17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/05/2015--COPR received 02/06/2015
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
soosan15 said:
Thank you so much besboosa for your response, it is appreciated.
I am the sponsor and my husband is the sponsored person outside of Canada. I was just wondering why they didn't ask for the physical renewed passport, and instead they just requested a copy. My application was received by CIC October 2014 and the file was transferred to Paris visa office on January 2015. My E-cas shows "In Process" under the sponsored person section since April 2015.
I was wondering if there was any similar cases to mine!! I wish you all smooth and short process.
Thanks
The reason they asked for a copy of the passport is because they will not continue to process you application if any of the applicants passports expire during the process and a updated passport is not received. The reason for this is because they will not issue a COPR/VISA to someone who does not have a valid passport.

I do not think they will issue a visa to a travel document, but I am not 100% on this. You may want to ask that question on the main board so some of the senior members can give you a 100% accurate answer.

Because they have only asked for a copy of the passport because it is expiring it is hard to determine at what point they are with processing your application. You should order gmcs notes and that way you will know for sure where they are at with you application.

I still do not fully understand why you cannot get a renewed passport, can you not go to the embassy of you country where ever you are currently located to get your passport renewed. You are going to need it to have a visa/COPR issued. Travel documents are only good for that.......travel.

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
SA: 05/03/2015
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
besboosa said:
They only need copies they never ask for the physical passport, I am not sure about those who send their physical passport I never heard of CIC requesting physical passports unless its something else that they need to verify only front and back copies of passports are requested and that is sent with the application from the beginning you can check out the paris timeline in the signature below some people I added your username not sure of the exact dates but you may want to put them in just to help others with their dates but it sounds like it has been a long one for you if if you sent it in October of last year it depends I guess on the country your sponsoring your spouse from but wish you the best with your application!
Besboosa, I apologize but the information you wrote above is incorrect.

CIC with ALWAYS ask for people to submit their physical passports for people that are not from visa exempt countries. They require the physical passport to apply the visa to it.

soosan15

Jun 27, 2015
Hi RYIT,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.
I ordered GMCS notes at the beginning of June and I haven't received it yet. I am not sure the note will shed a light on whether they made a decision on my application or not. I never found those notes to be comprehensive nor clear.
The reason why my husband can't get his national passport renewed from his country's embassy because he is a refugee and currently resides in Spain.
As for the travel document, I talked to a CIC agent and he said it would be fine to submit it in lieu to a passport. hopefully it wouldn't cause any further delay.
Thank you again for your input.
Best,

mixoqc

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/02/2015
AOR Received.
28/04/2015
Med's Done....
09/01/2015
CHAMPAGNE !

Just got my COPR,

thanks everybody for your tips and support,
i will do my best to help others .

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
soosan15 said:
Hi RYIT,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.
I ordered GMCS notes at the beginning of June and I haven't received it yet. I am not sure the note will shed a light on whether they made a decision on my application or not. I never found those notes to be comprehensive nor clear.
The reason why my husband can't get his national passport renewed from his country's embassy because he is a refugee and currently resides in Spain.
As for the travel document, I talked to a CIC agent and he said it would be fine to submit it in lieu to a passport. hopefully it wouldn't cause any further delay.
Thank you again for your input.
Best,
You had originally asked if anyone else was in the same position as you. If you look at the spreadsheet Misbahnabeel applied on June 17, 2014 and the application has still not be approved. They were informed last month that they will have an interview with CIC on July 21st. Also Missrepresntation applied on October 31st, 2014 and still has not had the application approved, if I remember correctly Paris is still waiting on a police certificate from Paris. So there are two others that applied around when you did and still have not received approval. The other person waiting from 2014 is wnjn who applied in December 2014 and is still waiting for approval.

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
mixoqc said:
CHAMPAGNE !

Just got my COPR,

thanks everybody for your tips and support,
i will do my best to help others .
Congats mixoqc!

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
RYIT said:
You had originally asked if anyone else was in the same position as you. If you look at the spreadsheet Misbahnabeel applied on June 17, 2014 and the application has still not be approved. They were informed last month that they will have an interview with CIC on July 21st. Also Missrepresntation applied on October 31st, 2014 and still has not had the application approved, if I remember correctly Paris is still waiting on a police certificate from Paris. So there are two others that applied around when you did and still have not received approval. The other person waiting from 2014 is wnjn who applied in December 2014 and is still waiting for approval.
Correct, still waiting here. They have not even bothered to reply to my last email, so there you go.

soosan15

Jun 27, 2015
I really hope that all of the waiting couples get re-united soon and this daunting process is over. I understand the frustration and the confusion that some of us have to go through, it is a very unpleasant experience.
It makes me feel sad when I see some people, such as myself, who are still waiting for a shred of information or development in their case and monitoring their email and E-CAS anxiously. it is like a living nightmare!!
again, I do hope it will soon be over and I wish all of you the best of luck with your applications.
Cheers,

wnjn

May 6, 2015
Congrats to everyone who recently got their COPR. My husband just received his today! so excited, and funny how its on Canada day lol.

I have a question about landing in airport. my husband speaks very minimal english, any advice how to help make his landing go smoothly. Also is he required to show proof of funds, and if so how much is the minimum?

thanks

soosan15

Jun 27, 2015
Hi wnjn,

Congratulations on the COPR, I'm happy for you.
from my landing experience long time ago and from what I heard from many people, the landing interview is often short and smooth. they usually ask you if you have any undeclared dependents, and they ask for your address in Canada to mail the PR card. they ask if you carry more than $10000 or you importing anything to the country etc. I believe that's pretty much it.
if you don't mind me asking, did you get your COPR in mail or email? and was it issued by Paris visa office? did you need a visa?
Thanks and best of luck

besboosa

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wnjn said:
Congrats to everyone who recently got their COPR. My husband just received his today! so excited, and funny how its on Canada day lol.

I have a question about landing in airport. my husband speaks very minimal english, any advice how to help make his landing go smoothly. Also is he required to show proof of funds, and if so how much is the minimum?

thanks
Congratulations wnjn,

Did your permanent resident go "In Process" and do you know the date that was processed on and how long has it been until it changed to "decision made" I found that most have got it in and around two weeks?

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
wnjn said:

thanks
Congrats wnjn!!

No he is not required to show proof of funds. As previously mentioned IF he is choosing to bring cash he must declare anything over $10,000

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
soosan15 said:
if you don't mind me asking, did you get your COPR in mail or email? and was it issued by Paris visa office?
COPR's are only issued by mail, never by e-mail. This is because your picture that will be used to create your PR card is attached to the bottom corner of one of the pages.

If your VO office is Paris, that will be who issues the Visa.

wnjn

May 6, 2015
soosan15 said:
Hi wnjn,

Congratulations on the COPR, I'm happy for you.
from my landing experience long time ago and from what I heard from many people, the landing interview is often short and smooth. they usually ask you if you have any undeclared dependents, and they ask for your address in Canada to mail the PR card. they ask if you carry more than $10000 or you importing anything to the country etc. I believe that's pretty much it.
if you don't mind me asking, did you get your COPR in mail or email? and was it issued by Paris visa office? did you need a visa?
Thanks and best of luck

Thanks everyone...I wish the best of luck for all of you!

My husband went to Canadian Embassy to pick up his COPR and visa, and yes it was issued from Paris. Thanks for sharing your landing experience.

wnjn

May 6, 2015
besboosa said:
Congratulations wnjn,

Did your permanent resident go "In Process" and do you know the date that was processed on and how long has it been until it changed to "decision made" I found that most have got it in and around two weeks?
Thanks Besbosa!....wish u the best of luck.

We went in Process june 14 i beleive, and Decision made was changed just yesterday.