+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport question

robflo

Jul 14, 2009
\hello everyone, I was wondering if someone in this forum could help me this.
I am a canadian citizen, 14 years ago I lived overseas in that time,I had a daughter who became a canadian citizen as well, I came back to Canada and my daughter stayed in Peru with her mother, the relationship between her mother and myself didn't work out. While I was in Peru i was able to get my daughter her canadian citizen card which I brought to Canada with me, now my daughter wants me to bring her here,and she is asking me for her passport. and her citizen card, as i said before her mother and I are aren't best friends at all and I don't want to send the papers.
I'd like to know if I could get her canadian passoprt here if she sends me her passport's fotos.
I have no problem doing the paperwork here and once i get her passport send it to her but i just don't feel safe sending her canadian citizen card.
i had always sent her the child support money imposed by the judge in Peru of course i've been sending more than what i was asked for.

please help,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
\hello everyone, I was wondering if someone in this forum could help me this.
I am a canadian citizen, 14 years ago I lived overseas in that time,I had a daughter who became a canadian citizen as well, I came back to Canada and my daughter stayed in Peru with her mother, the relationship between her mother and myself didn't work out. While I was in Peru i was able to get my daughter her canadian citizen card which I brought to Canada with me, now my daughter wants me to bring her here,and she is asking me for her passport. and her citizen card, as i said before her mother and I are aren't best friends at all and I don't want to send the papers.
I'd like to know if I could get her canadian passoprt here if she sends me her passport's fotos.
I have no problem doing the paperwork here and once i get her passport send it to her but i just don't feel safe sending her canadian citizen card.
i had always sent her the child support money imposed by the judge in Peru of course i've been sending more than what i was asked for.

please help,
Why don't you feel safe sending her the citizenship card? This doesn't make any sense. Send her the citizenship card. It's not yours - it's hers - you shouldn't be holding it hostage for any reason. If you don't send it to her, she can always apply for a replacement herself.

robflo

Jul 14, 2009
i
Why don't you feel safe sending her the citizenship card? This doesn't make any sense. Send her the citizenship card. It's not yours - it's hers - you shouldn't be holding it hostage for any reason. If you don't send it to her, she can always apply for a replacement herself

i got my reasons why i don't send it. but that is not what i asked.
I only asked if I could get my daughter passport here in Canada and send it to her and once she is here I will give her citizen card to her.
once again , can I get my daughter her passport here in Canada?

xMadMaxx

Feb 17, 2016
Saudi Arabia
LANDED..........
28-04-2007
The embassy requires both parent's signature on the passport application for the child. Even in Canada, they would still require both parent's signature of the application. I am living overseas and every 5 years me & my wife have to sign the application