+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request for Super visa while visiting Canada

Divyasraj

Jul 3, 2017
An update:
After the Supervisa was stamped at the New York office and returned to us, we crossed the border to the USA on the weekend and returned the same day. No issues at the borders....although the USA officials found the process hilarious. They could not understand the reason for mom to exit Canada to use the Supervisa. And frankly....neither can I.
Do they need US visa to do that? Please let me know.

aspyog

Nov 7, 2023
@celinegv my mother got her passport request while she is here in Canada with me. For package transmission fee, I took my friend’s help to get bank draft from CIBC as well. Since the draft contains my friend’s name, I included my mother’s name in the memo, so addressed to section has two lines

first line is VFS Services (USA) Inc.
Second line is RE: <Name of the applicant>
Will this be an issue?

aspyog

Nov 7, 2023
@celinegv my mother got her passport request while she is here in Canada with me. For package transmission fee, I took my friend’s help to get bank draft from CIBC as well. Since the draft contains my friend’s name, I included my mother’s name in the memo, so addressed to section has two lines

first line is VFS Services (USA) Inc.
Second line is RE: <Name of the applicant>
Will this be an issue?
nvm, spoke to vfs folks and understood that better to remove the second line in draft

Reactions: Divyasraj

Creov8

Nov 29, 2023
Hi All,

my MIL has a valid visit visa and we’ve applied for her supervisa on Sept 22,2023. There’s no updates on her application and current processing time for her country of residence is about 148 days. My question is, can she come to Canada on her visit visa and wait here for her approval letter? What happens if IRCC sends the passport request. Where do I send it to ? Do I need to notify IRCC when she enters Canada as a visitor ? She’s very lonely and desperate to see her children and grandkids and we want her to come here asap. If anyone has successfully gone through this process, kindly share your experience.

Divyasraj

Jul 3, 2017
Hi All,

my MIL has a valid visit visa and we’ve applied for her supervisa on Sept 22,2023. There’s no updates on her application and current processing time for her country of residence is about 148 days. My question is, can she come to Canada on her visit visa and wait here for her approval letter? What happens if IRCC sends the passport request. Where do I send it to ? Do I need to notify IRCC when she enters Canada as a visitor ? She’s very lonely and desperate to see her children and grandkids and we want her to come here asap. If anyone has successfully gone through this process, kindly share your experience.

Hi,

We had similar situation, had to call my parents on their valid visa, meanwhile their supervisa application is still showing under process due my dads work experince in police force/ military and Indian govt, its taking way too long for clearnce.

Currently they are living with us here in Canada, and we raised a webform informing IRCC that they are currently here in Canada.

Have not heard anything positive yet, still hoping to get a passport request.

Thanks
Divya

asinyeti

Nov 8, 2019
An update:
After the Supervisa was stamped at the New York office and returned to us, we crossed the border to the USA on the weekend and returned the same day. No issues at the borders....although the USA officials found the process hilarious. They could not understand the reason for mom to exit Canada to use the Supervisa. And frankly....neither can I.
Did she have a valid US visa?

asinyeti

Nov 8, 2019
Hi All,

She can visit using the visit visa while she waits for her supervisa to get approved while she's in canada. If it gets approved, she can mail it to the US VAC office in NY or LA to get the supervisa stamped. What I don't know is, if she will need to leave Canada or not after 6months even tho her super visa is approved and stamped. I'm in the same situation for my mom. She is currently in canada on her visit visa and then she got approved for supervisa. We sent her passport to NY VAC and she got the visa stamped. But now, I don't know if she needs to leave Canada when it's six month.

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
She can visit using the visit visa while she waits for her supervisa to get approved while she's in canada. If it gets approved, she can mail it to the US VAC office in NY or LA to get the supervisa stamped. What I don't know is, if she will need to leave Canada or not after 6months even tho her super visa is approved and stamped. I'm in the same situation for my mom. She is currently in canada on her visit visa and then she got approved for supervisa. We sent her passport to NY VAC and she got the visa stamped. But now, I don't know if she needs to leave Canada when it's six month.
Hi, Did you send the passport through UPS or FedEx?

venk1980

Aug 22, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
03-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
04-Feb-2015
Interview........
Waivedoff
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
Landed on 18-July-2015
Hello All,

I recently sent my mom's passport for Super Visa stamping to Los Angeles from Calgary, Canada. I followed the below steps.
1. An explanation letter to the embassy about my mom's situation.
2. Took a money order of $21.70 USD from CIBC in the name of VFS Services (USA) Inc.
3. I used the UPS courier service to send my mom's passport.
4. you need two envelopes: the first one to send passport to VFS and second one to be used by VFS office to send back the passport (Canada UPS will not offer 2-way service)
5. In the first envelope, I Kept the Passport, Money order, Explanation letter, Passport request letter and Second envelope, This envelope should be attached with return label (VFS will use this envelope to send back passport)

Sent on: December 5, 2023
Received on: December 12, 2023 (with Super Visa stamp)

The next step is to cross the Canadian border and activate the super visa

Thank you!

Reactions: Divyasraj

Divyasraj

Jul 3, 2017
Hello All,

I recently sent my mom's passport for Super Visa stamping to Los Angeles from Calgary, Canada. I followed the below steps.
1. An explanation letter to the embassy about my mom's situation.
2. Took a money order of $21.70 USD from CIBC in the name of VFS Services (USA) Inc.
3. I used the UPS courier service to send my mom's passport.
4. you need two envelopes: the first one to send passport to VFS and second one to be used by VFS office to send back the passport (Canada UPS will not offer 2-way service)
5. In the first envelope, I Kept the Passport, Money order, Explanation letter, Passport request letter and Second envelope, This envelope should be attached with return label (VFS will use this envelope to send back passport)

Sent on: December 5, 2023
Received on: December 12, 2023 (with Super Visa stamp)

The next step is to cross the Canadian border and activate the super visa

Thank you!
Hi,
Very useful and clear explanation. than k you so much.

Can you also let me know to cross the Canadian border and activate the super visa, does we need a USA visit visa? Please update, i am in a same boat, and waiting for my parents approval, meanwhile they are here in Canada with me and family.

Thanks
Divya

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Very useful and clear explanation. than k you so much.

Can you also let me know to cross the Canadian border and activate the super visa, does we need a USA visit visa? Please update, i am in a same boat, and waiting for my parents approval, meanwhile they are here in Canada with me and family.

Thanks
Divya
Yes you would need a US visa. There is also a risk of being denied entry into Canada if there are concerns that she is spending too much time in Canada, that she is attempting to move to Canada not just visit, etc. which is why it would be best to apply to extend her visit online on her current TRV and on her next visit use her supervisa to enter.

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi all, thank you so much for your feedback. I sent it to Ottawa with a note explaining the situation, and today we got the passport with stamping ..
Hi there

Could you please help with my query regarding supervisa stamping inside Canada

I have to questions
1. Does it really get stamped from inside Canada if parents are already in Canada on visitor visa by giving an explanation letter ?
2. If yes, then can they stay for extended duration on the basis of supervisa ? Because entry happened on visitor visa so is it okay to just keep staying without applying for extension of visitor visa stay ?

Please confirm, t
hank you

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Is there any other way to stay in Canada without leaving Canada if your passport gets stamped for supervisa in Canada? My mom came here on visitor visa while her supervisa was in process. She just received passport request but I am not sure if there is any way she can stay for more than 6-8 months on super visa without extending TRV
Hi there

I have to questions
1. Does it really get stamped from inside Canada if parents are already in Canada on visitor visa by giving an explanation letter ?
2. If yes, then can they stay for extended duration on the basis of supervisa ? Because entry happened on visitor visa so is it okay to just keep staying without applying for extension of visitor visa stay ?

Please confirm, thank you

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi, @Yachna please can you walk me through the process? My mom just got a passport request for Supervisa as well and she is currently in Canada in a regular TRV. Did you need to wait for instruction from IRCC before sending the passport to Ottawa? Do I just go ahead and mail it to Ottawa? What office did you mail it to? Pls can you share a template of the letter of explanation you include? Thanks in advance.
Hi there

I have to questions

Feby Gigi

Nov 22, 2019
Hi there

I have to questions
They don’t stamp in Canada now. You have send it to US vfs. With explanation letter . With transmission fee draft, and return courier.
2. If yes, then can they stay for extended duration on the basis of supervisa ? Because entry happened on visitor visa so is it okay to just keep staying without applying for extension of visitor visa stay ? My parents has stayed with super visa with out leaving country