Passport Submission at Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys, did you guys have to submit a confirmed travel itinerary when submitting the passport? We recently got the PPR and one of the items is asking for this

Reactions: blackvine

blackvine

May 31, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
05-07-2017
Passport Req..
18-08-2017
Hi guys, did you guys have to submit a confirmed travel itinerary when submitting the passport? We recently got the PPR and one of the items is asking for this
Yup, me too. Got PPR on 18th Aug and it says that that I need to provide an ''Confirmed travel itinerary/ticket''.
This seems new and very inconvenient. Is there any way to bypass this illogical requirement to book tickets before getting your passport stamped ???

Any new insight from other members would be very helpful.

hazim84

Aug 14, 2017
Hello all
I have received my letter to submit the passport to the VFS (I live in Dubai so its easy), however
I cannot submit in 30 days and need to extend it, I emailed london office and even AbuDhabi immigration office and no response (the SLA is 28 Days and thats too late!). has anyone got an extension? how much did they get and how did you get it ?
for those who are interested, london immigration replied after 3 days with extension, you just need to mark the email urgent and maybe mention in the title urgent so they reply quickly

UmAli

Jul 25, 2016
Has anyone recently sent to Abu Dhabi from Kuwait. I submitted my passports on 18 July and still waiting. I now need them but not sure if i should contract Abu Dhabi or the London office. The letter did mention London but London for sure will need to contact Abu Dhbai so perhaps quicker to contact AD directly..
Did you get your passport.?

kamalnba

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Hello Guys,

I have submitted my passport on 14th August to VFS Dubai and it was sent to Abu dhabhi visa office on 15th. Status is same since last message. I have a joining in another company on 18th August and they are looking for my passport on 10th August. I am not sure what is the timeline to get passport back from ADVO, VFS has general answer as 1 month. Please suggest what to do in this situation? Should i email to ADVO ot there is a possibility to get it back before 10th with PR stamped.

Please help.

fatmahmy

Sep 25, 2017
I sent my passport by courier to the visa section in Abu Dhabi, it was received on 10th September. Since then no updates were made in my application status, anyone knows how long it should take to get my passport back?
I tried to call the visa section and unfortunately they don't receive phone calls, I submitted an enquiry and informed them that I need my passport asap to travel in early October but I received no reply. I need my passport to travel on 9th October and I have no idea how to contact them and its mentioned that they will reply to enquiries within 15 business days. Any idea how to contact them for its urgent?

Last edited:

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
People in UAE please advise
My spouse has to submit his passport to Abudhabi and he lives in Ajman so what is the safest way to get his passports delivered and where?

Also what are the photos specifications for visa? They require 2 but any specifics?

fatmahmy

Sep 25, 2017
Hello Guys,

I have submitted my passport on 14th August to VFS Dubai and it was sent to Abu dhabhi visa office on 15th. Status is same since last message. I have a joining in another company on 18th August and they are looking for my passport on 10th August. I am not sure what is the timeline to get passport back from ADVO, VFS has general answer as 1 month. Please suggest what to do in this situation? Should i email to ADVO ot there is a possibility to get it back before 10th with PR stamped.

Please help.
Its 23 days now since I submitted my passport to Abu dhabi visa office, I have a work trip on 10 October and the office doesn't reply to phones nor emails. Any idea what to do? please.

Reactions: kamalnba

fatmahmy

Sep 25, 2017
sometimes you will get your passport before showing decision made ..when u submitted your passport?
Its been 24 days now since the Abudhabi VO has received my passport, they don't reply to any calls nor emails. I need my passport to travel, any idea what to do?

Etch87

Oct 3, 2017
I sent my passport by courier to the visa section in Abu Dhabi, it was received on 10th September. Since then no updates were made in my application status, anyone knows how long it should take to get my passport back?
I tried to call the visa section and unfortunately they don't receive phone calls, I submitted an enquiry and informed them that I need my passport asap to travel in early October but I received no reply. I need my passport to travel on 9th October and I have no idea how to contact them and its mentioned that they will reply to enquiries within 15 business days. Any idea how to contact them for its urgent?
Any new feedback regarding the passport ? I have the same issue

fatmahmy

Sep 25, 2017
Any new feedback regarding the passport ? I have the same issue
No reply, its 25 days now since I submitted my passport. The weird thing that it took only 20 days from the day I did the payment and submitted all the documents online to the day they requested my passport. Now its taking more than 25 days to get the visa stamp! unbelievable!

Have you sent your passports directly to the VO or through VFS?

It seems like they don't know when our passports will be done and that's why they don't reply with definite dates/timeline. The whole thing is really ambiguous :-(

Reactions: rebello

rebello

Jun 23, 2017
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
03-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-06-2017
Med's Done....
03-07-2017
No reply, its 25 days now since I submitted my passport. The weird thing that it took only 20 days from the day I did the payment and submitted all the documents online to the day they requested my passport. Now its taking more than 25 days to get the visa stamp! unbelievable!

Have you sent your passports directly to the VO or through VFS?

It seems like they don't know when our passports will be done and that's why they don't reply with definite dates/timeline. The whole thing is really ambiguous :-(
I submitted on the 7th and only reached the embassy on the 10th.
Apart from the usual 15-30 days comment VFS said it could take over a month as well so they have no idea about the latest developments of our passports since they being processed at the embassy.

fatmahmy

Sep 25, 2017
I submitted on the 7th and only reached the embassy on the 10th.
Apart from the usual 15-30 days comment VFS said it could take over a month as well so they have no idea about the latest developments of our passports since they being processed at the embassy.
Happy to know that I am not alone, but sadly now I have to cancel a work trip I have been waiting for months. Seems like they want to know how far we ready to sacrifice to get our visas :-(

Please update me if you received any info, thanks!

Reactions: rebello

rebello

Jun 23, 2017
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
03-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-06-2017
Med's Done....
03-07-2017
Happy to know that I am not alone, but sadly now I have to cancel a work trip I have been waiting for months. Seems like they want to know how far we ready to sacrifice to get our visas :-(

Please update me if you received any info, thanks!
When did you submit your passport to Abu Dhabi VFS?
Will keep you posted on any developments.