+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport stamped but not landed. Plan to marry. Please advice IMP IMP

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Hi,
I have been using this forum for a while now and this forum has really helped me in processing my case. I am really thankful to all of you as without your suggesstions and help, it would have been really hard for me. However, I am in a small dilema again and need the best suggestion(s) from all of you.

Here is the deal. I am currently in USA on a work visa (H1). I applied for PR under federal skilled class in May 2007. In Feb 2008, I received letter to get my medical done and last month, I received a request to submit my passport for stamping. I did that and the last date to land in Canada is in the first week of Feb 2009. So far things are smooth without any issues. Now the complicated part,
as of now I am Single and in the approval letter it states that if you plan to get marry before landing , I need to inform them so that they will advice me appropriately. Some very serios personal issues have come up and if those are not resolved before my landing, things can be very different. I would like to know my options if there are any. The person I want to spend rest of my life is in US, so it wont be an issue. If there is an option to marry now and then apply for her along with my case as my dependent, what's the time frame. Do I need to get my medical done again?

Can any experts using this forum can help me whats the right thing to do? I will very much grateful if anyone can shed some light on this issue. Thanks for your help in advance.

Bluff Master

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to marry now, you need to tell immigration asap to add your spouse to the application. It definitely might delay things. Other option is, land in Canada first, then get married and then sponsor your wife for PR to join you.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Warning! if u try to change ur status after they've stamped ur visa, you will start the process all over again.
your file is deemed closed after the visa is issued, my advise go and land now then get married later then sponsor ur wife...be careful you may not be on the list to be released in fall! Do not get married before you land!

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I thought the same that the case is closed. Another question. If I land now and get my PR card, when can I sponsor her?

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Thanks,

One last question. I am working in NYC and the girl i am getting amrried to is also here. Once I get my PR, can i come back to NYC and continue to my work, get married and sponsor, or i have to be in canada in order to sponsor. I eventually wan tto move to canada once i find a job.