+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Validity

Kimzo

Nov 4, 2019
I'd like to travel to Canada from 1/12/19 to 7/12/19. I have a valid multiple entry VISA that expires on the 20/01/2020. My passport expires on 21/01/2020.

I know in some countries you can't travel with a passport less than 6 months to expiry even if you have a valid VISA.

Is it the same for Canada? Is there a minimum passport validity requirement or am i okay to travel ?

Thanks

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I'd like to travel to Canada from 1/12/19 to 7/12/19. I have a valid multiple entry VISA that expires on the 20/01/2020. My passport expires on 21/01/2020.

I know in some countries you can't travel with a passport less than 6 months to expiry even if you have a valid VISA.

Is it the same for Canada? Is there a minimum passport validity requirement or am i okay to travel ?

Thanks
I think Canada has 3 month limit, sorry I don't have the link handy though. Please research online.

Also note that more than country, it is sometimes the nondescript airline staff at check-in counter who have a hard time understanding this. Call them up in advance to gain faith in your plans

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I think Canada has 3 month limit, sorry I don't have the link handy though. Please research online.

Also note that more than country, it is sometimes the nondescript airline staff at check-in counter who have a hard time understanding this. Call them up in advance to gain faith in your plans
We discuss this issue many times on this forum, there is no passport validity rule aside from the passport being valid through your intended travel dates. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-validity-less-than-6-months-at-time-of-entry.542671/

hasleen kaur

Apr 29, 2019
My Copr has expired, i am awaiting extension from IRCC. However, my passport is expiring in Feb 2021. We plan to travel around end of November or december first week as these are the timelines we have applied to IRCC for. Now with my passport expiring in 3 months, will I have issues travelling to Canada. Also, would i face any issues with airlines or transiting country?