+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visitor visa

syedahmedsab

Dec 20, 2022
I have submitted the application on Nov 9th 2022 from India.
Biometrics on Nov 15th
got the biometrics validity letter today 20th December 2022.

Does getting biometrics validity letter means the decision has been made? (I am very confusing reading all the answers from the previous comments)
Please help me answer this, really panicking about the decision.

jay21

Apr 28, 2022
Biometrics on Nov 15th

Does getting biometrics validity letter means the decision has been made? (I am very confusing reading all the answers from the previous comments)
You will get separate messages for decision. Biometric letter is not decision.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Biometrics on Nov 15th

Biometrics is just the first step of an application and unless they can’t get a good image of your fingerprints everyone completes this step. Biometrics are also valid for 10 years so don’t have to be completed for subsequent applications.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you jay bhai, but bvl means that the decision has been made right? and I will get another email for it?
There is no decision when it comes to biometrics. They are just completed. Don’t believe you get specific email confirming Their acceptance.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
You will get an email that indicates you have a new message in your account. If the final decision has been made, the message in your account will so indicate.

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi I have a unique situation - my family has applied for a visitor visa from India, and has filled up the biometric request form. The date that VFS provided - my family can't make it. Is there a way to reschedule it? The language in the FAQ is very confusing.. as in:|

A) How is failure to attend different from re-schedule?
B) Do I need to inform someone if I cannot attend?
C) What happens if I can't give biometrics within 30 days?

Can someone please guide me?

Failure to attend allotted appointment: In an event that you are unable to attend your biometric appointment at the allotted date and time, you will be blocked from requesting an appointment for 5 calendar days. After 5 calendar days, you may raise a new request which will be served on a first come first serve basis.

Re-schedule or Cancel Appointment: Owing to the huge demand for biometric appointments, we will not be able to entertain any request for re-schedule or cancellation of appointments. You are strongly suggested to adhere to your allotted date and time failing which, your appointment request will be queued at the end.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I'm planning to apply for the parents-in-law visitor visa using my wife's GCKey account. They'll be applying from Honduras, a Spanish-speaking country. Most of their support documents are in Spanish. Do we need to translate them into English for the application?

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
I'm planning to apply for the parents-in-law visitor visa using my wife's GCKey account. They'll be applying from Honduras, a Spanish-speaking country. Most of their support documents are in Spanish. Do we need to translate them into English for the application?
yes translated and notarized is what I was told.

• Wow
Reactions: andrews17

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
My dad got their visitor visa last year and he came to visit me for two weeks. He was working at that moment and he attached his employment letter as proof of funds for the visitor visa application.

Now he's retired and he wants to come to Canada again as a visitor for two months. Is it likely that they'll ask him for proof of funds at the airport considering his long stay?