+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request help (spouse not in Canada)

katyyy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/01/2015
AOR Received.
16/01/2015
Med's Done....
23/12/2014
My application also has 1 dependent,( my spouse ) but she is not in canada and she is not being able to send her passport through courier internationally.

will there be any option of getting her visa stamped from the Canadian visa office of her country of residence.?

and would that delay my visa issuance too?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katyyy said:
My application also has 1 dependent,( my spouse ) but she is not in canada and she is not being able to send her passport through courier internationally.

will there be any option of getting her visa stamped from the Canadian visa office of her country of residence.?

and would that delay my visa issuance too?
Your visa office is in Canada, NO other visa office can stamp her passport.

katyyy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/01/2015
AOR Received.
16/01/2015
Med's Done....
23/12/2014
explorer101 said:
Your visa office is in Canada, NO other visa office can stamp her passport.
Hi Thanks for your reply! But the mail says if any of the family membere rside outside North America ,they can print visa in some other office ,pls read the last line .Does anyone have been through this situation and can help ?

STEP 2: PASSPORT(S) REQUEST

We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport.

If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
katyyy said:
Hi Thanks for your reply! But the mail says if any of the family membere rside outside North America ,they can print visa in some other office ,pls read the last line .Does anyone have been through this situation and can help ?

STEP 2: PASSPORT(S) REQUEST

We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport.

If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.
Well you have answered your own question. Please send the email.

Regards,

HannaSRS

Mar 11, 2014
Hi Katyyy, so what is going on with your spouse case? Did you email to cic with request to print visa at another office?

I am currently at the same situation (i am a spouse), we emailed to cic and no reply yet...thinking to take risk to send passport to Canada with DHL..

Will be very grateful for your reply!

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
HannaSRS said:
Hi Katyyy, so what is going on with your spouse case? Did you email to cic with request to print visa at another office?

I am currently at the same situation (i am a spouse), we emailed to cic and no reply yet...thinking to take risk to send passport to Canada with DHL..

Will be very grateful for your reply!
HI , I am also in the same boat.. I replied back requesting a visa office in India but haven't heard anything from cic .. Can you help me please ... My lawyer says we could get my spouse's passport over to canada ... I am confused ... Please reply me ASAP !!!!
Or Should I send my passport over to cic along with a print out of my email requesting a visa office for my spouse . After how long did you received a reply from cic