just turn back) but it's all straight forward. The whole thing took approx 45 minutes at Rainbow bridge (it wasn't a busy day at all). Good luck and enjoy YOUR moment! :D
navi77 said:
IS ANYONE HERE WITH AMERICAN VISA HAS EXPERIENCE OF LANDING ..I HAVE AMERICAN VISA TOO IDK WHAT MY OPTIONS R..

VSSP000

Aug 27, 2014
Guys I am living In Canada as a WP holder and going out for a month long vacation and plan to land on my trip back. I got the passport from CIC with one time landing visa stamped last week.
Apart from the previous work permits/passports what else documents are required for the landing?
I have read in the forum we need to declare the assets outside canada? Do we also need a proof for those assets?

Thanks

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Ok we completed flag polling yesterday at Coutts AB crossing. Total time took us 2 hours at the border, half hour with US border patrol to write up her refusal letter and then half hour in the line up to get into the border... and the rest of the time in immigration on the Canadian side.
Some things to note:

We were asked for ALL of my gf's work permits, expired or not - from the very beginning of when she first got here (we did bring them). This is not a requirement but they will ask for it so they may destroy them.

You MUST have your current work permit - they won't deny you but you will be waiting a REALLY long time- there was a guy there that had a current WP but he did not have it with him, he waited 3 hours while they verified it...

And lastly, me being Canadian and driving my girlfriend to cross the border, I had to be with her the entire time and hand my passport with hers. My gf accidentally gave my passport to them, but when I asked for it they said that they did require it and would hand it back to me after - so if you are crossing with your significant other and you are a PR or citizen, you must go up to the immigration officer together.

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
pinoybrat said:
so if im going to take an exit i should go straight right. but if im not going outside canada i should turn left (north portal exit) is that the right sign? pls. help coz im not familiar with the place. thanks
Hey there, you are too worried. Don't be. You can't enter US accidentally even if you try. Worst to worst, they will ask you to turn back from a place where you shouldn't be. I went with my friend and neither one of us had ever been to North Portal or had US Visa. Try this. Open Google Maps, check our the "Google Earth" view and that will give you a very good idea. You can just park your car at the Duty Free shop and walk from there (the duty free shop will be on your left while coming from Estevan). Once again, try google earth view (not map) and you will know where to park. Let me know if you have any questions.

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Sundip said:
Hey there, you are too worried. Don't be. You can't enter US accidentally even if you try. Worst to worst, they will ask you to turn back from a place where you shouldn't be. I went with my friend and neither one of us had ever been to North Portal or had US Visa. Try this. Open Google Maps, check our the "Google Earth" view and that will give you a very good idea. You can just park your car at the Duty Free shop and walk from there (the duty free shop will be on your left while coming from Estevan). Once again, try google earth view (not map) and you will know where to park. Let me know if you have any questions.

FYI when we went the US border guard had us follow in his car to return so we did not have any accidental entries into the US

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
Tigurius said:
FYI when we went the US border guard had us follow in his car to return so we did not have any accidental entries into the US
Either way, it is United States and it is not possible to enter US just like that. It's a country border after all and a very peaceful one at that.

Panucci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
inamulhaq said:
Hi,
Any one's tracker got updated today?
No... is there any more ppl who sent the papers in Feb still waiting to hear back from CIC?? I´m seriously starting to get very worried about this....

My papers were sent Feb 18th.

pinoybrat

Oct 31, 2013
Panucci said:
No... is there any more ppl who sent the papers in Feb still waiting to hear back from CIC?? I´m seriously starting to get very worried about this....

My papers were sent Feb 18th.
did you track it when they received your passport?

inamulhaq

May 10, 2012
@Panucci
So sad. I will suggest that you give CIC call again on Monday. I am sure they must have opened your package by now. I remember few members on this site called CIC and CIC acknowledged the receiving of their passport.

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
inamulhaq said:
Hi,
Any one's tracker got updated today?
I have been watching the forum for Passport return closely, The last time CIC sent out passports was on Wednesday( Mostly passports submitted 23rd to 26th Feb).

Panucci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
So this is my situation... My lawyer says she sent my photocopy of passport and 2 pictures to cic on the 18th and it reached cic on the 19th. Since then, I haven't heard anything from cic so yesterday I insisted to my lawyer that I wanted the tracking number of the shipment of my passport. Now she's telling me she can't find it but she's sure she sent the papers with other people's passports.

So now... It appears to be that I have no way to track my papers and I don't know if I have to believe that they are at cic and it's a matter of time, or there really was a problem with that shipment and we should send it back to cic, or call them (although the people at the call centre can't know if my package was received or not..), or I don't know what to do.

I'm meeting my lawyer on monday to see what we can do and if there's any chance to track that package with FedEx... On top of all this, yesterday it had been 30 days since I got the passport request, so I do t know if I'll have problems if my papers never reached cic...

I really can't believe this is happening to me after all this months and months of wait.

Any suggestions guys?? You see, now you have nothing to worry, there's always someone in a worse situation than yours!!! :p

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Panucci said:
So this is my situation... My lawyer says she sent my photocopy of passport and 2 pictures to cic on the 18th and it reached cic on the 19th. Since then, I haven't heard anything from cic so yesterday I insisted to my lawyer that I wanted the tracking number of the shipment of my passport. Now she's telling me she can't find it but she's sure she sent the papers with other people's passports.

So now... It appears to be that I have no way to track my papers and I don't know if I have to believe that they are at cic and it's a matter of time, or there really was a problem with that shipment and we should send it back to cic, or call them (although the people at the call centre can't know if my package was received or not..), or I don't know what to do.

I'm meeting my lawyer on monday to see what we can do and if there's any chance to track that package with FedEx... On top of all this, yesterday it had been 30 days since I got the passport request, so I do t know if I'll have problems if my papers never reached cic...

I really can't believe this is happening to me after all this months and months of wait.

Any suggestions guys?? You see, now you have nothing to worry, there's always someone in a worse situation than yours!!! :p

I know this is very hard for you, but please dont worry and just send the docs again on Monday, I thing CIC doesnt strongly enforce the 30 day rule.
If you send your passports add your info here to track passport return
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NDL0ZE75uwvO3_m-yucJb7LbblOyCmzE2jDaxc1SObQ/edit?pli=1#gid=6

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
You have every right to call the CIC and ask for confirmation that they received your passport copy... I'd also tell the lawyer to give a discount with their ineptness

Panucci said: