+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request for Super visa while visiting Canada

Yachna

Jul 24, 2018
Hi Yachna,

Did you receive your mom's passport yet? Since we have the same timeline I thought of asking. We are still waiting to get any updates. I can't track it yet on xpresspost but it was delivered on time.

Let me know. Thanks
@rochita yes!!!! I have received my mom’s passport back yesterday..it was stamped too!!! Yypeee!! All the best for yours! It took 24 days in total..

dublin_gsw

Apr 21, 2021
Hi - In a same boat, if you can share the template of letter to be sent to Ottawa office explaining the situation. And any additional documents to be sent along with passport,loa and passport submission request letter?

nrmn973

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
Hi - In a same boat, if you can share the template of letter to be sent to Ottawa office explaining the situation. And any additional documents to be sent along with passport,loa and passport submission request letter?
Hey did u write the letter.? Can u please share. Also, did u received ur passport back?

vcole

Feb 3, 2017
@rochita yes!!!! I have received my mom’s passport back yesterday..it was stamped too!!! Yypeee!! All the best for yours! It took 24 days in total..
Hi, @Yachna please can you walk me through the process? My mom just got a passport request for Supervisa as well and she is currently in Canada in a regular TRV. Did you need to wait for instruction from IRCC before sending the passport to Ottawa? Do I just go ahead and mail it to Ottawa? What office did you mail it to? Pls can you share a template of the letter of explanation you include? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

vcole

Feb 3, 2017
Ok sure, let's keep updating on any progress. We also plan to fly to Seattle and fly back in. The only challenge we have is they will have 6 months completed on March 18th ln visitor visa. So we need to fly out before that and also hopefully we receive passport before that. The total processing time shows 14 calendar days plus the xpresspost mailing.

All the best.
Hi @rochita please can you walk me through the process? My mom just got a passport request for Supervisa as well and she is currently in Canada on a regular TRV. Did you need to wait for instruction from IRCC before sending the passport to Ottawa? Do I just go ahead and mail it to Ottawa? What office did you mail it to? Pls can you share a template of the letter of explanation you include? Thanks in advance.

vcole

Feb 3, 2017
Hey did u write the letter.? Can u please share. Also, did u received ur passport back?
Hi @nrmn973 please can you walk me through the process? My mom just got a passport request for Supervisa as well and she is currently in Canada on a regular TRV. Did you need to wait for instruction from IRCC before sending the passport to Ottawa? Do I just go ahead and mail it to Ottawa? What office did you mail it to? Pls can you share a template of the letter of explanation you include? Thanks in advance.

celinegv

Jul 8, 2023
@rochita @Yachna or anyone else who has been through the process already, if you can share the template for the explanation it will be really helpful. I'm in a similar situation. My mother is already in Canada on visitor visa and has received super visa approval yesterday. We would want to send it to Ottawa office for stamping.

And should I inform IRCC in advance, before sending the passport to Ottawa office?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@rochita @Yachna or anyone else who has been through the process already, if you can share the template for the explanation it will be really helpful. I'm in a similar situation. My mother is already in Canada on visitor visa and has received super visa approval yesterday. We would want to send it to Ottawa office for stamping.

And should I inform IRCC in advance, before sending the passport to Ottawa office?
You should contact IRCC via webform and indicate that your mother is currently visiting Canada and would like to request passport stamping in Canada. She will need to initiate the supervisa on a future visit to Canada because she will have to leave and reenter Canada to initiate it. It is not advisable to go to the US border because she risks being denied entry. TRVs and supervisas remain visitor visas so if there are concerns that someone is trying to live in Canada they ca be refused entry. If she wants to try and extend her current stay she should apply online based on her current TRV. The next time she returns home to reestablish her ties to her home country she can then use her supervisa to enter Canada for subsequent visits.

vcole

Feb 3, 2017
Hi, just coming back here to state that I sent my mom’s passport to Ottawa for super visa stamping alongside a very detailed explanation letter. It was returned today with a letter enclosed stating that the case processing centre in Ottawa had received the passport but is returning it because super visas cannot be stamped in Canada and that it should be sent to the nearest VAC outside of Canada. I will be proceeding to send my moms passport to the VAC in Los Angeles and see what happens. I’ve raised several web forms and even called IRCC since the passport request was sent and none have been responded to.

Reactions: deposit

celinegv

Jul 8, 2023
Thanks for letting me know @vcole . Please let me know if you get successful sending it to Los Angeles. I've raised web forms too but didn't receive any response.

celinegv

Jul 8, 2023
Hi @vcole have you shipped to Los Angeles yet? If yes, since Fedex & VFS 2 way courier services does not apply in this case, what courier service did you opt for? Any info on forward and return shipping will be helpful.

Jul 29, 2023
Hi all, thank you so much for your feedback. I sent it to Ottawa with a note explaining the situation, and today we got the passport with stamping ..
Hi there, it says the following on the website, may I ask whether it is a new rule, or I can send the passport anyway?
  • Passports for super visa applications must be sent to a visa application centre (VAC) outside of Canada