+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Submission at Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi

CAN-R

Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I got an information that some of the passports that were sent by Aramex in May were sent back to the Canadian Embassy in the Tornado Tower in Doha.

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Thank goodness, I finally picked up my passport from VFS Doha on Sunday June 4. All in all (transit time + processing in Abu Dhabi) it took 35 days.
Also, in my case, the cic portal was updated on Wednesday May 31 and showed that my application was approved even before having the VFS tracker showing that my passport was dispatched from Abu Dhabi to Doha, so keep checking your CIC account. Good luck to all!
Congrats :)
How long did it take for the VFS to return your passport ? and did it returned back to you before the 5th June "embargo" or after ? dod you know when your passport arrived to Qatar?

Vika_Grineva

Jan 28, 2016
Hi Everyone, could you just help me figure out what exactly have to be submitted as it is not clear on their website? We need to give them passport + photocopy of the passport + 2 photos and send it via Aramex to VFS abu dhabi? It also says about the bank draft to pay - is that correct and what should be the amount? it is very urgent as I want to submit it by today and not clear how it works. Thank you

TheCaptain

May 30, 2017
Congrats :)
How long did it take for the VFS to return your passport ? and did it returned back to you before the 5th June "embargo" or after ? dod you know when your passport arrived to Qatar?
Yes I got the passport back just before the embargo. Basically, VFS Qatar got it on the 3rd of June and it was ready for me to pick up the next day.

TheCaptain

May 30, 2017
Hi Everyone, could you just help me figure out what exactly have to be submitted as it is not clear on their website? We need to give them passport + photocopy of the passport + 2 photos and send it via Aramex to VFS abu dhabi? It also says about the bank draft to pay - is that correct and what should be the amount? it is very urgent as I want to submit it by today and not clear how it works. Thank you
Just follow what's written on the PPR letter you have received. I suggest you go to the VFS office where you are and have them package your documents and send them to Abu Dhabi, that's what I did from Qatar. VFS Doha charges are higher than Aramex but it's easier and more reliable esp that VFS has a contact with AD visa office in case follow-up is required in certain cases.

Mocanada17

Aug 12, 2017
Has anyone recently sent to Abu Dhabi from Kuwait. I submitted my passports on 18 July and still waiting. I now need them but not sure if i should contract Abu Dhabi or the London office. The letter did mention London but London for sure will need to contact Abu Dhbai so perhaps quicker to contact AD directly..

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Has anyone recently sent to Abu Dhabi from Kuwait. I submitted my passports on 18 July and still waiting. I now need them but not sure if i should contract Abu Dhabi or the London office. The letter did mention London but London for sure will need to contact Abu Dhbai so perhaps quicker to contact AD directly..
Did you send your passports to london or to abudhabi???where were you asked to send your passports in your ppr mail?

hazim84

Aug 14, 2017
Hello all
I have received my letter to submit the passport to the VFS (I live in Dubai so its easy), however
I cannot submit in 30 days and need to extend it, I emailed london office and even AbuDhabi immigration office and no response (the SLA is 28 Days and thats too late!). has anyone got an extension? how much did they get and how did you get it ?